Sign in to follow this  
}}E-F{{*GEN*Ronin

Tibed 2 and C&C Generals (First Decade)

I used to own the original generals and tibed2 worked like a charm. However i lost the cd's and bought the first decade. Now no matter what I mod I can't get the changes to take effect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, Generals TFD is broken. They updated Generals.exe for the new copy protection, and now "-mod" will no longer work.

I think it is safe to say that this is very low on EA's priority list to fix, as it has existed for 13 months and is known about for 11 months. I left news about it on the frontpage of TibEd.net for 8 months, but that didn't help.

If you want to have some fun, read TibEd.net frontpage news about the C&C3 mod SDK. It took EA about 24 hours to respond to my article. Go figure, it's all about PR :roll:

If you manage to contact me by mail (through here), maybe I can help you on an individual basis.

I got TFD as well and I could mod with Tibed just fine, althought a few files (gamedata.ini) had to be done manually.

You can mod Zero Hour just fine - but Generals really is broken - at least on my PC it is. Does the -mod/-window/etc switch work on your machine?

I am still able to use the mods... and what I do is just drag the mod file to the .exe game file. And it loads it up. This is with both generals and ZH

I got TFD as well and I could mod with Tibed just fine, althought a few files (gamedata.ini) had to be done manually.

what all are you still able to edit with tibed?

TibEd 2 can edit:

- original C&C Generals, original Zero Hour

- The First Decade Zero Hour

The following is buggy:

- The First Decade Generals does not accept mods, unless you install the illegal NoCD of the original Generals

EA isn't going to fix it. And I cannot distribute the NoCD. So the only solution is if you fix it yourself (by installing said thing).