KyleBrogan

Didn't ANYBODY like Generals?

:haha: true

there also isn't much shortage once you get going, have like 10 drop zones, and you are rich!

Edited by BlyTwo

Besides, the dozer build system is by far better than MCVs...

Hell no. HELL NO. I'd prefer the MCV system over the dozers any day.

ya, i hated the dozer thing, it was really hard to repair things too

Hell no. HELL NO. I'd prefer the MCV system over the dozers any day.

dozers > MCVs. Period. There is no argument. A dozer system is more efficient and more practical than an MCV. Not to say MCVs are bad but dozers offer more possibilities.

that is true i guess, you can build anywhere, which was cool and fun

Building anywhere is NOT a good thing. It leads to base defenses rushing <_<

That's an uncommon and foolhardy tactic, and very risky. Very, very few people even attempt it since dozers are too slow and you'll be able to have rocket soldiers ready to take out the dozer.

Regardless, you rush to take your tactical position by building a base defense there.

Regardless, you rush to take your tactical position by building a base defense there.

The problem is that this rarely works and very ineffective. It sets you behind in production and behind in money by wasting it on a lone defensive structure.

And yet I always see that happening on maps with bridges etc in generals

and also the construction was very weak at first

Yes, I always hated that. I'm happy with how that has been adjusted in RA3. :nod:

And the dozer system is way better, but MCVs will always have a place in my heart. :blush::P

MCV's are plain better than dozers.

Dozers die quickly, CY's hold out longer

Edited by Inferno

You can keep your MCV. I'll keep my dozers, popping up groups of structures at the same time. Then I'll walk all over you with tanks. I'll spam them to be even more obnoxious. Maybe I'll spam airfields and raep you with Raptors. WHO KNOWS?

At least my buildings don't die when I fire one shot at them after they start building :v

Anyway this is not about which system can beat the other, MCV is just 100% win.

Anyway this is not about which system can beat the other

Its not?

I find ZH okay... but not awesome. It isn't a true C&C game for me. The sidebar has been replaced, the missions aren't awesome anymore. However I still enjoy the game, especially the expansion set, with the new sub-factions are the coolest thing EA has added in the C&C series at that time.

I do enjoy generals, I do agree it seemed rush, and the story was poor but the gameplay was great. Sure it didn't fall into the same storyline, it was a more modern game, but it infact worked as a C&C game, may not be the same story, and to me is good enough for the C&C title. I'm a C&C Veteren and C&C 3 didn't seem oh aw godly like some people think. Yea its a good game, and lot of complaints were made about the story until the expansion, when they filled gaps. But I didn't find the game to be addicting, I would rather play WoW, or even generals then C&C 3, just wasn't addicted, played it a lot at first, then just over time I stopped, and sometimes I go off and on. Online wasn't fun at all, mainly because, most people didn't care about having fun, just winning, and would just rush, rush, rush. lost my interest. Though now it won't even let me online no matter what, I have no idea why, tried making 3 accounts and it wont let me.

The AI in Generals was just sucky and predictable, C&C 3 has a very good AI, Brutal is difficult to beat. Generals survies alot on mods but thousands still play online in non-mods.

So yea lot of people do play, half go online. I normally only play it with the shockwave mod(Best balanced, oldest mod for it) with Advanced AI mod. so then when your going against GLA on hard they literaly sends hordes of basically random units, and are persistent so it can get hard.

Story is poor and the factions were a bit weird. Completely different from C&C so i kind of agree with people when they say it shouldnt have been C&C. But its about time we had something different from RA and Tseries. Also its good over the internet with mates. In my rubbish connection area (east of england in teh countryside with only one other house) genreals will run perfectly while TW and RA£ will lag behind. It hasnt been thought through... but it is good fun!

The stereotypes for all the factions do make it fun and gameplay wise it's a good game, but the campaign consists of loose missions and it's hardly anything like the other C&C games at all.

Generals was great and all, but it is old now, and wasn't extremely amazing, no C&C ever has been absolutely perfect, they all have bugs and signs of laziness/low budget for patience...

I think some of the mods did a better job than the original game.

When C&C 3 came out, that was an exception, 1 thing, graphics... But it was just as basic as C&C 1 besides the support powers, and a few upgrades...

Take RTS genius like Earth 2150, and you've got dozers, and the "dozerless build"(can build 3 at a time) and research, and unit customization, and, and, and...

Minus the graphics...

And, ya, the missions didn't have a deep story either. (now that I think of it, nor did Earth...)

Edited by BlyTwo