Sign in to follow this  
Zombieguy

How to aim/shoot well?

I am no n00b. I fight like a tiger but I see so many elite players who can shoot real well.

Snipers, Sakuras, Havocs, Deadeyes...these players can shoot accurately and instantly and kill their enemies with one shot. How do they do that?

What am I missing here? How do I improve my aiming skills? How do I protect myself and fight during close combat?

Please tell me everything about jumping and straffing and so on.

Guest Auronguardian

The only real tactic is practice. Keep playing games and hone your skills. There is no "right" or "wrong" tactic... unless it is to throw yourself at the enemy with a pistol

Well, first off, don't use the arrow keys, use W, A, S, and D. They allow you to strafe. And, second, PRACTICE!!! There really isn't much else to say. :P

And the reason you die in one shot is because they blew your brains out.

Gotcha. So the main most thing is practice...I see.

I am using the WASD keys and not the arrows. But I will do what you both guys say. Let me get back to you all on my experiences after a day or two. :)

In the mean time, please provide anymore tips if you can! Thanks!

Guest Rabbit
Well, first off, don't use the arrow keys, use W, A, S, and D. They allow you to strafe.

I have never in my life heard of anyone using the arrow keys in an fps. :haha:

Well, all I can say is that I sucked real bad when i first played Renegade. :oops:

Well, all I can say is that I sucked real bad when i first played Renegade. :oops:

WELL! That's it then! I got Renegade the first time in my 20 year old life just a week and a half ago!

So, that's why I am having some "shooting problems." OK...it gives me hope that while I have a long way to go, I will eventually become close to perfect.

Guest Auronguardian

People who use the arrow keys are like Mac gamers:

Very rare, and those who are arent very good.

using w,a,s,and D help....but i found the key is to be sporatic in your movement..be very random an unpredictable to avoid being shot...and dont just strafe back and forth because if you occupy the same space they can keep the cursor in the same spot and eventually kill you easily just by reflex

but more importantly aim better...stay focused and dont get anxious

other than that manage the character you pick according to how much money you have..

if ur starting snping. a good trick for beginners is to jump as they shoot. when press A and D a lot movign around sporadically, but when u make the shot, jump so if u do hit them, i hit them in the head and a 1 shot kill.

but i dont snipe often. i start with a flamer or grenadier rush just to get my credits rolling in the beginning, then go straight for tanks or engies for support. flamer on a building actually brings in the credits quite well, u can get like 200 and it'll barely take damage

Nice! I did what you all told me yeaterday night.

I was very sporadic with my movement (I still panicked) and got two kills on the Under map.

On the Hourglass map last night, I was a SBH and on the tunnels opposite the base. A mere GDI soldier killed me. I was shooting at him too and he was also losing health like water BUT I died. I figured he was shooting my head while I was shooting his stomach! So he killed me.

So, head/neck shots sap more health off?

Yes, it does double the damage as a normal shot to the stomach. :shot:

Oh, you'd be amazed how fast a chaingun takes down your health if you stand still and let them hit your head :o Can you say 2 second death?

Anyway, to the tips:

[*]Press F to get in the third person; ALWAYS SNIPE IN THIRD PERSON

[*]Now, since you're in third person, you can go up to a wall on maps like Islands, and if you're near the edge, turn around to see the other end; here's a pic:

snipinghelpnd6.png

I'll post more later :wink:

Hm... Yes, headshots are effective... And third-person view is also better... But when you snipe, there are 2 other things you need to know. One is patience. Wait for the perfect shot. Another is the C4s are not just weapons of mass destruction, but also weapons of mass DISTRACTIONS. Also, if enabled. use a Stealth Nod Black Hand and get a sniper rifle. It makes any spot a good hiding place, though cover is still necessary.

and for pete's sake, don't run in front of someone with an sbh...they WILL see you :roll:

also, as an sbh you should be more defensive than offensive...remain distant and alert to enemies...and make sure u dont have an asshole teammate blowing your cover

are you kidding? you need to be careful when an sbh (i.e. stay behind people, follow at a distance), but sbh's are great for taking out pics and havocs :wink:

what i meant was like if a flamer comes around u keep ur distance...but yes its really good for taking out snipers

Especially on the islands map. Be a SBH with a nuke and walk up to the side of the barracks. INSTANT DEATH!!! :wink:

Most servers have it so you con only see your teammates, you should know that. :P

I may not play as often as I once did. In fact I used to play religiously. But I can give you one important, vital tip that you must follow when playing Renegade.

If you see me on a server, get out or die! With me on it you will die and your team will suffer an inconceivable loss. I work alone, and don't fight alongside my team. I will be fighting for the top spot and I will do anything I need to get there.

I am a master of stealth and demolition. :wink:

Nice. The 3rd person view is just amazing! It took me a while to get used to but I think I got the hang of it. You really can see and shoot well!

As for the SBH, I hate these freaks (though I am Nod most of the time). Well, they are awesome in the hands of good players and on map where there are no base defenses.

If you see me on a server, get out or die! With me on it you will die and your team will suffer an inconceivable loss.

Ok, I get the message. I do encounter some really good hotshots once in a while.

SPECIAL UPDATE: After playing so many multiplayer games, I have a new friend!!! He plays real good and we are natural teammates. It's nice to find someone you can work with and more importantly, trust. I love Renegade!