Sign in to follow this  
KyleBrogan

[SPOILER] Having a hard time with a Nod Mission

I've finished all of the GDI missions on hard, and I'm working my way through Nod. Right now, I'm kind of stuck. The mission is the Austrailia one where the Scrin first show up and you have a handful of units and almost no money. You have to guard the nukes and wait a minute and a half for Carryall transports to show up. My problem is that no matter what I build, I get overwhelmed by Scrin forces that seem determined to go right after the nukes. I've been positioning the nukes next to the war factory to keep them repaired, but it doesn't seem to have any use.

Well, I have a few strange ideas that I'm going to try out, but could anyone who has finished the Nod Campaign tell me what worked for them? I'm better with GDI, but I'm learning.

Thanks a ton, guys.

I just bunched the elite units around the little base camp they provide and built a few stanks. The nukes just stayed behind the warfactory... And I just sat there and waited... They didn't seem that interested in the nukes...

there a few trucks there. take out the nearest 2 sonics with the venoms. then capture the first nuke truck. ignore the 2nd one, its guarded by mammys. Go capture the 3rd truck, only apcs and predators there. keep 1 truck behind ur WF, waste all ur money on stanks and station them in front. When it gets a bit too overwhelming, send your 2nd truck to the front and have it blow up. since you only need 1 to win, that nuke will hold off the scrin with plenty of time for carryalls to land. but wait till they're all swarmed b4 using the truck. it will clear the area, but u only have 1 so use it at the right moment

Not sure if its there on Hard, but on Medium, theres a Disruption Tower by the WF, just group the Nuke trucks there, they're hidden from view, and if by any chance they get shot, the WF drones will give them a fix up. As for getting the Nuke trucks, I took two then let the last one come to me after destroying the Tiberium Tower that blocks the escape. As for the Sonics, I killed a few but I dodged most of them.

What I had Issues with was getting a Saboteur into the Tech Centre on the Far side of the map... a bonus objective, I know, But still...

I figured it out. At the beginning, I used my two Venoms to knock down the Tiberium tower, and then ducked out, leaving the GDI bunkers there. Then I went after the Mammoth convoy first, actually, because the scripts (I guess) don't allow the Scrin into the valley until you've at least gotten one truck into your base.

Thanks for the ideas, guys. I appreciate it. Now, onto Scrin.

BTW- Nice GDI banner, GeneralZ.