Sign in to follow this  
SSTG

I'm going to go insane on RA the final allied mission

ARGH! they just keep coming!! I can't get a few minutes to get my defenses up!

might need to try again

lol.. Keep at it you'll get there eventually. ;)

I think I have the element to tip the odds in my favour if it works as well as it did in RA2

*hits head on wall repeatively*

allies suck! :x

still stuck on this mission I cripple the south base but my defense keeps crumbling before I can cripple them

You need to revert to rusher tactics, focus more upon the tanks and such to defend rather than attempting to turtle in your base saving money for building the defenses up. Once you have a sizable defense force, then focus on getting the rest of the base sorted.

Talking about this mission. Anyone notice the accidental cliff face tile on the left of the beach-head which is supposed to be just a temperate grass tile :P

Rush Medium Tanks. That's all you need to win. Toss Cruisers in there if you can but Mediums should be your biggest attack force. Remember infantry pose little threat to tanks since you can crush all of them very easily.

When you get reinforcements from the north-east (when the truck has been destroyed). After you've taken the power plants, you can start moving tanya and the thieves back east across the center of the base. Watch out for the flame towers... The thieves can each take a silo and get you some quick, easy cash. After the thieves are in, start blowing up flame towers and tesla coils. The mobile artillery works best because it can stay out of range. If you blow up too many defenses, all the buildings in the section will be sold and a bunch of infantry will need to be handled.

The best base location seems to be the one that you've just cleared. Since this is the final mission, try it from here!! Light and Medium Tanks seem good for me. The lighter tanks for their rapid rate of fire and distance. The medium tanks for their armor and punching power. If you can hunt down the enemy minors and destroy them.

Mmh... I finished it a loooong time ago... but I don't remeber almost anything about that!

I didn't have much difficult on this... like all of the final missions in C&C you suppose to create a good defense, first, and then take out one of the bases that the enemy got. After that they will immediately slow down with the attacks.

As you said, the Allies lacks in defense, so you have to buid a base isolated, with only two or three sides uncovered. Then put a looooot of medium tanks in the main direction the attacks come, and, back them, put a lot of artillery. It alwas worked well.

When you secured your base, try to rise a few medium tank, to provoke the opponent forces by attacking their harvesters. They will come and you will destroy them, one by one, 'till they will be out of money (did I say that you, in the mean time, have to destroy their harvesters?).

This is a good general strategy for the last missions, but, I admit that it's not a complete one. I have to re-install Red Alert and play the final mission of the Allies side. Only after finishing it again I will give you a more precise advice.

Good luck until then (this in the case you haven't finished it yet, of course!!!)