Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

C&C 3 & The Road to World Cyber Games 2007

Our community manager, Predator, sent out the following e-mail today. Its a community wide petition to get Command & Conquer 3 entered officially in to the World Cyber Games 2007.

Hey everyone,

So, we are in pursuit to see Command & Conquer 3 entered officially in to the World Cyber Games 2007! Yes that is right, its time for C&C to step up to the plate and be placed alongside the other great established competitive RTS games that have gone in to WCG, CGS, etc. We want to make our mark on the competitive RTS landscape, and need YOUR HELP, THIS COMMUNITY, in order to get there.

The Command & Conquer community deserves this recognition and with the way C&C 3 Tiberium Wars is shaping up, it is prime for the perfect first entry ever for C&C! As one of the most active RTS and PC gaming community’s period, I am asking you to help us in this journey to get in to WCG 2007!

I have started an official petition thread on our message boards which is 13+ pages strong right now and believe me, EVERY signature counts. This community can make a difference.

If you could please drive your communities to sign the thread, assuming they support and are not coerced, that would be extremely appreciated.

Go here: http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?t...=0&tstart=0

And sign.

And keep your fingers crossed, this may be our time!

Thanks,

Predator

So show your support, sign the petition located here.

What is the World Cyber Games 2007? I'd look it up but, I'm thinking others wont' know either... Well I hope so anyway. :P

hmm was that the thing that was held hereon the gold coast last year? I vaugely remembering something on the news about it

Personally, I won't reccomend anything I haven't played yet.

but this reminds me of a dumb idea I've had - and that I have been meaning to goad and harass Sonic/King into doing - hosting a C&C tournament for registered CNCNZ users! Sorta C&C decathalon where we play every game and see who's the best overall C&C player (and of course best genre players and other custom awards/ranks!)

I have no idea how to do this which was why I never mentioned it. I guess taking a screenshot of the aftergame scores would be a start (like the clan site)... but I realise there's more to it than that!

Anyway if there's interest, we should probably brainstorm ideas in another thread...

-gben

I would do it but i dont know if sonic would be too keen as we tried it before i think.

.... ah but you didn't have me last time :wink:

But if we tried it before that's good news, we don't have start from the ground up, we can learn from mistakes and improve whatever system we had before.

At the very least, we can have an informal/friendly tournament... where we select from a registry list people interested in some classic c&c online games, then PM to schedule... just keep track of the scores and away we go.

-gben

are you going to sign,sonic?

To be honest I don't care if C&C 3 gets included in the WCG. Plus to sign it I would have to register on EA's horrible forums that load really slow and don't display correctly in Firefox.

The question is would having C&C 3 gets included in the WCG increase sales? NO.

this reminds me of a dumb idea I've had - and that I have been meaning to goad and harass Sonic/King into doing - hosting a C&C tournament for registered CNCNZ users! Sorta C&C decathalon where we play every game and see who's the best overall C&C player (and of course best genre players and other custom awards/ranks!)

We have tried this sort of thing on many occasions in the past, everyone gets all excited, plans get made but no games get played. Then the idea simply dies out.....

Maybe we should organize something once C&C 3 is released.

I plan on at least trying C&C 3 online, I guarantee I'll be cleaned up in a matter of minutes but at least the game will awesome while my ass is being kicked :haha:

I plan on at least trying C&C 3 online, I guarantee I'll be cleaned up in a matter of minutes but at least the game will awesome while my ass is being kicked :haha:

Completely off topic here, but I was round friends house last night playing RA2 online. I thought I'd test this Fast, fluid, fun concept of rushing the hell out of my opponent.

So using everything that I had learnt in Dawn of War online, Playing the game at what seemed uber speed. I managed to build a base within 10 minutes, within 15, the nuke was ready and within 23 minutes I mopped the base up and finished the game.

Yes it was fast, yes it was fluid, but **** me it was underwhelmingly boring and pointlessly crap. All may be different in C&C 3, but I was totally unsatisfied by the speed that game was over. I felt no sense of achievement in my harvester/tank spamfest.

I'm going back round there tonight for a few beers and I'm gonna have a couple more games. See if I can understand the selling point which is Fast, fluid, and well (with a pinch of salt) fun. :roll: :roll:

well i think the key to fast and fluid gameplay is that all players should be relatively equal in skill, therefore it will go beyond who makes the first offensive and into STRATEGY

anyways im not going to sign this thingy..

and as for CNCNZ gaming, ill renegade just tell me the time in NY to be in what server....and ill be GLAD...

though the time difference may cause trouble for me due to work..ill do RA2 or renegade

Well we should definetly try a cncnz comp with C&C3 and see what all the hoohar is about... people getting C&CGold with their copy will probably bring some interest in that game... so I'm hopeful and painfully naive.

RA2. 15mins is PAR for the course King with DEEZIRE Brutal AI. But I always prefer my 40min slugfests anyway...

-gben

haha i stick with medium enemy when i play YR with deeZire..for now at least it should be fun when i crank it up...

but yea if there is a CNC3 CNCNZ game i am not sure i will be able to participate..

i don't know if i will have my new computer by then..i should though