Sign in to follow this  
SSTG

finally did GDI firestorm campaign

man thats one big tough robot...

I find GDI's campaign easier to nods probaly due to the mammoth and firestorm still need to beat the last mission with nod though

What the core defender? Meh, a dozen banshees with a few passes takes it out easy. :nod:

Also, if you stealth up your entire base, as in there are no visible units, including harvesters, the core defender won't attack. Of course if you turn off your stealth generator, it will walk straight towards your base.

yea thats not my problem with the nod mission I keep getting hit by missiles which keeps getting annoying

The missile complex is to the far, err right. Just get a bunch of those Elite Cadre guys and send a few subterranean vehicles over there. ;)

Even though I beat the game, during the Nod campaign, my biggest hassle was collecting the tiberium and surviving repeated attacks by Cabal. I was on the defensive too much but came out ok.

Finally did it though I had hold ups like that pesky EMP cannon I had to hold off the missiles for awhile then took out the small bases and bombed the missile sites after that needed to kill the veins to get to that station though to capture it

had took out the robot easier this time too :D

lol, the Core Defender is easy to take out...

GDI: cloaked firestorm defence (just capture some CABAL CY to build the stealth generator)

Nod: cloaked laser fence. When you power it down, wait for something to pass through and then power it up again, it's pretty much the same as FS defence :P

Alternately, lure it onto a bridge and blow up the bridge.

Or ignore it and just kill the Core. With Disruptors, you can kill the core without even opening the FS defense field, meaning the Defender never gets deployed.

LOL. Its pretty funny now thinking about it because when i FIRST saw the core defender deploy i was like. :shock: OMFG WTF IS THAT :shock: .

LOL. It was just something you didnt expect. Here it looks like a defense structure and then....BOOM...Its a mech ready to clean the map of your forces. I liked Westwood's creative thinking on that.

I barely had any units around the area bc i was using artillery and banshees to wipe out CABAL's power and Obelisks.

yea I just saw that and I went *oh **** I'm screwed* had to react quickly cause I saved the game as he came after me

For NOD, I just threw everything I had at him, and I survived, barely, with like 2 structures and some odd units.

For GDI, I build a parking lot of firestorm wall sections in front of my base, had a pack of wolverines piss him off, and lured him onto the firestorm platform with them, then blew it. No cloaking was needed, although I got trigger happy with it and blew my wolverines before they got off it. Oh well.