Sign in to follow this  
michu85

Special TD Buildings in TibEd

I've just installed TibEd and there is no possibility to change the settings of Bio-Research, Hospital or Tech Center. How can I do that? And second question: how can I change the prerequisites? For example, I want to add the Bio-Research sidebar icon and make it a prerequisite to train Chem Warrior.

The truth is, TibEd's TD support is plain crappy...

I made an editor for it myself (from a savegame editor), which can edit loads more. It's a DOS program, so no mouse support, but if you really want to edit more stuff, you may like it :)

cncworld.org/downloads/index.php?act=view&id=276

You WILL need to read the readme file when changing things like ownership, weapons or prerequisites of a unit/building though. Since it's actually a savegame editor, UGE can't generate choice lists, and just shows everything as the bare internal values.

The full way to handle these values is described in detail in the readme file, but I included a file called 'tables.txt' as quick reference sheet for the values themselves.

I just wish Koen would add all this information in TibEd...

Very nice tool :) But there is still one thing i want to change - missing sidebar graphics, Hospital, Bio Lab, Mobile HQ (nice avatar, its exactly that what i mean;)

oh... well, that's part of an icon pack I made some time ago, from released renders. I should really see which ones are missing in C&C and make a complete pack, yes.

icons.png

Note that I don't actually use the helipad icon on this one because it shows a Nod helicopter. I also have an icon of the repair bay as it was shown in the DOS manual, with a Nod logo on it which I also don't use. Would be fun if you could make different icons for the 2 sides...

The Ion Cannon one totally rocks the original though, and I have NO idea why they used the crappy icon that's ingame when they had this render. I mean, they actually DREW ON the beam afterwards on that one.. and if that wasn't enough, they drew it in the wrong place. They let it shoot out of the side container thing instead of the main satellite body.

Anyway, I'll upload & link em ASAP ;)

nice icons, thanx:) i've found hospital and bio-lab icons in chuck's CC in RA mod :

http://ra.afraid.org:90/archive/mods/ccra.zip

but i have a problem with palettes. these icons are in one RA1 palette. i converted them with Paint Shop to temperate palette from CC and they look good, but they look awful in desert palette. and when i convert them to desert, they look awful in temperate.

im trying to make a mod in which nod will be able to build bio-lab, and that will allow them to build chem-warriors and visceroids. is it possible to make bio-lab a visceroid factory? it would look awful when they arrive at the front of hand of nod or when the plane would transport visceroids to the airstrip.

if making bio-lab a factory will be impossible, i will try to make chem-tank. a nod vehicile, with single 120mmAP cannon and chem spray. but it may cause some problems, because these weapons have different ranges.

nice icons, thanx:) i've found hospital and bio-lab icons in chuck's CC in RA mod :

http://ra.afraid.org:90/archive/mods/ccra.zip

Hm... but if I recall correctly, that bio lab icon sucks :P

...like most of the mod's graphics tbh... so many conversion errors. I've been planning to re-make all graphics in it for ages, but never got around to doing it.

The hospital icon is quite nice though :)

but i have a problem with palettes. these icons are in one RA1 palette. i converted them with Paint Shop to temperate palette from CC and they look good, but they look awful in desert palette. and when i convert them to desert, they look awful in temperate.

Uh, how is that a problem? You need separate icons for all theatres anyway, so that doesn't matter. Rename the desert SHP file to bioicnh.des, and the temperate/winter one to bioicnh.tem and bioicnh.win

im trying to make a mod in which nod will be able to build bio-lab, and that will allow them to build chem-warriors and visceroids. is it possible to make bio-lab a visceroid factory? it would look awful when they arrive at the front of hand of nod or when the plane would transport visceroids to the airstrip.

As the readme file of UGE can clearly tell you, it's not possible to make those things appear from a building that normally doesn't produce that unit type. The only exception to this is that a repair bay can perfectly produce aircraft.

You can probably just set it as prerequisite though.

if making bio-lab a factory will be impossible, i will try to make chem-tank. a nod vehicile, with single 120mmAP cannon and chem spray. but it may cause some problems, because these weapons have different ranges.

The chem tank already exists, with icon, in the Bio War mod-campaign.

You can download it from my site:

http://cnc2sw.planetcnc.gamespy.com/download.php

It's basically just the flame tank with green canisters, replacing the flame tank. Though with UGE it should be perfectly possible to mod the visceroid into an additional chem tank, so you can build both the chem tank and the flame tank.

The consequences of dual weapons are ALSO explained in the UGE readme, btw :P

again i have some time to work on cnc mod;) i have a strange problem - i cant make helipad buildable for nod! i used tibed and uge, no effect. is it possible to make it buildable from nod construction yard?

again i have some time to work on cnc mod;) i have a strange problem - i cant make helipad buildable for nod! i used tibed and uge, no effect. is it possible to make it buildable from nod construction yard?

Hm... I'm pretty sure I mentioned that in the manual too... see, the helipad IS already buildable by Nod. Only, there's a hard-coded exception to that. Namely, it's only buildable inmultiplayer games.

If you capture a GDI construction yard in single player, you can build it, even after losing that GDID construction yard. But it's 100% impossible to give Nod the actual construction option through messing with the internal variables. Sorry :(

Can't you just make a Nod Helipad? It might not let you dock Orcas, but it would make your own stuff.

Raking up old topics, with the help of Nyerguds the C&C'95: TD editor has been brought up to speed. You will now find all buildings in there.