Sign in to follow this  
Kingofall

What R U Listening 2 [Gothic Music Anyone?]

Hey ppl

am just wondering wut r u ppl listening 2 these days?

I personally like gothicmusic (my dying bride, orpahned land, lacrimas profundere, tristania, moonspell, and practiaclly anything which includes guitars with dpressing piano tunes :D and some heavy metal)

so am just wondering wut r u ppl listening 2?

i remember there was someone here who used to listen to gothic music

I like a few variaties of music i listen to rock, punk, metal etc

also some house music and trance, dance can be good when im in the mood :)

I used to listen to all sorts of bands but I grew bored with them all now its just Metallica's albums :wink:

nah 2 me metallica have lost there radiance, i didnt like St.Anger that much

i prefer gothic music, with more doom like melodies nd where you can hear ryhmes clearly, with a slice of piano nd drums

what beautiful in gothic music (lacrimas profundere) is that u can hear each instrument! hell they even ues the harp!

Any old music will do for me. Minus anything that sounds like pop or classical or old music. Anything before the 80 is too old. :lol:

its nice to be back, sports, college, girl n music can really take up your time espeicially"Dun mind ma spelling" the 3rd one

although it seems that these fourms r kinda empty, or it must be cos its xmas

i used to like listening to the party songs between 93-98

nd i like trance, its similar to alcohol :wink: its makes ma blood hot, n makes me happy ,,, lol

for old bands i like Sepultura

Dream Theater Anyone?

nah 2 me metallica have lost there radiance, i didnt like St.Anger that much

Personally I think St. Anger rocks!

Its raw and heavy....its old school Metallica with a few new tricks. Perhaps if you knew what the band went through to get the album done you would appreciate it more....and understand the meaning behind some of the lyrics. And hence the name "St. Anger".

Guest Bill Steamshovel

I doubt it. I think he's just gotten over Metallica's style. Considering the level of work that Rob Trujillo has done in the past, I think he is completely wasted.

I'm listening to Opeth's Orchid album at the moment. I think Kingofall might be into it.

If anything Rob Trujillo is better than Jason Newsted was. Rob's on stage presence is bigger, he is more animated than Jason was. I think Metallica is better of without Jason now.

Don't forget that Rob was not in Metallica when they recorded St. Anger, Bob Rock (producer of all Metallica's albums since the Black Album) filled in on the bass playing.

Rob Trujillo was brought in for when the went on tour. Rob will have a bigger influence on Metallica's next studio album.

BTW, James Hetfield said that the guys will be back in the studio recording new stuff sometime around March/April 2005 so we won't see another album untill Nov/Dec 2005. Better than the 6 year wait between ReLoad and St. Anger I guess.

The reason.... because they will still be touring between now and Dec this year.

Guest Bill Steamshovel

I didn't know that Rob didn't have any creative input on the album. That explains alot actually.

Nirvana, Californication, Warning, High Wire Escape Artist (Boy Sets Fire TCT)

Anything really floats my boat.

Nice to see ya guys still here :)

its not about gettin over metallica, i just like the more depressin/sad/growlin/heavy style, as for heavy metal, i like sepultura, sinoustries

i am gonna check out opeth

btw if you want a good peer 2 peer program which contains A L O T of metal/gothic etc.. songs nd dun like kazza check out soul seek

i forgot da link 2 da main page but do a yahoo search and youll find it in a sec.