Sign in to follow this  
SSTG

Coding stuff help

I've been working with Tibed on Ra2 trying out some lazer weapons to add to my troops once I get those shps started on but ran into some problems

1. I've imported a GDI/NOD TS light gunner but I found him smaller than the conscripts and his animation runs too fast like hes on coffee

2. can Tibed use TS animations like the railgun or the ion cannon with out importing them into the RA2 section?

3. I think I may have a solution to this one but if I don't manage to make one can I get a unit to fire one type of weapon at tanks or soldiers and another type at buildings

example like boris

I was preparing to have my hero unit to have a high powered lazer on units with a small missile launcher for buildings

4. is it possible to have paratroops used with troops like sinpers or desilators? I've seen it done just wondering if its possible to use that with tibed

you really need to get off your high horse fen

lol.. Well you know Fyre and moding, perfection only. ;)

you really need to get off your high horse fen

No. I help those willing to actually learn instead of click buttons and dropdown menus.

Guest Rabbit

Well, then, if someone uses TibEd, don't help. Let someone else help for a change instead of thinking you're the only one here. :P

Well, I dunno, the title of the thread is "TibEd and other stuff help"

yea I figured I had to learn coding eventually so Yea I went to reading on it still working on add units though but hopefully once I work that out I'll be sweet to work out the other coding I wanted

I really dont see what all the fuss is about. Tibed is helpful with your newbies on editing. It points out the basic steps about modding. But for many who use the program, they dont understand it cannot go beyond that programming and indeed you must expand to real mod.

Being harsh about modding shouldnt be met with a punch to the face. I to learned on my own the small steps about modding. But I never bit someone's head off for being a "Moron." People back then were just as cruel to me as you are being to him Fyre (Plays a little fiddle).

Ok I've just got the hang of making new units and giving them different weapons now using code though my hero unit needs some work

How can I make him fire a different weapon at buildings and his railgun at tanks and soldiers

Trying to add the rail gun sound to his weapon I found fyres tutorial on this but I can't seem to make the railgun AUD file appear in the sound editor box in XCC

Edit

I think I don't have the right format anyone know how I can change it to the right one

Ok.. I'm rusty but I'll help

Verses = damage value verses various armor types (as percentage of full damage)...

; -vs- None, Flak, Plate //infantry

; Light, Medium, Heavy //units

; Wood, Steel, Concrete //buildings

; Special_1, Special_2

So in this case your two weapons need an ajustment.

Weapon A: to hit armor and buildings

Verses=0%,0%,0%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%

Weapon B: to hit only infanty

Verses=100%,100%,100%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%

As for your format question... not sure what your refering to.

I'm refering to adding sound files to RA2 I heard theres a certain format they need to be to be imported into the XCC sound editor

How can I make him fire a different weapon at buildings and his railgun at tanks and soldiers

Warhead togglers. Set the verses to 0% on structures and the railgun can't hit them. HOWEVER, I recommend against this as railguns are ambient damage weapons. They damage anything it touches and there could be consequences if you fire at something behind a building.

Trying to add the rail gun sound to his weapon I found fyres tutorial on this but I can't seem to make the railgun AUD file appear in the sound editor box in XCC

Needs to be in IMA ADPCM WAV format. This keeps file sizes to a minimum but PCM format WAV files work as well.

any way on converting them to PCX cause I'm stuck on how to paste the pcx wav file using XCC

yep I'm a noob

PCM, not PCX. PCX is an image format.

You have to find the sound you want, right-click and do "Copy as WAV", select PCM and you'll have a WAV from the AUD file. Open the XCC Sound Editor and simply drag-n-drop the file into the window. Hit "OK" and wham, new sound.

Ah got it just had to find where they go they went into XCC/utilites

Has anyone had the problem with the Main mix file in Ra 1 freezing up XCC I been trying to add the sounds of the soviet soldier to my ra2 grenadier but it keeps freezing on me

I found a site with the sounds I wanted so no worries there

Ok I'm building a flame tank but got some coding problem I extracted the TS devil tongue flames but have'nt been able to get them showing up where do I place them in the INIs

also wanting to know how I can put General sounds into RA2 and ways of getting a PAL out of a load screen I've had no luck so far with that