Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

[SPOILER] Is anyone finding the story lacking substance?

Not gonna post spoilers in here, but I'm on the first mission of Act 3 for each faction, and nothing really seems to have happened so far apart from the destruction of the Philadelphia.

I dunno how you guys are into the campaigns, but are you (without spoiling anything) finding that these campaigns actually suck!? Great acting sure.... But I'm finding this too much like Generals in the respect that I'm doing a bunch of missions here, and there is no real backbone to the story so far.

Things are actually getting boring now. It's doing my nut in thats for sure. I'm probably being premature, but Westwood did a better job with the C&C saga here and the story was so much deeper and well written. meh.... :roll:

yeah its been boring so far. but its get a bit more interesting once the Scrin come back. GDI vs Nod has generally been boring the maps are too small, and objectives too simple. The hardest mission so far was Croatia and it wasnt that hard

Guest Rabbit

I gotta be honest, I'm finding it boring too. I already told Sonic that I'm getting tired of some of the campaign missions. For whatever reason, I'm enjoying playing GDI somewhat, but still, it's not the thing you play for hours on end...

Unfortunately.

How many acts are there, anyway?

There should be 5 to each campaign, minus the scrin who get 4 missions.

I was thinking the same thing....I'm at Croatia, and already about to go play renegade...the skirmishes are decent, but there's just something missing about the game...

Well, you gotta consider the most major fact: Westwood isnt doing the story so we dont have the orignal writers.

Plus, even if Westwood did do the story and it went as it was supposed to, it would still be as boring anyways. CNC3 was meant to be the transition period after Firestorm. Rememeber that the Scrin wouldnt come into play until CNC4 so...

Well, it's very nice that everyone can fire out of apcs (especially when you put snipers/zone troopers in there)

I really wish more units than the avatar could upgrade for junk...I really liked that part of generals, and was one of the main reasons I played GLA

I'd give the game as a whole (singleplayer/skirmish) a 7/10

A good amount seems to happen in my opinion. I won't name stuff cuz I don't feel like being an ass but for EA actually venturing out and doing a C&C game for us, I liked it and its what we've been waiting for. I'll never expect a Westwood quality C&C from EA, and neither should any of you, but you should just find the good and go with it. Somethings could be improved but I welcome a C&C for a change, thats all that matters to me.

Now hopefully C&C 4 will be better storyline wise. I like the little actors but cool explosions and events and that crap more than big actors and little events. :nod:

Im liking single player alot more than skirmish though. Im finding the skirmish maps are far too small and theres really no creativity in them. They all seem like variations of a similar theme with the starting points all symetrical around the outside

It's been ok... Maybe when the campaign is nearing it's climax and resolution we will understand... I think EA put a glacial pace to the campaign, and then it slowly builds up... Just my opinion, though. :idea:

Ya know, i'm liking scrin in the skirmish...i can pwn a hard army easily...just build up defenses and make a few tripods/cruisers :D

Ah, but in multiplay you'd be screwed if your enemy is GDI... Mammies effectively counter Tripods, while the Ion Cannon can devastate your base... And also, the Mammies are, pound for pound, stronger than Tripods in toe-to-toe combat. :roll:

Especially once Rail Guns are ready.

I've only completed the Gdi campaign so far (And about 2/5 of the way through Nod) and in the campaign i don't feel any connection to the characters (Though they do a great job acting). Nothing happens and i hated how they portrayed the scrin when they arrive to Earth, very anti-climatic ending too.

I've finished the Nod Campaign thus far and just past Act 3 on GDI. The Nod Campaign story wasn't really that original, I mean its been done before. It kinda gets interesting after, well when you finish up in Australia.. But I thought the ending was kinda lame, as there wasn't really a climax or anything to the action, it just sorta ended... Meh...

I notice that GDI get a lot more cut scenes and such as compared with Nod, hopefully some interesting things happen for them. :)

I've finished the Nod Campaign thus far and just past Act 3 on GDI. The Nod Campaign story wasn't really that original, I mean its been done before. It kinda gets interesting after, well when you finish up in Australia.. But I thought the ending was kinda lame, as there wasn't really a climax or anything to the action, it just sorta ended... Meh...

I notice that GDI get a lot more cut scenes and such as compared with Nod, hopefully some interesting things happen for them. :)

You're in for a disappointment.

yeah the only thing i wasnt to happy with was the arival of the scrin in the GDI campaign (not up to the scrin for Nod yet). It all happened too quickly and seems like they left some live action scenes out in that section. There didnt seem to be any shock about the fact that they were being invaded by aliens.

yeah its been boring so far. but its get a bit more interesting once the Scrin come back. GDI vs Nod has generally been boring the maps are too small, and objectives too simple. The hardest mission so far was Croatia and it wasnt that hard

your joking right? i keep getting overrun by Nod even with placing the right troops at the righ places and even when ive held out long enough for reinforcements to arrive im overwhelmed and cant go save the reinforcements

I had a few problems with that mission at first but theres a really easy way to do it. Right from the start pump out predator tanks untill you have about 8 or 10. Use them to attack the base at the top right early in the game to take out the war factories. With them gone capture the command centre and start building up a nod base. when the GDI reinforcement team arrives dont worry about rescuing them untill your nod base is up to the point where it can start going out on the offensive. By that stage you should now be by far the dominant force anyway.

not easy when you got wave after wave of nod troops attacking your base

I'm on Act 5 and Nod the acting towards the Scrin coming wasn't "oh ****! Panic, we're gonna get pwned!!!" It was more like "oh, what's going on, we better sort this out. What's on the TV?" :roll:

Gameplay wise, yes I can understand the score, but from a campaign perspective, I dunno why this even got above 80% in reviews.

The missions are very short. A lot of them can be finished in ~15 minutes. And none have them lasted more than 1 hour. Though I must admit: I was defeated on numerous occassions, but the 2nd try goes much better then.

I'm on Act 5 and Nod the acting towards the Scrin coming wasn't "oh s***! Panic, we're gonna get pwned!!!" It was more like "oh, what's going on, we better sort this out. What's on the TV?" :roll:

Gameplay wise, yes I can understand the score, but from a campaign perspective, I dunno why this even got above 80% in reviews.

Act 5? how many acts are there i thought i'd done the last GDI missiono.O

I dont mind the campaign actually. Its not what tiberian sun was but it does give you more of the feeling your a commander fighting in the conflict insted of going off on some wild goose chace for some secreat weapon to defeat the scrin while the other commanders fight the defensive battles which seems to happen far to much in games involving aliens