Sign in to follow this  
DaveRomino90

Suggestions To EA

I know you guys are working on balancing the game my suggestion are

-obviously lower costs of units

-Put more options on the multilayer maps. Example have an option to have cranes and mini mvc's, I've tested game with out them and they are VERY longer so for people wanting longer games do not use them. If your on the internet make it a no crane game.

-Make the map more interactive like players could be able to garrison on civilian vehicles to like an apc.

-I know this is pushing it but see if you could make the TS husks like the titan playable like juggernaut or avatar.

-Make units become vescriods when they die. It should be penalty and hurt the playing for making him put units threw the tiberium. Also brings the world to life more interaction. Also work on making the units try to walk around it. If they could cover around buildings walking around tiberium should be simple coding.

-Lastly make the superweapons shorter I've never seen someone actually use one. The game is over by the time they are even built.

-If units destroy blue tiberium then you have an ion storm form the scrin's harvester ion storm ability is pretty cool however give the option to the player it adds more strategy and risk by using the blue tiberium.

EA I hope this helps you with your patch and anyone here see if you can add on discuss what EA should do for this patch. Maybe they'll read it maybe they won't but it's better thread than others around here.

-me

This is a thread I made in the EA support forum. I wanted to see the opinions over here.

You need to realise a lot of that had to be already implemented and can't be patched without a big hassle. So a lot of what you're asking for is TOO late.

Sorry but you should of made this when they were first making the game.

You need to realise a lot of that had to be already implemented and can't be patched without a big hassle. So a lot of what you're asking for is TOO late.

with all do respect...if EA doesn't rush out a patch they have plenty of time to do all this. It's just programming I know programing is hard but they get paid to do it. Don't they want the best product if they can't do this for TW make it for a possible expansion or CnC4 if thier is one.

They could probably do most of the things you suggested, as none of them really change the game in a big way.

With the following objections.

Leave super weapons alone, lowering the timing is a horrible idea, 6 minutes is a very short amount of time, its just that games only usually last 12 minutes. :P

Viscriods suck, they're are not nearly as powerful or as pretty as TS which is a shame really.. :(

with all do respect...if EA doesn't rush out a patch they have plenty of time to do all this. It's just programming I know programing is hard but they get paid to do it. Don't they want the best product if they can't do this for TW make it for a possible expansion or CnC4 if thier is one.

No.

If you take out stuff, put in, modify already what the game has (besides like cost, the little stuff) then you might draw some new people that are interested (ie: you) but you might totally piss the **** off people already playing. If you do that, it goes down hill, they don't recommend it, or return it, etc. What's in a final product they don't mess with the BIG STUFF EVER. I don't remember anytime that they did a total make over of something in a patch. They'd have to create a new model for the titan, add animations, sounds, etc for it. Adding more options to the multiplayer is maybe doable but again, hassle and I believe they'd have to do stuff to their -already bad- netcode. It's a ****ING huge hassle for EA and IT IS too late for that kind of stuff...

Now price and stuff is considered part of balancing, so that will be modified periodically, but the some of the stuff you want you will never see in a patch, maybe the expansion or new C&C.

And just to counter-point the "walk-around tiberium thing"... Then why even BOTHER to make tiberium HURT infantry? Seriously? Don't be a dumbass and make your troops walk through it. I believe C&C 3 has way points.

No.

If you take out stuff, put in, modify already what the game has (besides like cost, the little stuff) then you might draw some new people that are interested (ie: you) but you might totally piss the **** off people already playing. If you do that, it goes down hill, they don't recommend it, or return it, etc. What's in a final product they don't mess with the BIG STUFF EVER. I don't remember anytime that they did a total make over of something in a patch. They'd have to create a new model for the titan, add animations, sounds, etc for it. Adding more options to the multiplayer is maybe doable but again, hassle and I believe they'd have to do stuff to their -already bad- netcode. It's a ****ing huge hassle for EA and IT IS too late for that kind of stuff...

Now price and stuff is considered part of balancing, so that will be modified periodically, but the some of the stuff you want you will never see in a patch, maybe the expansion or new C&C.

And just to counter-point the "walk-around tiberium thing"... Then why even BOTHER to make tiberium HURT infantry? Seriously? Don't be a dumbass and make your troops walk through it. I believe C&C 3 has way points.

dude why not way you put it thats like a treat and goody for everyone who bought the game. That would be sweet not for nothing but EA shouldn't lazy with their products they can be 20 times better if they put a little more quality in their title. Honestly their my favorite game company I hope they get better and better. You got great games like FREEDOM FIGHTERS BURNOUT MADDEN BONDS, MEDAL OF HONOR ,Battlefield good stuff. With the units walking threw the tiberium. When you have shadow team strike going on and your sending in commando and grenade thrower don't have time to way point a direction. The AI suppose to be smart in this game their looking retarded if they walk threw something so dangerous it is "tiberium wars"

No.

If you take out stuff, put in, modify already what the game has (besides like cost, the little stuff) then you might draw some new people that are interested (ie: you) but you might totally piss the **** off people already playing. If you do that, it goes down hill, they don't recommend it, or return it, etc. What's in a final product they don't mess with the BIG STUFF EVER. I don't remember anytime that they did a total make over of something in a patch. They'd have to create a new model for the titan, add animations, sounds, etc for it. Adding more options to the multiplayer is maybe doable but again, hassle and I believe they'd have to do stuff to their -already bad- netcode. It's a ****ing huge hassle for EA and IT IS too late for that kind of stuff...

dude why not way you put it thats like a treat and goody for everyone who bought the game. That would be sweet not for nothing but EA shouldn't lazy with their products they can be 20 times better if they put a little more quality in their title. Honestly their my favorite game company I hope they get better and better. You got great games like FREEDOM FIGHTERS BURNOUT MADDEN BONDS, MEDAL OF HONOR ,Battlefield good stuff. With the units walking threw the tiberium. When you have shadow team strike going on and your sending in commando and grenade thrower don't have time to way point a direction. The AI suppose to be smart in this game their looking retarded if they walk threw something so dangerous it is "tiberium wars"

of course you dont. you MICRO MANAGE them then. after all, how often you build infantry (unless it require during mission)?

anyway, i prefer 'left click' style than the current one. if possible, can build multiple SW like in Gens. But too bad...

of course you dont. you MICRO MANAGE them then. after all, how often you build infantry (unless it require during mission)?

anyway, i prefer 'left click' style than the current one. if possible, can build multiple SW like in Gens. But too bad...

lol, that wouldnt be too great. Ion Cannons already wipe out most of an enemies base. A turtle could create massive defences then build multiple Cannons and wipe your entire base out pretty much.

Rush games = Don't usually EVER get to SW time.

Non-rush = You should have one as soon as the others, and the same for multiple ones.

Non rush games suck anyway. As all that happens is you both have stupidly large amounts of tanks and after the eventual big fight neither of you have anything left and the game goes back to the very beginning and you start all over again.

Guest Rabbit

If you knew why they're taking their sweet time with the next patch, none of you would be arguing. :P

The mothership needs more armor, enemy allways shoot it down before it destroys anything :(

that could be fixed in the patch

If you knew why they're taking their sweet time with the next patch, none of you would be arguing. :P

Lies... It doesn't matter what they do its our responsibility as fans to demand everything now. :nod:

lol... hahah

:/ rather them take their time then rush it out. I feel like they rushed the game out now and theirs balancing problems and online severs problem. The 360 version of the game seems so much better because they had more time on it. I originally made the topic just spark a conversation and see what people want out of EA and what they think could make your tiberium wars experience better. It's been interesting reading this.

lol, that wouldnt be too great. Ion Cannons already wipe out most of an enemies base. A turtle could create massive defences then build multiple Cannons and wipe your entire base out pretty much.

ah...silly me. i forgot the fact that in TW you cant build anywhere like in Gens.

meh...i like the feeling when seeing multiple SW timer appear onscreen

AND yes! mothership need that extra armour. so do walker unit.

Yes, the Avatar and Tripod both could use an armor upgrade. :nod: