Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

[SPOILER] Is anyone finding the story lacking substance?

That secret weapon lays within the Temple, ready to launch... :twisted:

What, another Catalyst missile? It sucks.

Ok, not the nuke again. Or the Multi-Missile. Those are also super generic weapons. :roll:

Guest Rabbit

Come on, the nuke's been around since the very beginning, just like the ion cannon, it makes sense to have it back.

No, I mean the secret weapon illumenatis is talking about... I really don't like the nuke... To generic. It's a toss it in there weapon. The Ion Cannon is a precise military weapon.

I've just finished the Nod campagin. Mweh. What's around that corner? 8)

The last act was quite good, I feel that act 1-4 were a bit too short, but the last one finally had some depth to it.

I'm on Act 5 and I am enjoying it a lot! Though I can't get past that mission in Italy where you only have a commando, shadow, and engineers.

How do you beat it?!

Also, for those of you who havent done the Scrin campaign yet, its ending paves the way for an expansion. If you thought there was no real ending, youll see it in the expansion. I ASSURE you. Those of you who are lucky enough to have gone through the Scrin campaign will know why. :roll:

I finished the Nod Campaign! I guess I have to finish the GDI before I can access the Scrin missions?

I'm on Act 5 and I am enjoying it a lot! Though I can't get past that mission in Italy where you only have a commando, shadow, and engineers.

How do you beat it?!

I took out both tech centres for both sides then killed their refineries. That way they can't kill each other before you can finish off the mission. After that its easy. :nod:

Well, the thing about Operation Stilletto is that all the bases will not attack you until you inflict damage upon them. So you could literally walk you engineers in to take their buildings without worrying about defenses. With that in mind, if an enemy tank runs over one of your units, that army will become hostile towards you. When the mission starts you are actually just neutral. So, the best thing to do is build ~20-30 engineers and have one go to each building and stand next to it.

Now, to get them to all take the buildings at the same time, just use planning mode.

And heres a hint: Take the bases of whoever lost the battle that is going to happen. Afterwords, build a poop load of whatever that specific side has for heavy tanks [mammoths or the walkers].

lol.. I suppose that works too. :P

I'll have to try it that way sometime.. Seems easier than my mass bombings with shadows. :P

lol, funny you should mention that. When I first started that mission I thought that the bases would attack me, so I just started whoring whatever I could to survive. I sat there for an hour waiting for that attack and decided to restart as I had expended my resources and didnt exactly want mass bombings...trial and error for a lot of these missions. :roll:

It took me lots of tries to get it right without turning down the difficulty. Basically GDI became the more powerful of the two so I took over their base and pumped out mammys' and fire hawks, and lay waste to the Scrin.

It was straight forward because the Scrin were badly damaged destroyed by GDI, I even had to save their Conyard from a lone Juggernaut that managed to stay off my radar at one point.

I love the Nod missions <3

Ill say one thing.... The GDI ending is "pronged" you can go down the Light Side or the Dark.... I Prevered the dark, It humiliates GDI! XD

Pff the last GDI mission what a joke. Far to easy.. Least the Nod final mission was slightly challenging.. But the GDI one is boring....

I did like the split endings though. :nod:

I wonder which one is considered the "true" ending for the expansion? But still not much closure if you ask me for either side, which is a shame... Well off I go to get my ass kicked as teh Scrin. :P

The correct storyline is probably when you don't use the bomb. It seems every war the good guys win... :roll:

I love the fact that no matter which ending you pick, Gen. Granger acts pretty much the same. One one side, he says straight-faced "You're a hero, Commander." On the other, he says, just as straight-faced, "You're such a pathetic loser, Commander."

I kept wondering, the whole time, "Does this guy show any emotion at all?" But he does.

"Do you have any idea what they've done? Nod's knocked out our entire missle defense system, all our anti-missle capabilities!"

I think that's about as riled up as he gets, even after the Scrin show up to wreak havoc on everything. I wonder if that was just Ironside's acting, or of that's genuinely how EA wanted it...

Why is it that no one really seems to acknowledge the fact about how Kane was already known to the Scrin?

I'd of thought people would have made a bigger deal of this? Meh.

He is? I thought they want to find out more about him when they discover him...

After they watch the clip about Kane bragging about the big T bomb explosion, the Scrin guy rambles on about how this individual already exists in the data core, and something about genetic abnormalities. :nod:

I smell a link between Kane and Yuri, seeing that they both seem to have genetic abnormalities. :D