Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

German PC Games Magazine C&C 3 Info

The German gaming magazine, PC Games, recently went on sale. It includes a C&C 3 video featuring an interview with Mike Verdu, shows a short battle between the GDI and Nod and it previews a GDI versus Alien Faction singe player mission. The video can be downloaded via MegaUpload using the link below. Or grab it from FileFront which is apparently higher quality and a smaller download.

dl_icon.gif German PC Games Magazine C&C 3 Video (249 MB) | MegaUpload

dl_icon.gif German PC Games Magazine C&C 3 Video (160 MB) | FileFront

The article in the magazine contains lots of info, which has been summarized below:

- Aliens waited intentionally before invading. They waited for "the signal". They thought that signal was the destruction of the Philadelphia, and thus, they started by invading the red zones.

- C&C3 plays just like any true C&C game, you get the C&C feeling already when you build a refinery.

- The UI is similar to World Of Warcraft's. (In a sense it is accessible, easy-to-use and efficient)

- There will be absolutely no in game ads, except the so-called "spectator client" which might show some ads in a small ticker.

- Every faction has a special infantry unit. GDI has the Commando, Nod has a female soldier and the Aliens have "The Mastermind".

- EMP weaponry is back.

- The actors in C&C3 make the universe and the story believable, you'll grow to love their characters and either agree with their decisions or not, just like with any human in real-life. These developed characters make the story of Command & Conquer 3 go forward.

- The Forgotten are back and available due special buildings, the mutant hovels. Just like a tech building.

- Nod players have to do more micromanagement than GDI players.

- The mystery around Kane will grow quite a bit, until the player eventually makes the ultimate decision.

- The campaigns are parallel instead of linear.

- Three campaigns with a total of about 40 missions will each tell the story from a different angle. Each campaign leads to a different ending.

- The Alien faction is referred to as "The Scrin" in the article. Wether it is their real name or not still remains a mystery. In the videos, the word "Scrin" isn't mentioned once.

- There will be a GDI mission against the Aliens that is set in Cologne. This mission has very dark setting.

- Shader 3.0 is used for the graphics.

- The Alien buildings cause a "Matrix-like warp" when they are hit.

- Arrows will indicate mission objectives.

- Part of the Aliens' arsenal is composed of Gun Walkers, Buzzers, Shock Troopers, Annihilator Tripods, Gunships, Corruptors, The Mastermind, Devourer Tanks and the Alien Mothership

- The veteran system is the same as in BFME2.

- Minimum PC specs are 1.8 GHz, 512MB RAM and a GeForce 3 64mb video card.

- Very fast loading times (less than 10 seconds)

- Burrowing will be limited to one single special ability, but because of the in-game balance there are no subterranean units like in Tiberian Sun.

- The Scrin Mothership is a giant super weapon, which can destroy entire bases in no time.

- C&C3 music will have new music, but there will also be a few old C&C tunes from Frank Klepacki. (It isn't mentioned if they are remixes of the old tracks or simply THE old tracks)

- The Alien faction plays a bit like Nod in a sense that you have to be "creative" when using their special abilities

- The Aliens have some very powerful late-game units (Annihilator Tripod), and some early-game mass cannon-fodder units (Razor Drones)

- Air units of the Aliens include plasma-equipped Devastator battleships, transports that can carry lots of units (ala Supreme Commander) and a (super-weapon) mothership.

Thanks to CnC3.org for the great summary. As you can see there is lot of information to soak in there. Of note are the minimum system requirements and the point about the music. Also with any luck we can get this whole Aliens/Third Faction/Scrin matter sorted out before the game is released.

Are there any other mirrors? I am in qatar now and they are kinda blocking mega upload. It always says i got like 200+ waiting line or i can't save =/

Now this is an update! :D

"- Part of the Aliens' arsenal is composed of Gun Walkers, Buzzers, Shock Troopers, Annihilator Tripods, Gunships, Corruptors, The Mastermind, Devourer Tanks and the Alien Mothership"

I wonder how the Alien Mothership superweapon and Devastator Battleships will work. Do they hover over the battlefield like the covenant cruisers would do on Halo? :hmm:

I dont want to complain, as we have discussed it in the forums in recent past, but will some of the "alien" units be psychic (I saw Mastermind and thought instantly on YR :eh:) based or rather parasitic like the Flood from Halo?

I hope the EMP weaponry will play more of a role in C&C3. :hmm:

"The Alien buildings cause a "Matrix-like warp" when they are hit."

-WTF does that mean? :hmm: :eh: .

"The Alien buildings cause a "Matrix-like warp" when they are hit."

-WTF does that mean? :hmm: :eh: .

Best way to describe it is when Neo touches that mirror. It becomes soft and somewhat gooey so to speak, and the mirror ripples when Neo takes his finger out. The alien structures will have that sort of structure. Similar to the alien shields in the movie independance day, but the projectiles will actually penetrate what they hit.

Guest Rabbit

Don't worry, there's nothing psychic here.

Those tripods better NOT just be WotW copies

sounds rather daunting, having ot face up against them. Speaking of no subterrainean units in the name of balance (well you know, Mammoth tank, Recon bike, it all equals out :roll: :wink: ) will Nod have all of their glorious stealth tech?

And what'll the "Aliens" think of that? Or will it be just useless against them?

Aside from the speculation, I think this is (so far) shaping up to a rather interesting title for the C&C unniverse. Although "they thought the destruction of the Philly was the sign" seems kinda, idk, cheesy to me, but overall, I'm not complaining at all. Just speculating :wink:

Nod Avi mec can become stealthed.... thats bloody scary.... worse than Mammys! (uses a stealth tank)

Nod got that Stealthed plane!

And stealth generators!

I guess the Nod tank can burrow as its got the dozer blade upgrade...

Well if the aliens were waiting for a sign, what sign would it have been? The Philly hasn't been orbiting earth for very long, so that wasn't "the sign".... But the nuclear explosion was enough to trigger their sensors...

So in relation to my latest article, although I said Kane might be against these visitors... Was the Nod built "Scrin ship" created as "the sign"?? Did it have to look alien so that the aliens themselves would not see it as a human craft.......

Damn it I need this game! :crazy:

watching that game play was cool but i so wish it was in English, and didn't have a heavy German accent over it.

Oh really? this one has the german voice over?

Well look at the YouTube ones.... there still ENGLISH.... heck there was a thread but someone locked it as its 'no good'.... hrmm.....

Well the youtube one's are poor quality, but they appear to originally be in English with German subtitles.

Is the 250mb download worth it for quality? I started the download got halfway, and now have to start again...

-gben

I would be eternally greatful if CNCNZ can get a download link to the video on the CNCNZ site instead of going to another website to download it. I know its a big vid but its not downloading on my PC and YOUTUBE sucks in quality. :lol:

Guest Rabbit

ROFL! I'm probably one of the only people who gets the inside joke in that :P

Well quality is substantially better in the megaupload version... so it was worth the download for me. The sound was out of sync with the video for some reason though... the youtube audio was sync'd correctly for me.

First glance shows a lot of generals/zero hour mechanics involved in the mp game. So I think familiarity with those games and their game mechanics will decrease the learning curve, compared to the people who are more familiar with the C&C old-school games.

Fortunately Zee and other summit leaders say it feels like C&C. So we'll go with that.

I like all the piecemeal damage shown on buildings etc, flame damage etc and all the other gfx niceties. Of course that just makes me shudder when I think about performance on my machine.

I have no issues with the gui - seems to work ok. Although does *anyone* use the stop - attack - group buttons in the bottom left of the screen???

-gben

PS. I just noticed the floating alien harvester... are all units able to attack or is only air/anti-air units?

and I *love* that imploding effect King was talking about!

249 MB!

Ugh... Well at least it isn't in HD... :P

Adds to download queue...

Very nice summary of the video CNCNZ...

Actually Predator, the news came from http://www.gamereplays.org/cnc3/, so credit should be to them I guess.

As for hosting this 250 MB video on CNCNZ.com, sorry can't do that.

Don't worry, there's nothing psychic here.

Thanks for that. I was getting quite worried when i saw that because of something Ishmael from PG posted in the PG forums

A few of the unit concepts for early C&C3 ended up in RA2 / Yuri's...

Can anyone possibly fix the out-of-sync audio in the video download because I would greatly appreciate that since in this topic I saw no alternatives to watch the video that is like 249 MB so can someone please do this because the video that is downloadable now should be fixed so it can have the audio in-sync with the video but if you can then please add the 249 MB video to YouTube if at all possible with the audio in-sync if anyone can do that it would greatly be appreciated. :)

Thank you for showing me where to get the video that is about 160 MB Sonic, when i played the video it looked and played way better than the 249 MB video so thanks. :) EDIT: Oh man, it's in German, I don't understand the German language at all but where is an english version of the interview, would anyone know where it would be? If so then i would greatly appreciate it. :D

Hey, nice update there.

Also, Tesla7zap over at the official boards has posted a few points from the latest PCGamer (Sweden). Here's a link to the thread.

• The menu music is the same as in the first game. (Don't know if they just put it there as a placeholder until they make new music for it)

[*]Kane has a special agenda with the Aliens.

[*]The Aliens has less units but you can use them in more ways.

[*]Aliens have the same esthetic design like the ship in Tiberian Sun, with blue- purplish neon-looking lightsources.

[*]The Juggernaught can be used in both normal close combat and with the the watching eye from a sniper, you will be able to use it as an artillery.

[*]Rumours say that one mission will take place in London which is attacked by the Aliens

[*]A lot of things of the game feels familiar and they have managed to return the atmosphere from the older games. The person who wrote the article has returned to play Tiberian Sun again.

[*]They will have a review of the game in a month or two.

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?s...threadID=169113

translation of Verdu's interview and scans can be found...

random sample point of interest:

The same video hosted on File Front. From what I understand its better quality and smaller file size.

http://files.filefront.com/PCG_Videoavi/;6...;/fileinfo.html (160 MB)

Well the quality of this one seems about the same as the megaupload *and* it's sync'd properly so cool banannas!

When I download the file it comes up as "x6" with no file association... it plays fine in my media player, but can someone tell what format the video is in so I can download the correct codec for future?

Definetly ignore the youtube version and download the filefront version if you can.

-gben

Post Edited by Admin - Combined your double post into one post.

Ha and I was going for a triple post with this one...

- I wonder if the alien tripod firing all three 'prongs' means a lessoning of power by half or third depending on how it's attacked

- noticing that Kane has different voice actors for foreign language versions - I wonder how important it is for those markets to get the same voice actor???

- shredder turrents? Is that three seperate anti-infantry defenses or a single defense with three seperate firing points. It's shame this is heavily edited, because you miss the deployment of the 'hub' which appears to be the mini-mcv and I'm curious about. Also cuing buildings would be an interesting thing for the engineer rush (if I could cue the equivalent of 5 obby's that would cause some hassles for the enemy) {of course I would need sufficient power - don't change the subject!!!}

Hmmm... watching the deployment of the anti-vehicle versions. Really seems to be triplicate turrents which you can deply in an arc or within a radius - Zee or anyone else can you confirm?

- as good as the quality is, I can't quite make out the engineers. Do they have yellow hard-hats?

- i like the information in the purchase menu... as well as dollar amounts, there is timer and apparently shortcut keys (eg F3 for apc)

- geez it was nice to hear "mechanical man" :) :) :)

- I liked the slow tracking of the deployed juggernaught turrent

- I didn't like how it seemed hard to see quickly unit health, or enemy unit health for that matter. It will probably be different when I'm playing though.

-gben