Sign in to follow this  
matthy

how to own mamoth tanks

cant find a good way to own them with nod or scrin because the tank is good vs infantry, tank, and air and it easly owns a avatar :?

does anyone have a good tactic :)

Cheers Matthy

i don't understand the word "own" in your sentance, do you mean own like that you can build them as NOD or do you mean if we know of a tactic for NOD to destroy mamoth tanks??

Guest Jamie T

lots os beam thingys but mam or overpowerd

Elementary my good man. All you have to do is use a trainer to make overpowered Avatars that can fly and shoot pink elephants at the tank.

Lol, but seriously, the best way to take down a mammy is with Beam Cannons and lots and lots of Scorpions. The mammoth as we see it is way too OP to be considered something that should even be rolled out onto the field. The absolute best way to defend yourself against them is to make it so you cant be overrun by them. IE, destroy their war factory, Con Yard, tech center ect, ect. At least, for Nod anyway

For the Scrin, I suggest a good mix of PAC's and Tripods to take down the behemoths.

Elementary my good man. All you have to do is use a trainer to make overpowered Avatars that can fly and shoot pink elephants at the tank.

Lol, but seriously, the best way to take down a mammy is with Beam Cannons and lots and lots of Scorpions. The mammoth as we see it is way too OP to be considered something that should even be rolled out onto the field. The absolute best way to defend yourself against them is to make it so you cant be overrun by them. IE, destroy their war factory, Con Yard, tech center ect, ect. At least, for Nod anyway

For the Scrin, I suggest a good mix of PAC's and Tripods to take down the behemoths.

hmm i thougth :? i already found some tactics

1. build scorpions and use Rocket infantry behind (Nod)

2. use MANY vertigo bombers they wont get hurt but it will take time then

3. Meaby somthing with stealt tanks could word

Scrin

1. make an buzzer army soooow big (and also with those laser rocket guys) people would freak out tried it with comp and it totaly worked. i think it would also word online scrin infatry owns because you cant squese it.

what it think is that the mammot should be way more expensive and should have almost no effect @ infantry at all

i hope EA reads these posts because i could use an balance patch :?

cheers Matthy

Lets give GDI finnaly something overpowerd,shall we?

Only way to break those bunker Nods.

Mammoth Tanks? Strong? Pathetic. :P

All you need are a few fanatics and the job is done. :wink:

Mammoths are unbelievably slow, I usually just go around them. Of course in the event that isn't an option, just lots of units, specially beam tanks, in groups of 5 those beam tanks are really nasty. :P

Guest Rabbit
All you need are a few fanatics and the job is done. :wink:

Ya know, this is actually true. Those fanatics are tough guys.

Yeah I usually have stockpiled Vertigos (Love those Batwing Bombers!) by the time the enemy has Mammys, but If that isnt "available", Fanatics are very effective.

well its pretty hard to counter them except with mammys. a good gdi player like me wont even allow anythign advanced. an initial rush with predators throws u off guard and takes a good portion out. right after that comes the mammoths. the transition is seamless. I'm spamming predators while the tech center builds. soon as it finishes, cancel all preds, max out on teh mammies and get the rail gun upgrade asap

After watching the strat videos, I like the idea of the cloaked EMP buggy... Though one detector unit would kill that strategy dead, still worth a shot. ;)

nice guys thx ill try the fanatics and the buggy's good tactics ;)

np, you've obviously come to the right place. :D

Mammoths...

Scrin: Carriers - If you dont have some, as soon as there are Mammoths on the field your strategy is bad.

Nod: Beam Cannons - They have bigger range and should be used in the offense.

GDI: Mammoths and Zone Troopers - Zone Troopers are like Mammoths, just with double firepower and less health, so keep an eye for snipers. They also detect stealthed units, so the EMP wont help ;). GDI owns everything if you are fast enough.

I hope that helped... But every battle needs its own strategy, this could work sometimes, but isnt the 100% win strategy.

I wish I could upload some replays, I fought some evil rushers with these tactics as GDI on 2vs2. My ally retreated into my base after the first wave (which cost me 1 Powerplant + 1 Refinery) and then harvested my Tiberium. So I had less money in that match. But finally I owned/pawned them alone.

One of them even called me a Jackhammer :twisted:

DrFriedChicken wanna face me as GDI? :twisted::twisted:

Seriously, I play a mean game. I was playing agaisnt a high ranked 92/17 guy in a 2v2 and i checked his rush, and retook the offensive, while my teammate trashed his weaker teammate's base early even though he was 42/8. then we simply clobbered him on both sides. it was hell annoying for him when my orcas kept destroying his fully loaded harvestors and denied him money to keep fighting

it was hell annoying for him when my orcas kept destroying his fully loaded harvestors and denied him money to keep fighting

Ye,orcas are real mean towards havesters.

If everyone is constaly building tanks,and suddently ,some orcas appear,killing a warfac,or some harvesters...............

That hurts.

the orcas arent that powerful, they die pretty fast. in that game all but 1 orca died. orcas are for hit and run attacks. best used against buildings or harvestors.

that game i used them cause it did him more hurt than it hurt. sure i wasted 4400 on 4 orcas but i interrupted his money flow and he woulda had to build another harvestor, meaning less tanks and letting my tanks get the upper hand. it hurt him over the long run in churning tanks cause he couldnt match me tank for tank

My flatmate and I took on the third flatmate in a LAN. He's quite a bit better than us at RTS games.

He was GDI, I was Scrin, and my team-mate was Nod.

He had 2/3rds of the map, with a very fat wall of defences keeping us trapped down the bottom with little resource. We made a plan :twisted:

He tried to ion cannon my team-mate's nuke building, so I dropped the scrin force-field/shield thingy over it. Then it came online, and he nuked the other guy's base right where all his power buildings were all bunched together. I opened a worm hole and poured through about 10 tripods and 10 engineer units.

The tripods killed all vehicles and troops, I stole half his base, I sold what I didn't need and started producing his own units inside is base while dropping those sonic cannons around them. I got his barracks and made engineers again, then sent them around with the tripods to steal the rest of his buildings.

It's amazing how you can so quickly go from total domination of the map and a "guaranteed win" to being destroyed in the space of one minute.

It reminded my of my first game of RA2. I had two fully veteran tanks charging around the map destroying my mate's base. He won in the end, barely. His got his last two jets to kill my last tank a matter of seconds before I took out his airfield.

Hey TH, Generalz has offended me twice by his rudeness. Please warn him. I am n putting up with it

Guest Rabbit

I don't see how he's being rude in this case. He's been a little over the top in the past, but here, he's just describing a game without truly throwing blind insults at anyone...