Sign in to follow this  
Woofna

Warring alien factions ... and we're caught in the middle?

Random theory!!

What if the aliens we see so far are NOT the scrin? What if they're the bad aliens that want to kill all Earthlings and dominate Terra, but they will be countered by the good aliens, the Scrin, during a C&C3 expansion. And, the Scrin actually like humanity and will try to protect it and unify themselves with it.

If so ... what side is NOD on, if any? And will there be an alien/human hybrid coming into play sometime?

I've just been spewing these out all day today, sorry.

lol that is a crazy theory but quite possible, man that would be cool and the Scrin appear in the expansion really pissed. lol

I keep saying this, but 3 sides is enough... any more and things fly outta the window like a cowboy in a bar-room brawl.

At the end of the day these guys sent Tiberium, now they're here to finish the job.... end of story really.

I keep saying this, but 3 sides is enough... any more and things fly outta the window like a cowboy in a bar-room brawl.

At the end of the day these guys sent Tiberium, now they're here to finish the job.... end of story really.

Subsides. The Scrin and this alien faction could share technology like CABAL and Nod. But hopefully not.

4 sides COULD work if done right.

Scribbles out "Then EA could finally say..:"

Saves "NEVER SAW THAT COMING BITCHES LOL!"

I'm saving that :P

And we need clowns :?

3 Sides! That is it, no stupid subsides no good and bad aliens. Just Nod, GDI and the Scrin. That is it end of story.

Next thread. :twisted:

Guest Maul

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i want the forgotten and cabal

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i want the forgotten and cabal

Maul, the forgoten will be extra units as said in the podcast.

if evrything will be easy as EA said then most logicaly to add an independent side, car thiefs maybe :D

but realy if calculating posablities then forth army isn't needed, instead you can add more tech buildings of apocaliptic age and army of independent tech thiefs wich if my memory does't let me down were supposed to be the forth faction in ts:fs.

there is a link: http://www.cnc-source.com/forums/index.php...si&img=2459

Maybe they decide to split forces into two for a few missions, like they did in TS with red and blue Nod forces, and later on cabal.

btw.. wasnt the forgotten in one of the missions in TS FS? think i remember a green mammoth tank or two.

We had a thread earlier and many people agreed that sub-sides can make the difference in the game, despite the announcments made now by EA (this was back in November when things were slow).

I think that Cabal and Forgotten forces were to make good sub-sides but with EA announcing them as tech structures, well, we will just have to see and hope for the best.

We also discussed the possibility of a fourth side, but that would make C&C3 too complicated.

Hope for the best, hope for the best...

When do we NOT hope, but KNOW we are getting the best?

I for one am tired of the hype and then only to hear the dissappointing news...

No

No more...

If EA games wants the Masked Shah's money, they have to prove their game's worth first... I will be a bad sport and not encourage hype anymore.... unless they gimme free stuff *cough*hint

4 sides? Complicated? Try RoN. Now that game WAS complicated. I think that 4 sides won't hurt, but 5 would be a complete fiasco.

what would be wicked for missions as you unlock it you need to play the other side to continue the story, adn it flicks you between 3 sides, man that would rule.

Warcraft and Generals does that and it's annoying....

I prefer the alternate endings to reflect the ultimate win.

Warcraft and Generals does that and it's annoying....

I prefer the alternate endings to reflect the ultimate win.

/agreed

yeah that would be cool..

but the people who might continue the story in c&c4 might be confused, couse the dont know wich one relly wins. or?

You obviously never played Dawn of War or the Warwind series have you? True, it is fairly difficult, especially if each side is using DIFFERENT models but it can be done and done well by some people. Whether EA is one of these people I'll leave up to you.

I have played Dawn of War actually, it's my favourite RTS game at this point in time. Not only is Warhammer 40k a childhood past time it's also just 1, in a long line of almost 200 RTS games I've played over the years. I do know my stuff dude. Multiple sides work in Dawn of War for one sole reason only. The entire universe from the tabletop perspective contains 11 factions. So Relic knew that with undertaking such a project, a few select factions wasn't an option.

Point is C&C 3 should remain as 3 sides. Adding any more simply turns the story we've followed for the last 11 years on it's head. Before you know it GDI & Nod's classic conflict is sidetracked for an intergalactic war which just won't fit. The Alien Faction was planned from day one with this game, so that's how it should stay.

I have played Dawn of War actually, it's my favourite RTS game at this point in time. Not only is Warhammer 40k a childhood past time it's also just 1, in a long line of almost 200 RTS games I've played over the years. I do know my stuff dude. Multiple sides work in Dawn of War for one sole reason only. The entire universe from the tabletop perspective contains 11 factions. So Relic knew that with undertaking such a project, a few select factions wasn't an option.

Point is C&C 3 should remain as 3 sides. Adding any more simply turns the story we've followed for the last 11 years on it's head. Before you know it GDI & Nod's classic conflict is sidetracked for an intergalactic war which just won't fit. The Alien Faction was planned from day one with this game, so that's how it should stay.

Put in that perspective, you have a perfectly valid point King. However, there are several subgroups (most notably CABAL and the Forgotten) who, with some serious thought, could become feasible powers in their own right and don't have to have dreams of intergalactic conquest. Perhaps there are even a few scattered gene-modded soldiers persuing the agendas of their great messiah Yuri.... *Pulls out a baseball bat to deal with Yuri-haters*