Sign in to follow this  
Mario

Tesla Coils

ive often wondered how do the rings around the coils stay up they dont seem to be attached to anything

magnetism? either that or they just didnt bother putting that much detail nito them.

so little that we cant see them? :lol:

Guest Rabbit
magnetism? either that or they just didnt bother putting that much detail nito them.

Magnetism is the most viable answer. The coils need to be powered, but if the rings are magnetized, the fact that they are circled around a main rod probably adds power.

Guest debylni

Maybe its magnetism cuz coils in electric circuit, it makes elmag.(electromagnetic) field so maybe its true....

but why dont ask westwood studios?

I said, LITTLE SOVIET PIXIES DAMMIT! :D

But yeah, Pixies. ^_^

This is Red Alert we are talking about... since when does anything have to be practical?

I mean, if you're going to ask about gravity defying rings, why not also ask how a lightning bolt can shoot sideways a hundred feet without grounding out first?

Or why there are so few coils around it when there ought to be many times more than that?

Or how a tremendously high voltage bolt can do so much damage to a metal tank when it should actually have a 'skinning effect'?

Or how the bolt knows which target it is supposed to hit, also without splitting into several bolts?

Or how an enemy tesla trooper, tank, or coil can cause damage to it while a friendly trooper can power it up?

If you play in the Red Alert universe, you must discard your sense of reason upon inserting the disk.

However, if an answer is still needed, I think the pixie theory is plausable. Invisible Soviet pixies with electric immunity.

Guest debylni
I said, LITTLE SOVIET PIXIES DAMMIT! :D

But yeah, Pixies. ^_^

U mean pixies like this one?post-5269-1215167255_thumb.gif

^^ EXACTLY! THANK YOU.

^_^

Guest debylni
^^ EXACTLY! THANK YOU.

^_^

U r strange...

U mean pixies like this one?post-5269-1215167255_thumb.gif

Erm... If we be more scientific, it's electromagnetic field, powered by a very, very high voltage and if you watched too much james bond firm, you might think that such high electromagnetic should deflect bullets making the tesla coil invincible. But the main thing is bullets are made out of lead so... No.

Edited by N00bism

Erm... If we be more scientific

Why would you do that? I thought I already pointed out the futility of scientifically explaining Red Alert...

Well, alright then, I guess I will have to go further on this.

Tesla coils function with an electrical input into a coil of wire or solid metal bar, put in proximity of another set of coils, which than cause a change in your voltage dependant on the original voltage and number of coils used in both sets. We'll say the Tesla Coil input is 480 volts as is a pretty standard power plant output, we know the second coil set is three, and the discharge flies a nice distance of which I'll say is 100 feet. Using these facts, we must assume the inner column of the tower has around 66,000 turns. This would, in reality, actually be a fairly efficient Tesla coil, however, one major fault...

The three coils are not coils, they are floating rings. Therein, the entire structure has become impossible.

Floating rings = not Tesla coil = impossible = Red Alert technology.

I shall say it once more just to clarify,

If you play in the Red Alert universe, you must discard your sense of reason upon inserting the disk.

(I should make that my signature, what do you think?) :lol:

Why would you do that? I thought I already pointed out the futility of scientifically explaining Red Alert...

Tesla coils function with an electrical input into a coil of wire or solid metal bar, put in proximity of another set of coils, which than cause a change in your voltage dependant on the original voltage and number of coils used in both sets. We'll say the Tesla Coil input is 480 volts as is a pretty standard power plant output, we know the second coil set is three, and the discharge flies a nice distance of which I'll say is 100 feet. Using these facts, we must assume the inner column of the tower has around 66,000 turns. This would, in reality, actually be a fairly efficient Tesla coil, however, one major fault...

The three coils are not coils, they are floating rings. Therein, the entire structure has become impossible.

Hmm... Maybe Zee should make a lego series about tesla coil theory with 2 legoman quarreling about pixies(and use the stalin pixie pic) and electromagnetic field until the 3rd guy came with some other weird fact.

Edited by N00bism

Guest debylni

But if he use my pixie called "Stalin", Russia get angry :lol: (i mean: this lego story about our TC theory can maybe start WW3 :unsure: )

But if he use my pixie called "Stalin", Russia get angry :lol: (i mean: this lego story about our TC theory can maybe start WW3 :unsure: )

Pixie Stalin may make some Russian angry but TC theory does start a WW3?

Guest debylni

I mean: our TC theory+soviet pixie=angry russians=nuclear attack on Zee Hypnotist=disaster=USA´s revenge=WW3

and if Zee Hypnotist make it in his parody style.... pls save me.....

I mean: our TC theory+soviet pixie=angry russians=nuclear attack on Zee Hypnotist=disaster=USA´s revenge=WW3

and if Zee Hypnotist make it in his parody style.... pls save me.....

Woah.. Chill... Sounds a bit paranoid.

Guest debylni
Woah.. Chill... Sounds a bit paranoid.

no, its not paranoya, its theorem

Wow. Not only WW3, but RA3 with even more weird technology!

Eternity machine!

Something from absforums.com:

PAGE CLAIM!

Edited by Trollmurder

Guest debylni

maybe they are not floating rings its maybe primary coil

cuz i know the strucrure of evry tesla coil (they are same)

so: first of all u need battery (9V for example) or 220V input. if u dont want to kill someone use a transformer ( from 220V to 10000V but only 30mA). then sparking gap (or how its called). and CAPACITOR!!!(maybe 50V) . SG (parking gap) works like switch. then it continues into a primary coil. there r many theorems about primary and secondary coils (i mean how many turns u need and how heavy must the wire be). thats all. but as Nmenth says:If you play in the Red Alert universe, you must discard your sense of reason upon inserting the disk.

Guest debylni

post-5269-1219514076_thumb.gif

post-5269-1219514093_thumb.jpg

Hehe

genious. Show me a picture of a real tesla coil

Run a search on YouTube to find plenty of clips showing real Tesla coils in action.

One of my favorites:

The deadly base defense Tesla coils portrayed in the Red Alert world, are however, not realistic by so many standards. Tesla coils are not used as weapons in the real world.