Sign in to follow this  
SSTG

some modding bugs and questions

Hey all just going through the last few changes to my soviet and allied teams but stuck on a few things

I need to know how I can crank up the AI difficulty and make it use the new units and buildings I know the allies build the support airpad but soviets won't build a airpad for some reason even though I have AIBuildthis on its code cause I want it to start using migs and the tank drop superweapon

how can I make terrorists not explode when one gets killed and starts off a chain reaction

I think there were some more that have'nt come to mind yet but will post when I remember them

If the soviets are not building the airpad... then the Prerequisites must be wrong. Then after that, a AI script must be made so the soviet AI will build an attack team of migs. If you want to increase the time it takes the AI to build attacking teams. Go under the [General] and alter the TeamDelays=2000,2500,3500 to a lower number. interval between checking for and creating teams, by difficulty level (easy, medium, hard

There is more on scripting the AI in another thread. It can be tricky.

terrorists have a terror bomb weapon that has a suicide effect. If you dont want it you could turn it to no. But then the guy could attack over and over and over. Your best bet is to alter the Warhead or Weapon.

I need to know how I can crank up the AI difficulty and make it use the new units and buildings I know the allies build the support airpad but soviets won't build a airpad for some reason even though I have AIBuildthis on its code cause I want it to start using migs and the tank drop superweapon

You need to add the BuildAirstrip statement and put your new one in and make sure you have AirstripLimit=whatever and AirstripRatio=whatever. You may not even need to do that... you should ENSURE that AIBuildThis=yes is set on your Soviet Airpad.

how can I make terrorists not explode when one gets killed and starts off a chain reaction

Depends on what you want... you can add TypeImmune to them so it doesn't set ever set off a chain reaction or you can add AffectsAllies to the DeathWeapon's warhead (hint: you'll have to make a new weapon/warhead) so that it doesn't destroy all of them when they're killed by weapons but still does when one detonates his own weapon.

Ok I'll edit that might also do that for the MK2 demo truck cause once one got hit by a prism tower and set off the others behind it :P

I've made sure the airpad had AIbuildthis on it I'm gonna recheck the spelling otherwise is it the fire its self cause I got it off YR argentina

Oh and this another thing I've been trying to get working is a Bio warhead for the scud launcher but I can't get virus gas coming out of it when it hits a target tried alot of things but no luck cause I had plans to add a custom radiation for anthrax

Still nothing with that airpad changed the limit airstrip and still nothing

Post your coding please... perhaps we can see what you cant.

[AIRPAD]

UIName=Name:AIRPAD

Name=Soviet Air Pad

BuildCat=Tech

Image=NAHELIPAD

Prerequisite=NAREFN,NACNST

Strength=600

Armor=steel

Adjacent=2

TechLevel=3

Sight=5

UnitReload=yes

Helipad=yes

Owner=Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs,China,Nkorea

AIBasePlanningSide=0 ;gs 0 for Good, 1 for Evil

Cost=700

Points=70

Power=-30

Factory=AircraftType

Capturable=true

Crewed=yes

Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60

DebrisAnims=DBRIS1LG,DBRIS1SM,DBRIS2LG,DBRIS4LG,DBRIS4SM,DBRIS5LG,DBRIS5SM,DBRIS

6LG,DBRIS6SM,DBRIS7LG

MaxDebris=8

MinDebris=4

ThreatPosed=0 ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons

;DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys,BigGreySmokeSys

DamageSmokeOffset=75, 270, 140

AIBuildThis=yes

NumberOfDocks=4

HasStupidGuardMode=false

SuperWeapon=TankDropSpecial

SuperWeapon2=SpyPlaneSpecial

I've made sure the airpad had AIbuildthis on it I'm gonna recheck the spelling otherwise is it the fire its self cause I got it off YR argentina

Did you set AirstripLimit to 1 or 2? The ratio should be .12 or something and that's fine. Also, make sure you add BuildAirstrip=AIRPAD.

Oh and this another thing I've been trying to get working is a Bio warhead for the scud launcher but I can't get virus gas coming out of it when it hits a target tried alot of things but no luck cause I had plans to add a custom radiation for anthrax

Find the Virus death animation (in art). That holds the key.

still nothing is build airstrip airpad meant to be on the entry or somewhere else I noticed the allies built the support pad I added with AI build this and for some reason the soviets built the shp for the mobile war factory but nothing with the airpad for some reason

I cloned the allied command center and altered the houses for the soviet side. Adding the code AIBuildThis=yes to it just to be safe. Started up a quick game and the soviets built one. So I have no clue why it won't work for you. My only thought is the name AIRPAD. Wasnt this tag used in RA1?

maybe I'll try renaming it to something else and see what happens

I came up with a second plan I'm gonna see if they'll build the normal allied air pad with the soviet airpad SHP cause I gave all allied countries access to the american para drop superweapon and put a seal 3 Gis and 3 GGIs in it so I'm gonna try this trick out

still nothing I'm completely stumped I even put the service deport and nuke reactor Ai buildable and it built the nuke reactor

Just curious... you have it in the building list right...

; example

[buildingTypes]

407=AIRPAD

Try adding...

[AIRPAD]

RequiredHouses=Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs,China,Nkorea

Other than that I have no clue... unless its a new art for a the building. There could be a glich in the build up. Could we see those stats?

I can build it so its in the list

heres the art info

[NAHELIPAD]

Remapable=yes

Cameo=NAHELIPADICON

Foundation=3x2

Height=5

Flat=yes ; while this is a valid BuilType flag, it does nothing.

Buildup=NAHELIPADMK

BibShape=NAHELIPADBB

ZShapePointMove=60,30 ; SJM is fixing zshape/zshapelocky problems, changed from 0,0

DemandLoadBuildup=true

FreeBuildup=true

NewTheater=yes

DockingOffset0=0,-128,0 ;-80,80,0

DockingOffset1=0,128,0 ;-80,-208,0

DockingOffset2=256,-128,0 ;208,80,0

DockingOffset3=256,128,0 ;208,-208,0

ActiveAnim=NAHELIPAD_A

ActiveAnimDamaged=NAHELIPAD_AD

ActiveAnimZAdjust=0

ActiveAnimYSort=362

ActiveAnimTwo=NAHELIPAD_B

ActiveAnimTwoDamaged=NAHELIPAD_BD

ActiveAnimTwoZAdjust=0

ActiveAnimTwoYSort=362

CanHideThings=True

CanBeHidden=False

OccupyHeight=2

AddOccupy1=-1,-1

AddOccupy2=-1,0

AddOccupy3=-2,-1

AddOccupy4=-3,-2

RemoveOccupy1=1,0

RemoveOccupy2=2,0

RemoveOccupy3=1,1

RemoveOccupy4=2,2

DamageFireOffset0=-36,23

DamageFireOffset1=-21,6

; Active animation for airforce command.

[NAHELIPAD_A]

;Image=NAHELIPAD_A

Normalized=yes

LoopStart=0

LoopEnd=4

LoopCount=-1

Rate=220

Layer=ground

NewTheater=yes

;DetailLevel=1

Shadow=yes

; Damaged active animation for airforce command.

[NAHELIPAD_AD]

Image=NAHELIPAD_A

Normalized=yes

LoopStart=4

LoopEnd=8

LoopCount=-1

Rate=220

Layer=ground

;NewTheater=yes

;DetailLevel=1

Shadow=yes

; Active animation for airforce command.

[NAHELIPAD_B]

;Image=GAHPAD_A

Normalized=yes

LoopStart=0

LoopEnd=6

LoopCount=-1

Rate=220

Layer=ground

NewTheater=yes

;DetailLevel=1

Shadow=yes

; Damaged active animation for airforce command.

[NAHELIPAD_BD]

Image=NAHELIPAD_B

Normalized=yes

LoopStart=6

LoopEnd=12

LoopCount=-1

Rate=220

Layer=ground

;NewTheater=yes

;DetailLevel=1

Shadow=yes

Well I noticed that it was causing a IE with the airpadif the ai tried to build it for some reaon

OK ITS FINALLY WORKING!

I tried the AIbaseplannings tag and put it to 1 and it works now thanks for the help in this bug

Anyone know how I can convert a bunch of pcx into a SHP animation using XCC trying to get a medic icon so when I highlight a wounded soldier and get a medic icon and eventually get the tank drop and new spyplane icons going

For a single image:

Select your PCX file.

Do Clipboard -> Copy.

Then Clipboard -> Paste as SHP (TS).

Fill out what it needs and wham, multi-frame SHP.

For multiframe images:

Select frame 0000 and do Copy as SHP (TS).

How can I stop it from crashing while making the SHP?

Also I made flame type weapon just wondering if I can make it burn everything its path not just where the warhead hits

How can I stop it from crashing while making the SHP?

Define "crashing."

Also I made flame type weapon just wondering if I can make it burn everything its path not just where the warhead hits

You'd have to use Damage on the trailer image or make it a flame particle weapon. I recommend the trailer method so you can promote your men... particle-based weapons don't promote.

I keep getting that old XCC has encountered a problem blah blah when I try converting it all into a SHP animation

also the current flame weapon i made has a invisable projectile with flame trailer I used to have a particle system but the 2 voxels I'm using have 2 guns instead of 1 so they need to come out of both

I keep getting that old XCC has encountered a problem blah blah when I try converting it all into a SHP animation

hm... Are you doing the single-image method or multi-frame?

also the current flame weapon i made has a invisable projectile with flame trailer I used to have a particle system but the 2 voxels I'm using have 2 guns instead of 1 so they need to come out of both

Particle weapons nullify Burst so you need to use a flame-trailer weapon, which you're already doing. I'd try putting Damage on the trailer image.

I think I did single image with clipboard and copy with multiple frames

Also wondering if its possible to edit how fast a unit becomes to elite my defenses take awhile to become elite so I can test out their elite weapon