Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

Well, I'm Feeling Satisfied! Are You?

Ever since the 3rd faction has been officially announced, I have felt nothing but sheer excitement for C&C 3. It's been quite a turn-around for EA in my opinion. Even though I didn't go to EA this year to sample the game first hand I already have that clear confidence that we have on our hands here, the best C&C ever!

A year ago, we seemingly had nothing to shout about. No news, and no hope. But what a difference 12 months make. Loads of information, videos, Kane back, FMVs back, some great community feedback gone into the game as well. Plus with 9 weeks to go, plenty of more info, trailers, a demo, and whatever EA can throw at us will be coming in faster than the Alien invasion itself! Top Stuff!

I now can't get around my head one last thing though. What else do EALA need to do, to convince some people about this game? It's not the game play because that's been there in abundance since Generals. It's not the canon, since everything has a place within the game now. Or does it just not live up to how "Westwood" could have done it?

Of course Westwood could have done it perfect couldn't they? Well no, Westwood have never managed perfection in my opinion. And even if they had developed C&C 3 it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference.

C&C 3 has been 8 years in the making from concept to hitting the shelves. It's been through numerous phases of the development process time and time again since before Red Alert 2. If anything the plans Westwood laid out for this game have been scanned over time and time again. So really without a doubt, despite all the community's best efforts to stick our noses in, EA know how this game should be better than Westwood did.

In many respects putting our feedback down on certain canon elements have been justified. Such as Visceroids and mutants, partial elements of Tiberium and such. But I wonder if we as a community left EA to do the job how they wanted it, how much of a better or worse game could it have been?

I guess we'll never know. All I do know though, is that the BfME franchise has had a great atmosphere and great game play. And it's all down to EA sticking to their guns on many fronts, by using the information open to them from the movies and Tolkien's great literature. Both have been games that I've played for many hours on end because the whole package fuses together so well. Add the magic of C&C to the current formula of the BfME franchise, and then some, and you have a game that'll take on any RTS this year for that "Game of the Year" title.

This game has guts, and it's clear to me it isn't afraid to rip a few out from the likes of SupCom and World in Conflict. And even if Petroglyph get their game into 2007 with their brand new intellectual property. C&C 3 is gonna do it's best to make sure that the monster defies it's original creators in every respect possible.

All people needed to do was wait and eventually the info they were looking for would surface. Did you think EA was to cough up everything in the first few months?

I was more than satisfied months ago about C&C 3.

I'll pass judgement once I play the finished product. Marketing can only do so much you know. ;)

Did you think EA was to cough up everything in the first few months?

Of course not, but a few months ago I was like a fat man stranded on a desert island and needing food. It seemed necessary at the time to get the info at all costs.

It's taken a while to adapt to the way the EA marketing machine works. Not having a decent C&C since Tiberian Sun hasn't helped that by any means. But now I feel I've got what I wanted, and it has satisfied my hunger.

I am one of a few extremely hardcore C&C fans. Not being able to go to that community summit due to other commitments was a hairline short of making me want to cry. That was the summit above all else that I felt the need to attend. Hardcore isn't just about calling yourself JohnWE and making videos of yourself, or showing numerous, huge amounts of merchandise you have. It's passion within the soul that burns above all else.

I'm just looking forward to the GDI and Nod Tattoo's I'll be getting on my chest once a bit of extra cash comes my way. But a new Gaming rig to play C&C 3 on is the first priority. :P

Just a question, what version of the logos will you be getting?

The Classic original versions of course :wink:

I admire your true dedication C&C King but think about how these tattoos will look when your 75 years old :lol:

Dude you have to post up pics once they're done King. lol.. .Should be interesting. :P

You need to get onto apoc/predator (is it stiil supposed to be predator? Iv forgoton about it) and see if they are willing to help out. Might be able to get a donation thing for the cnc community to get your tattoos and have the extra money go to charity or something. get aaron involved so EA get a marketing gimmic and you get free tattoos.

Well now that the Scrin have been officially confirmed... I can now, finally, after waiting patiently, lurking even, add something to this thread...

I'm very unsatisfied (with the Scrin Announcement).

-gben

Gben, why are you unsatisfied? Whats wrong with name Scrin. It was always going to be Scrin, so what's the problem?

The Scrin name doesn't bother me, at least it's better than using an acronym of some sort with a cheesy name lying underneath. But ya never know, the Scrin could actually be S.C.R.I.N. which could stand for:

• Space Creatures Rallying Intergalactic Nations

[*] Socially Corrupted Renegades Initiating Net

[*] Spiritually Conscious Really Ignoramus Nutcases

• And so on. So all I really can say, is be thankful that it is an original name upheld from the Westwood days and not something that doesn't fit.

I was disapointed with the scrin name as i was looking forward to tothe mystery of a new alien race. The C&C has always so many unanswerd questions, and the way they initially described the visitors sounded like this was going to continue. But now because people threw tantrums EA has decided on calling them the Scrin, killing all the mystery asthey are now the same faction the community has talked about for the 6/7 years.

Or are they?! :twisted::o

Err yeah I guess they are actually....

Gben, why are you unsatisfied? Whats wrong with name Scrin. It was always going to be Scrin, so what's the problem?

I'm not unsatisfied with the name... but the process of the annoucement. I though that was the point of thread, the process of information dispersement???

This annoucement was poor PR.

If it was always going to be the Scrin - then there was no need to withhold the name. If it was going to be something else, and EA bowed to community pressure... then that's a big problem.

(I don't personally think this would be true, because all the cutscenes with the actors would be calling them something or other unless all their dialogue has 'aliens' or 'bastards!!!' or whatever.)

The fact that Kane built the 'scrin' ship in Tib Sun, isn't an issue for me. There's no reason why he couldn't have built/adapted it from the blueprints and called it the 'scrin' ship out of homage or whatever... and I agree with King that it's good to have the reference in there regardless of whether they end up altering the original intentions of Westwood for the storyline.

Hopefully C&C3:TW will find a good balance between answering questions (or connecting the dots from previous installments)... and creating new mysterious and open-ended plots for the inevitable expansions and sequel's.

The plot is something that I think EA are treating as seriously as eye-candy. So I'm ever hopeful.

-gben

I'm with Sonic and King on this, I think C&C is looking great, and it has me greatly excited. And like King, getting a new gaming rig is very high priority right now.

Personally, I think the Scrin are gona be awesome. I especially like the fact that you have to beat the Nod and GDI campaigns to unlock the Scrin, that means we'll have at least 2 days after its released before anyone actually knows what the Scrin are up to. Except for Kane, of course :wink:

Yes I'm very happy with the game right now. It's getting really exciting now. I'm dieing for that demo. It's also great that the hypnotists and his podcast. Does he have a new one yet or the video podcast I'm really interested in seeing that. His podcast's are great and give you lots of information keep you up to date. I ussaly just sticked with the EA's Tiberian War Forum ( yes I'm DaveRomino90 thier)..But now since I heard the podcast from here I wanted to join the community.

It's also great that the hypnotists and his podcast. Does he have a new one yet or the video podcast I'm really interested in seeing that. His podcast's are great and give you lots of information keep you up to date.

I'm sure Zee Hypnotist has another podcast in the works. Ii'm sure he planning a big one for C&C 3's releases. As for the video podcast I don't think that worked out to well, not 100% sure, Zee Hypnotist could explain it more I guess.

Yes I'm very happy with the game right now. It's getting really exciting now. I'm dieing for that demo. It's also great that the hypnotists and his podcast. Does he have a new one yet or the video podcast I'm really interested in seeing that. His podcast's are great and give you lots of information keep you up to date. I ussaly just sticked with the EA's Tiberian War Forum ( yes I'm DaveRomino90 thier)..But now since I heard the podcast from here I wanted to join the community.

hey man, great to have ya! Nice to see excited fans and such. Because really, C&C history is being made here :D

Guest Rabbit
It's also great that the hypnotists and his podcast. Does he have a new one yet or the video podcast I'm really interested in seeing that. His podcast's are great and give you lots of information keep you up to date.

I'm sure Zee Hypnotist has another podcast in the works. Ii'm sure he planning a big one for C&C 3's releases. As for the video podcast I don't think that worked out to well, not 100% sure, Zee Hypnotist could explain it more I guess.

Video podcast didn't work for two main reasons.

1. I thought there would be plenty of information saved for us who went to the summit to release.

2. Not enough video feed, screenshots, etc.

However, with the project I'm planning on working on with the essays included in the Kane raffle, I might have something viable for the next one. Just gonna take some time for that, so I might be releasing a non-video one first.