Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

[SPOILER] Is anyone finding the story lacking substance?

Shoot that man now for even suggesting that Kane could possibly have ANYTHING to do with Yuri.... :evil:

I hate to say it; but you can never be sure when you're dealing with the messiah. :P

I think all 3 campaigns had crappy endings. Nod was the best but it was left hanging.

I never bothered to play the GDI campaing past the croatia mission...but Nod's story is kinda empty, the end of it is kinda mysterious...

but without the original people from westwood,

CnC is dead for now :(

I'm stuck at the NOD mission where you have to overpower a massive Scrin base that GDI is attacking too. So far I saw GDI send down a single drop**** with some zone troopers, but I had venoms annihlate them before they even got a shot off. My strategy vs the Scrin had been insane numbers (30+) of Venom with the laser upgrade -- never fails. So I build 60 venoms with the laser upgrade, and thought to myself, "man this is gonna be easy". And sent them into the base.

They lasted just over a minute. :shock: Major splash damage on the scrin rocket things. It's hard to fight an enemy you're completely unfamiliar with. I got pawnz0red. I'm thinking of making an attack force comprised of avatars and venoms. I always give the venoms the laser upgrade, and I try (when I can) to give the avatars a beam cannon to grab a second laser from for twice the firepower. But even fully upgraded avatars can never make an ultimate, unstoppable army like a big group of railgun mammies can, because avatars lack AA, and aircraft will destroy them in time.

If this were a GDI mission I'd roll over them with mammoths, but a super avatar army is always pwned by scrin aircraft, and they lack the overall power of mammoths anyhow, even fully upgraded.

I have found the story to be somehow kind of generic. I don't know what's different but it's just not the same.

Woofna, Venom's alone will not cut it. And avatars are very expensive for their price. Instead, buy lots of Buggies (Anti-Air, $400) and Scorpion Tanks ($800). For the price of an avatar, you can have 2 Scorpion's and 3 Buggies...

All you need is 14 beam cannons and venom support. Nothing can survive. :nod:

Avatars are overrated pieces of junk.