newmodder

Need help W/modding ts

hey guys i'm trying to mod ts, im having some luck w/remaking .shp's & .vxl's. i need to edit some other stuff too :(

im trying to mod ts using the folloing programs:

xcc mixer, etc.

tibed

hva builder

vxl se III

shp builder

sunedit 2k

i need to know if i need anything else to mod it & step by step instructions on how to make everything that i make work in the game. i need to know how to make all of the menus and stuff.

im triying to make a total remake of ts.

There are no step-by-step instructions to do anything. It's all about learning and playing around, figuring things out as you go.

You need to DITCH the interface editors and Notepad for your INI editing. It's the only way to go if you want to really mod the game. Come to think of it, I will not help ANYONE that uses TibEd or SunEdit. It's not worth my time.

Hey I think I can help, you said you had voxels and shps? Send them to me. I can implement them into se2k for ya.

That's the very problem! It takes away all of the THINKING required to mod. If you want to use TibEd, that's fine but I am not helping anyone that lazy. I know this stuff very well and I learned ALL of it with the files and questions when I got stuck on difficult things or ran into a bug I've never seen. Come to think of it, if you're using TibEd or SunEdit, you're not a modder at all.

Well I guess that I'm just a lazy non modder guy who uses Tibed. Lol. I learned how to do modding using Notepad. I just like having a mod done in no time.

I said I was a lazy guy. And I said before I couldn't find squat on the internet about how to mod tiberian sun. I already knew how to mod Generals but that was it. and I had to learn to do generals on my own. when I went to do a mod on tiberian sun I looked in the directory expecting some .big files. I saw a total of like 40 files and none looked like mod files.

You're not looking hard enough. There are plenty of sites devoted to Tiberian Sun modding and the previous two are the big ones. You'll find plenty there.