Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Why is this Community so Negative

I blame the general negative feel from all the f***tards on the official EA forums. I mean really, some of them I don't even understand why they'd even post if its just totally negative bull**** anyway.

i fully agree with you, they just complain about anything they can get there hands on, that is not where EA should get there questions from with stuff that needs to be fixed it needs to come from Fan sites. like us, C&Cden etc.

I wonder...

Do you know any forum or site where people have sent a letter to EA saying what they want, and EA actually replied about considering it?

:evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Yeah here :wink:

I'm personally responsible for the return of Visceroids and certain other mutants to C&C 3. :D

Got this in an e-mail from regular communicatons from our community manager!

In Mike Verdus latest blog he mentioned that mutants and visceroids are back in C&C 3. As I recall, that was something you told me ABSOLUTELY must be in C&C 3. Well, after considering your feedback, they are in!

See! :wink:

Rebels all turn to the Masked Shah and await a comment.

Rebel- Celebrate?

Masked Shah- hmm... um okay...

Rebels go crazy and fire wildly into the air, yipping and hollaring... Some rebels start rapping about viceroids and mutants...

Well well well.. look what the cat has dragged backin.It's Fragman aka MattN aka Beaker :D

I have't been on any Westwood sites for years! I'm not even sure if any of you remember me... I just visited the lion over at his den and sent hm an email seeing how he is..what a flashback from the past.

My view on the community is just by spending a couple of hours visiting the sites its nothing what it used to be like. I remember merging my site may many years ago and building up the Xtreme network with Abdullah. That seems to have vanished now as he was far too busy and I had to exit the community due to schooling committments about 4-5 years ago? I'm 19 now and I was 12 or so when I joined the community and I couldn't of had a more fun time back in those days.. People like Abdullah (maniac i think his alias was?) , the shadow, chris rubyor(still around?), sonic, umm this other aussie bloke that was my age i talked to a bit (forget his name).. it was a great time!

From my understanding the whole Westwood takeover has kind of ****ted the whole community.. All I remember is being the webmaster of the xtreme network and having the ablity to call chris rubyor whenever i wanted and being sent out all these free goodie to give away on the websites.. being able to do interviews and ask questions whenever and having a great team of friends who were doing the same thing.. ahh good times :)

Hope all is well with you guys.. and who knows maybe one day i'll be back for more! :roll: hehe

I vaguely remember you fragman, there is a familiar ring to your name.

Chris Rubyor (Delphi) is now working as a designer for Petroglyph Games a studio founded and owned by Mike Legg and has many of the other Westwood guys. Even Music God of games Frank Klepacki is there!

There is a huge wealth of talent at this studio. Developers from Westwood, SSI, Reality pump, EA, Ensemble Studios and Firaxis games are within this company. They can be considered in many ways the greatest collection of strategy developers on the planet.

This is will show sooner enough. Petroglyph hold an Ace of Spades in the form of a new Real Time Strategy Intellectual Property never seen in the Genre before. The game's announcement is due some time this month, but will only be a 10 second teaser.

People like Abdullah (maniac i think his alias was?)

Maniac from the old RAX (Red Alert 2 Xtreme) site? I think he was one who posted up everything as "exclusive" all the time, like no other site in the community had access to the same news. Every time I visited the site almost every news post was exclusive this, exclusive that or you will only find this news at RAX :roll:

The thing was it was stuff like Delphi's newsletters that he would send out to all sites.

I remember before I merged my site with his it was all exclusive and **** like that.. he seemed to like using that word a lot.

Personally I didn't care who used the news I got, whether it was first hand or second hand I really couldn't give a ****.. maybe it was because I was only 13 and had no issue with people sharing news.. i thought its what was suppose to happen lol

All I remmber is missing out on a trip to Westwood because I was too young.. now that pissed me off! haha

Petroglyph looks interestng.. seems to have a solid team behind it.

You were thirteen and somehow got invited? Damn, that sucks not being able to go. Too bad you couldn't postpone it a few years.