Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rabbit

January C&C 3 Newsletter

Guest Rabbit

The January C&C 3 Newsletter has been e-mailed to all subscribers. If your not subscribed to receive it click here to read it. It features another message from the Alien Faction for you to decode in the image below.

normal_concept52.jpg

If you can crack the code, you can win a copy of the Kane Edition. Take a look at this thread posted on the Official C&C 3 Forums for details.

Other things mentioned in the newsletter was the announcement of the Be in the Kane Edition Wallpaper Contest, design a C&C 3 wallaper and score yourself a copy of the Kane Edition. If your running your own C&C site, or planning to start one, make sure you grab a copy of the recently released Official Command & Conquer Fansite Kit (161 MB). The Fansite Kit is packed with tons of concept art, packaging, faction logos, fonts, screenshots, wallpapers, and much more, plus exclusive assets never before released.

And to finish things off, there is a new blog written by Lead Balance Designer, Greg Black. In The Art of Balancing he discusses discusses the challenges involved in balancing and optimizing three factions for the ultimate RTS gameplay experience in Command & Conquer 3! This is the first of a series of behind the game feature stories written exclusively by the developers. Click here for more.

And a quick reminder, look out for the relaunch of the Official C&C 3 Site in February.

And one thing you forgot to mention was that newsletter subscribers get an "EXCLUSIVE gift" when the new website launches. If you're not a subscriber, become one! :)

It will be fun trying to decode the message as well...

Yup, and now we have confirmation of the third faction's name, which is indeed, 'Scrin'. :)

Guest Rabbit

Holy ****, you're right!

I just realized that, that's the first time EA has ever used the name Scrin.

Guest Rabbit

They are a playable faction. We saw for ourselves at the summit. There was an Alien campaign we saw, but didn't play for ourselves.

Yay now we can finally put this whole who are the aliens thing to rest :P

Guest Rabbit

Confirmation via PM with Predator confirms it. Scrin is the name.

They are a playable faction. We saw for ourselves at the summit. There was an Alien campaign we saw, but didn't play for ourselves.

I know they're a playable faction. That's my concern though. The Scrin looks interesting and all but it doesn't seem right for them to be a playable faction before the Mutants but that's just me.

Here's how he did it, if you're too lazy to look:

symbolsb60104om7.jpg

decodingb61334zk4.jpg

I'm personally amazed at how that guy solved it...would never have occurred to me to keep on going after the letter-set he found didn't and substitute letters :shock:

Confirmation via PM with Predator confirms it. Scrin is the name.

Kinda figured if EA put it on their big ass official newsletter. ;)

I d/l the kit over the weekend, and enjoyed looking at the stuff. I was hoping for the artwork from the kane edition though... dissapointed it wasn't included.

nice to see you've uploaded it the image gallery already though.

-gben

Yeah I added various images from FSK to the gallery, updated some the existing screen shots as well. I may add some more, not sure yet.

meh, stuff for people who have way to much time on their hands

interesting though, although I'm almost, disapointed in the name choice. Obvious from the ship in TS yes, but wheres that one article talking about the english origin of the word and how it aptly describes the circumstances around the TS ships inception...well you know, all that jazz. :wink: