Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rabbit

Where Were You 2 Years Ago?

Guest Rabbit

2 Years ago, I didn't know any of you, anything about this site, hell, anything about command and conquer other than the fact that you could play it.

I can truly say it's amazing how things change over the years, as the time rolls by. I feel like I've been here for several years now, although it's been very few. I remember just two years ago, I was a general n00b, and I put emphasis on the 0's. It's amazing to think about the beginning. My first post, being "I GOT TO TEST RA3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" somehow led to this most recent post, literally making fun of it. Meat Puppet Rebellion, sound familiar?

Well, I'm glad to express how thing have turned out since then. Luckily, I cleaned up my act, and, heck, the past two years have been a brilliant experience for me. Based on this site alone, I have learned literally 90% of what I know of the internet. I mean, jeez, I was such a noob when I first came here, I didn't even know how to operate a simple image site such as photobucket. I didn't know how to create screenshots, or photoshop... heck, I knew nothing of modding, to be honest, the initial reason I got linked to this site was cause I was looking for ways to cheat on Red Alert 2 (Yeah, ya didn't know that now, did ya?).

Anyway, what I'm getting to, is, it's amazing how things change in such a short period of time. First, I'm a basic n00b. I'm a random idiot, heck, you could even compare me to Louis Ex on certain levels when I first joined this place. I never would have expected to become a moderator, much less a friggin tertiary webmaster on this site. I mean, seriously, where the hell did that come from?

I am finding it difficult, yet very much of an honour to express the joy and happiness I feel for this site. I wouldn't be where I am today without a select majority of you, because very many of you attributed to me staying here. Fenring helped me get over a depressional stage, Acerz helped me aspire for larger things, C&C King made a great friend, TSBO kept me down to earth, and Sonic flipped the switch to my opportunities on this site. Luk3us kept the laid back feeling, Tree, in a sense, helped keep the maturity, and BWare taught me who to stay away from on the internet....

For that, I thank you all.

Now, tell me, how have YOU changed in the past two years? :)

Yeah, I know, yet another emotion-filled post.

Let see, 2 year ago. I was wondering if we would be getting another C&C after the snore fest called C&C Generals.

Two years ago, I completed my completed the ini part of my TS remake mod. :D

Hmm. I think 2 years ago I was:

*editing INI files to RA2YR and TS just to have some fun

*battling it out on a server C&C TD, TS, RA2 games against family and friends.

*doing the Generals Challenge on ZH.

*And getting out of High School so I could go to college.

two years ago...hmm..

really don't have much to say for myself...

got my ear pierced..

sad isn't it

2 years ago hahaha yeah.

I was doing stuff. Not gonna say what it is but I was doing stuff. No it ain't drugs.... But damn it's been that long already, crikey. Might have to do it again! :P

2 years ago....I had discovered this site but weeded myself out of joining the forums due to an urge of joining another site [lol, bad mistake there]. Anyhoo, the only reason I came here in the first place back then was because I wanted to find mods for RA2 and Renegade. Sadly, I didn't find any of the sort that I liked so I got that vid Honour and just fell in love with Nod all over again. It was also the year that my mother died. Sad at thirteen aint it?

2 years ago, I didn't even know C&C existed *gasp* and *shudders* I didn't have my own computer and *spine tingles* I had dial-up now I know how awesome C&C is, I play more games than rollercoaster tycon and got addicted to and broke my addiction to a little game called Conquer Online 2 some pretty big ups and downs

2 years ago... I was working a bit on a BfME editor, and TibEd 2 didn't have its Python backend yet. Jan/Feb '05 was one of my more active C&C periods in the past years, although I had to cancel the BfME editor after just one public release.

A similar thing was around The First Decade/Empire at War (Feb-Apr '06). Since December 2006 I've been regularly checking C&C sites again. Hmm, don't ask me where I'll be in 2 years. 8)

2 years ago I was still somewhat new to CNCNZ, but rapidly rising (post count wise anyway :wink: )

Just getting into modding, and never going very far from there, although I did learn a hell of a lot about it, and computers in general.

I remember before joining here I had been watching the news here every now and then and reading some of the more interesting forum threads, and one day in Dec 04 I decided to join.

Voila, here I am, with no mention whatsoever in Zee Hypnotist's post ( :wink: jk)

2 years ago, I was new to cncnz.com, experimenting with .ini RA2 modding. I was also beginning playing C&C online. Made friends here, played with acerz, fen and cygnus a few times in ra2, then started Zero Hour Online. Then I met madbadger and tsbo and from there, the online competitiveness and desire to be a C&C master. It was playing with madbadger, getting owned by him and tsbo, watching tsbo get owned by badger, joining TSBO's GDI clan for zero hour that triggered everything.

I took over GDI clan by force :wink: (since tsbo doesnt want it to be a serious clan), started it in Empire at War to gain experience on how a clan runs. Then I developed it even more, now we have a website www.gdi-clan.net (website still needs a template and content), a forums and a teamspeak server. (Reserved for GDI members and certain select cncnz members) My vision is to be a large clan, with lots of members, spanning several games, and with a good reputation of being an honorable clan that doesnt trashtalk, and plays the best. 1 vision 1 purpose. To expand GDI, and destroy Kane! :lol:

Best of all, we have the support of CNCNZ, as you will see in the forums in the upcoming days :D

From being a noob in the world of C&C 3 to an experienced C&C online veteran in 2 years and leading a clan....pretty good stuff

I was living in Cali with my aunt and uncle, then i moved back home in august. A year ago that i was in boot camp, now im living on my own.

lol, apparantly king was enjoying posting in locked topics :P

Lets see...this was 2 months before I registered here, and I had all the cnc games except for the original, and ts

Funny thing is, before I came here, I didn't even know about the entity known as a forum :haha:

Apparently, I couldn't spell worth a **** at first either, though my spelling got much better within a week of joining :P

Two years ago I think I was trying, and failing, at making maps. But my experience at FreeWebs eventually led me to my job as a freelance PHP programmer. I may have been holding weekly contests as well.