Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Mike Verdu's Latest C&C 3 Blog

Command & Conquer 3 Executive Producer, Mike Verdu, has posted his latest, and long overdue, blog on the Official Command & Conquer 3 Site. In A Little About Tiberium Mike discusses the subject of Tiberium once again and then explains how the development team are always checking the C&C 3 forums to find out what the fans have to say about the game. Here is a small sample.

The reaction from the community was interesting. Many of you understood and agreed with the choices we were making. Others were unconvinced. Intense debates and discussions erupted on the various forums that we monitor. Some of the arguments I read were emotional, the rest rooted in interpretations of the fiction. A number of opinions were expressed in very strong terms indeed.

All of this is good. I admire the passion that fuels the C&C community, because we share that passion on the team. I’m totally cool with the idea that some fans disagree with some of our choices. I respect that. We’re not going to be able to please everyone all of the time.

But I did read something that concerned me. A few people expressed the opinion that we were completely ignoring the community, that we’re just determined to do our own thing regardless of the feelings of the fans. I can take criticism - even harsh criticism - but I’m saddened by the idea that people in the community think we’re ignoring them. I’ve addressed this before in blogs and interviews, but it’s important enough that I feel like I need to bring it up again.

Click here to read the rest.

yup - I'm still a fanboy.

;)

-gben

I got bored of reading it and gave up half way through.

Anyway what's this game called again and when is it released, I can't remember. I can remember a guy called Ironside who's gonna be in it but the rest escapes me?

In all seriousness though is this game being sold on the account of it's history and name, as well as so called shiny graphics? Or are we actually gonna see an Intellectual Property worth shouting about?

The so-called mysterious 3rd side anyone?