Sign in to follow this  
Koen

Some 'fanmail'

Look what I got in my mailbox this morning:

why do you want people to buy this program are you just to cheap to give it out for free.

that just shows that you dont give a Sh*t about people downloading and trying to have a little bit more fun with this.

thanks for your time

if you get this email me back

thanks Jake

And 5 minutes later:

do you know of any other editor like yours for free the complete version

So I felt the need to reply:

Hello Jake,

I find your e-mail very offensive. It doesn't show any kind of respect for the work I've done on TibEd.

If you were to just download and use TibEd, you'd find that it has the same features as the full version, and for the first 30 days there is no start-up delay, just a few popup boxes. After 30 days, you have to wait 10 seconds at startup before you can use it. If you can't afford it, you don't have to buy it. I have to pay to put the website up with no advertisements - ever think of that?

You're asking - are there any other editors? No. Others can't be bothered to invest that much time in it or just don't have the programming skills. You could always use WordPad of course, which is perfect for the job.

If you think I don't give a **** - well it's people like you who make me question why I'm still working on it. The income doesn't cover the time I've spend on making it and it's supposed to be fun.

Koen van de Sande

Van de Sande Productions

http://www.tibed.net

Did you really get this in your mail??

Man, what a jerk.

We should all be atleast grateful that you take the time to build tibed and tibed 2.

And those kind of guys should simply get the **** out of here.

But that's just me.

that kid is must have some kind of mental problems or somthing

Guest Joeb7919

He wasnt held enough when he was a baby.

Koen don't let people like that get to you. I guarantee 99.99% of people who use tibed 1 and 2 understand it is time consuming and you dont have to do it, but you do anyway. Just to be a nice guy. So we all appreciate what you are doing. Keep up the good work.

Maybe just a little faster :D

I am just kidding

I would rather have you take your time and do it right, than rush and have to patch and patch and patch.

It is easier to destroy than to create.

If you can make a editor like Tibed, by gum, go ahead.

Its these kind of guys that don't have any idea what Tibed is all about and think they can just go ahead with anything. And that isn't always good...

Or simply put: That guy is a *******.

Guest Spydr331

Hey, some people arent grateful, nothing else that can be said on that. i mean you make a program that is freakin awsome, you give a person a full month to use it with no obligations, what more can you do? nothing is free, and even the free things cost money.

one more thing

what do you mean that after 30 days you have to wait 10 seconds to start up? i am not even in double digits with my TibEd that i downloaded so i dont know what is going on... please elaborate

<thumbs up>

Guest callum

Can't you like ban these kind of people or something.

What a weirdo.

And by the way Koen where do you come from? Because the name sounds Dutch :shock:

If that jerk shows up here on the forum we could kick him out but I don't know if he is here.

And Koen is indeed from the Netherlands and so am I by the way.

Guest Bungle

Hey I dont know who that guy was but he sounds like a total jerk.

I am a total newb when it comes to editing any games (apart from Worms Armageddon, the makers of the Fiddler revived my love of the game!) and TibEd has been nothing but wonderfully helpful. Ive used it for only a few days on this laptop. But after the 30 days a 10 second wait isnt really that bad. But to be honest I wouldnt actually mind paying after I cover the immediate debts I have (being a student, and just turned 18... bought this laptop on credit... owe £900 left for it... and about another £200 to various other things... but not all is immediate) Just wondering what real payment methods you support, I mean do you have some way for someone using a SOLO debit card? If not would you accept something like a £20 Amazon Gift voucher? :P But hey if debit or cheques are accepted lemme know and Ill gladly try getting around to getting some cash raised to buy a full version :) I figure I may as well as I was one of few people in my area who actually bothere BUYING RA2 and YR :P

Keep up the good work, your editor shows its able to accomodate new games and so you are surely onto a decent future project :) something that can handle all of the C&C's (Except Renegade... but cmon thats not really the same :P )

Your work rocks :)

Guest callum

Thierry en Koen waar komen jullie dan vandaan :?:

Ik kom uit Zuid-Holland, namelijk Zoetermeer.

Ik weet niet waar Koen woont.

En nou ik toch bezig ben... Waar kom jij vandaan?

Koen woont bij mij op de straat. :wink:

Nou ja, niet precies... De aangrenzende straat.

He wasnt held enough when he was a baby.

quote]

He was held plenty. Unfortunately his parents had greasy fingers each time and "Whoops, there goes baby!"

Please people, ease up on the languages most people here don't understand. I get paranoid your talking about me behind my back. Or atleast I would if I saw my name in there. Uh-oh, now I've just realised that you could describe me as "clown" or "nutty conquerer" or even "guy with the complex". Death glares the unfamiliar language.

OK, a little follow-up on this: I got a sort of excuse after my reply, but in the same mail he asked if he could get TibEd for free because he hasn't got any money, lives with his grandmother, etc. I'm thinking he can't read (or maybe I'm not being very clear).

Anyways, everyone: I suggest redownloading TibEd 2, I've just released alpha 11 (sort of, anyway). It's got some of the things you've been waiting for, but not everything has been tested properly. New:

- Clone Weapon and Clone Object (yes, that's units). Just make sure to enter a unique name, if you don't you have to fix it by hand, TibEd doesn't check

- CommandSets and CommandButtons editing

- Mod Selector can ignore game version

- New edit component (which appears the same right now, but I wrote it from scratch and it can do nice buttons, see CommandButtons->SpecialPower property. Buttons don't do anything yet).

Koen, how does that clone object/weapon work?

I know how can you get it but nothing shows up or anything...

Cause when I right-click on a unit/weapon to clone it, nothing happens...

Well. It should show a dialog box, where you can enter the ID for the new cloned object, and then all editwindows close. After that you should be able to find it under /..../ID_you_entered...

But there could be some problems with it so let me know if this works.

Well, I've done everything: (right-click and then Clone weapon/object and then nothing happens.

I've got an image but how do you insert it, ( How do you work that image tag)[/img]

You use [ img ] by putting the URL between it and the closing tag [ / img ].

Make sure you have at least build 44... and for ZH editing working, build 46. I've made a mess out of alpha 11 numbering ;)