Do Aliens Exist?

Well, do they?  

22 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • I got abducted and anal probed before
    • The only aliens anyone should worry about are illegal aliens!

I believe there must be something out there. Sure the odds may seem remote, but until it's proven that there is no life, I will continue that belief.

Thing you might have missed early last year is This story. Even though it's nothing of Solid proof, it's still something we could dream of.

Anyway guys we have C&C 3, and the newly announced Universe at War on their way this year where aliens will be rampaging through earth. So even if the dream isn't true, we can still kick alien butt. :wink:

Thing you might have missed early last year is This story. Even though it's nothing of Solid proof, it's still something we could dream of.

:alien: **** ****!! They're getting closer!!! They're testing nukes!!!! :scared:

****, we're dumbasses... :no: FIRE THE MISSILES!!!!!!! :nuke:

That's right Tree! Man... I LOVE non-scientists who think that they have the weight of science behind their blind naturalistic atheism. YOU DON'T. You have absolutely no reason to feel superior, and creationism is, if anything, MORE rational.

Rational: consistent with or based on or using reason

Science is something that can be proven. Religion cannot be proven through any experiments that can be done, ie: reasoning.

Oh man... are you SERIOUS? Not only is it logical, but it's probable that, even given a nearly infinite universe, the conditions necessary to replicate life won't EVER happen again. Hell, you can't even convince me that life on earth was an accident! The simple fact is that life is an obscenely complicated thing.

Any mathematician will tell you that there's a point where a possibility is SO remote that it's essentially impossible (ie, will NEVER happen). The odds of even the simplest building blocks of life popping out of chaos pass this threshold by several factors of ten.

Given 4.567 billion years of evolution and whatnot on Earth, and the 13.7 billion years that the universe has been around, the odds get better that it was "random chance" that we were created.

They probably do, but if we haven't found them already, they're probably only bacteria or microscopic organisms. Any civilized species would have picked up the immense amounts of electromagnetic radiation emitted from Earth. And if they were civilized, they would probably destroy us or enslave us. :worried:

So, as far as I'm concerned, the only real aliens that pose a threat to us right now are THE DAMN MEXICANS JUMPIN THE BORDER :hate:

How do we know they aren't less advanced then we are? O_o

If there were, which I don't think there are

anyway, D ftw! :P

They probably do, but if we haven't found them already, they're probably only bacteria or microscopic organisms. Any civilized species would have picked up the immense amounts of electromagnetic radiation emitted from Earth. And if they were civilized, they would probably destroy us or enslave us. :worried:

So, as far as I'm concerned, the only real aliens that pose a threat to us right now are THE DAMN MEXICANS JUMPIN THE BORDER :hate:

Given 4.567 billion years of evolution and whatnot on Earth' date=' and the 13.7 billion years that the universe has been around, the odds get better that it was "random chance" that we were created.[/quote']That "4.57 billion years" of "whatnot" is unprovable. Does that make it an unscientific point of view? It sure doesn't help that you're pulling it out of thin air...

And, as I said VERY clearly, life is so enormously complicated that it CAN NOT, no matter HOW much time is available, assemble itself from chaos. Given the insane odds, no, 13.7 billion years isn't nearly enough time. Refer back to my hurricane in a junkyard example (I think you missed it).

Hell, Louis Pasteur disproved spontaneous generation YEARS ago. But some of you naturalist atheists, blinded by your own religious beliefs, seem all too willing to throw out that known fact of science in favor of your idealized godless universe.

Guest Rabbit

Alright, that tears it, for god's sake BWare, you haven't changed one bit. You're back to your old ways of subliminally or even directly insulting people, and god damn it, we're getting tired of it. I'm tired of getting three PM's per freaking day about how much you need to cut it out.

Sure, you can have some great points, but honestly, you need to know when there is a difference between giving your two cents, and shoving your ideas down people's throats.

Tree isn't giving you any crap. He's talking about what he thinks is right. You're calling him arrogant, you're back to your old ways of saying his ideas are stupid, etc.

I know you came back from a long break recently, but I'm making it three days longer. This crap is unnacceptable. If the admins disagree with my decision, then carry on, but I'm tired of people simply letting you go on with this crap merely because of the fact that you don't swear or truly spam, but what you do makes everyone frustrated with you. I hope you can see that for yourself.

:no:

Given 4.567 billion years of evolution and whatnot on Earth, and the 13.7 billion years that the universe has been around, the odds get better that it was "random chance" that we were created.
Oh really? I thought everything happened by an insanely long "random" chance over a few billion years.

also, I have a question for those who believe in evolution.

how did this universe occur in the first place?

If, and that a big if the earth was formed from many particles gathering in one place and packing around so tightly they created the earth, where did all the particles come from? and where did the object the particles came from come from?

You see, everything has to come from something, or be created; the universe didn't come from nothing, that's impossible. Unless someone created it all.

That's the one thing evolutionists don't have an answer to; they can't hypothesize as to how the earth came to be, but they have no way to explain where the materials making up the earth came from. They weren't there when the universe was created, and therefore have no way to explain any of what I just mentioned.

On the other hand, you could ask me the same thing: where did the person who created the universe come from?

And I believe He has always been there; I have no way to prove that, yes, you are correct. However, I choose to believe that He does exist; it seems much more logical that He created everything than that the universe randomly appeared out of nothing.

Yes, you can say I'm just too weak to face the facts and that because of that I need something to put hope in. Well, I would much rather have something better to live for than dying, wouldn't you?

My 2 cents

First of all, SCIENCE isn't a blanket term that covers both ORIGINS science and OPERATIONS science. You throw it around without actually knowing anything about it here. Operations science is provable in laboratories and has benefited mankind with medicine, television, computers, and all that fun stuff (much of this work accomplished by none other than creationist scientists). Origins science covers the origins of the universe, mankind, and all that. It is inherently unprovable. This is where BOTH evolution and creation lie. BOTH take the data available, SCIENTIFICALLY, and interpret it with different frameworks of reasoning. Your attempt to dismiss creationsim as "religion" is both dishonest and monstrously stupid.

Thank you for your definition of science. Creationism, being the belief that we were created by some supreme being, is fundamentally a religion. A belief in a higher power of a spiritual nature.

That "4.57 billion years" of "whatnot" is unprovable. Does that make it an unscientific point of view? It sure doesn't help that you're pulling it out of thin air...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_Earth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_universe

Yes, I realize that wikipedia is in no way an authoritative source, however references are cited.

And, as I said VERY clearly, life is so enormously complicated that it CAN NOT, no matter HOW much time is available, assemble itself from chaos. Given the insane odds, no, 13.7 billion years isn't nearly enough time. Refer back to my hurricane in a junkyard example (I think you missed it).

Yes, I caught your hurricane analogy as well as your Vista example. I chose not to respond to them, as they're horribly off. A hurricane is not random throwing of objects. If there truly were random throwing raw materials combined with heat at the right places to create welds, certain amounts of force applied to certain parts, and electrical parts handled carefully for over 13 billion years, yes, I'm sure that it would be built. Fueled is another thing, as where would the fuel come from?

Hell, Louis Pasteur disproved spontaneous generation YEARS ago. But some of you naturalist atheists, blinded by your own religious beliefs, seem all too willing to throw out that known fact of science in favor of your idealized godless universe.

Many non-creationist scientists conclude that the Big Bang created the universe. Hardy spontaneous generation. "My own religious beliefs"? Yes, I have certain reasons why I believe people act the way they do, why people believe what they do, and where we actually came from. I am reluctant to give up proven fact to devote my life to fiction.

Oh really? I thought everything happened by an insanely long "random" chance over a few billion years.

Obviously we were created, which is why we're here. By what means were we created? Some supreme being? Or random chance. Take whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

how did this universe occur in the first place?

If, and that a big if the earth was formed from many particles gathering in one place and packing around so tightly they created the earth, where did all the particles come from? and where did the object the particles came from come from?

Something that is still as of yet unproven. However there are speculations.

Something that is still as of yet unproven. However there are speculations.
During the earliest era of the big bang, the universe is believed to have formed a hot, dense plasma. As expansion proceeded, the temperature steadily dropped until a point was reached when atoms could form. At about this time the background energy (in the form of photons) became decoupled from the matter, and was free to travel through space.
What I’m asking, is where that plasma came from? According to science,
The Law of Conservation of Matter states that matter cannot be created or destroyed, only redistributed.
So, if matter can’t be created by natural forces, how did all of the matter in the universe come to be? (Plasma, cells, molecules, atoms, neutrons, anything at all

That "4.57 billion years" of "whatnot" is unprovable. Does that make it an unscientific point of view? It sure doesn't help that you're pulling it out of thin air...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_Earth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_universe

Yes, I realize that wikipedia is in no way an authoritative source, however references are cited.

At Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Scientists dated dinosaur bones using the Carbon dating method. The age they came back with was only a few thousand years old.

This date did not fit the preconceived notion that dinosaurs lived millions of years ago. So what did they do? They threw the results out. And kept their theory that dinosaurs lived "millions of years ago" instead.

This is common practice.

They then use potassium argon, or other methods, and date the fossils again.

They do this many times, using a different dating method each time. The results can be as much as 150 million years different from each other! - how’s that for an "exact" science?

They then pick the date they like best, based upon their preconceived notion of how old their theory says the fossil should be (based upon the Geologic column).

So they start with the assumption that dinosaurs lived millions of years ago, then manipulate the results until they agree with their conclusion.

Their assumptions dictate their conclusions.

So why is it that if the date doesn't fit the theory, they change the facts?

Unbiased science changes the theory to support the facts. They should not change the facts to fit the theory.

I don’t trusting dating by biased scientists more than I can throw a car :roll:

A number of human errors can throw carbon dating off extremely easily

The problem with it is that we haven't been able to measure carbon decay until recently, so we have no way to know whether it has been decaying at the same rate since the beginning or not; therefore, it is extremely inaccurate, and shouldn't be used by scientists to date anything

Of course, they need to be able to twist the results to their liking, so it is still used

no it is very accurate when correct procedures are stuck to. the problem comes when other younger carbon elements get combined with it

well i was bak on page one...before science and religion came into battle...

this is not something that will be figured out in all of your arguements...so...stop arguing science over religion and religion over science and whatever the hell else..

try and be skeptist and relativist about this subject in order to keep options open??? that way its the most fair?

well according to science a bunch of amino acids on proto-earth got struck by lightening or something similar and sparked life....

as for the religious/spiritual explanation for life, the possibilities are endless...so to account for every concept lets keep it non-religious bias (if that makes sense?)

NOW FOR MY OPINION on the origin of life VOID SCIENCE...

life is a cycle, and everything has a cause and effect, each action a reason...but not just yet FATE...for the most part we will never know until the moment we meet our demise, if in fact it is our material/spiritual demise...

i would ask that in most fairness towards life and existence, we all try and persue a spiritual/philosophical path of skepticism...

one thing i can say for sure is that TIME is the most undeniable concept yet the least materialistically substancial

STOP WITH HUGE QUOTES...STATE YOUR MIND[/b]

redas, this isn't science vs. religion, or i wouldn't be arguing about it; rather, it is creationism vs. evolution. Can you tell me where that lightning bolt came from?

@Alpha, age isn't an issue here; all carbon was formed at the beginning. It's the rate of decay that makes that method obsolete. If it weren't for that, the method could be accurate, but unfortunately, we don't know, so it can't be trusted.

Guest Rabbit

Haha, red, we're trying to have a debate here. We can still state our minds, but we're discussing each other's opinions as well. Please respect that.

@redas, if you think these posts are big, you haven't seen anything :haha:

No, seriously... :shock:

f15 ive been in these forums for a while, ive seen bigger...and even been a victim of bigger..

well my last post i was drunk and didnt feel like making a consistent arguement lol...

as for creationism vs. evolution..like i said in my last post im skeptic..

i dont think ill ever make a claim on what is true and what is not because they both have good arguements...

>>that lightening bolt came from water molecules creating an electric charge..

>>but also that bolt hitting a puddle of amino acids could be more than chance, more than science..

I don't really know... All I worry about are the chinese aliens in my country... I mean, hell, they don't understand sh**, only chinese, so damn, all our politicians care about is fu***ng mid-term elections...

f15 ive been in these forums for a while, ive seen bigger...and even been a victim of bigger..

well my last post i was drunk and didnt feel like making a consistent arguement lol...

as for creationism vs. evolution..like i said in my last post im skeptic..

i dont think ill ever make a claim on what is true and what is not because they both have good arguements...

>>that lightening bolt came from water molecules creating an electric charge..

>>but also that bolt hitting a puddle of amino acids could be more than chance, more than science..

where did the water molecules come from? where did the amino acids come from? I'm not asking what they're made of, I'm asking where did they come from

I haven't read the responses so I may be a bit repetitive in saying this.

But.

Earth, a microscopic part of this galaxy, which is a microscopic part of the universe, which though infinite is possibly one of an infinite number of things ....

So we, a tiny part of in one of an infinite amount of infinate things ... we cannot be the only ones.

people, you are getting to my point...that we really do not know, so we must assume the probably..

but also expect the unexpected, so then comes the reassuring hope from the unpredictability of the universe