Sign in to follow this  
SSTG

Mod details and progress

Well I've gotten around to making a thread which shows the mods got instore

Heres a rundown of mod V1s stuff theres also some stuff I've written cause I copied this from my CNCNZ post

Well I've gotten around to making a thread which shows the mods got instore

pics will be uploaded soonish

First off the story

Forgive my grammar etc I'm not too good of a writer

This sets off after yuris revenge allies ending soviets have seemed to recovered from the last great war as China and North Korea have joined the Soviet countries after some small conflicts which seemed to be caused by the allies.

The defeat of yuri has also given the soviets back their cloning technology although the other tech used by them had mysteriously vanished. Soviets have also recovered their air force and flame technology lost after the first war due to treaty restrictions by the allies.

New Zealand (yea I chose us cause I wanted to be unique) testing advanced chrono technology have joined the allied countries against the soviets new threats.

Although there have been reports of Unknown weapons being tested in the Pacific, Atlantic, Asia, Central America and Africa these have no been shown if they are Soviet or even Allied tests as it seems alot more advanced to what even they had made.

This unknown force has not been identified as of yet but seemed to preparing for war

yea thats about all I got so far

On to new stuff

Soviet addtitions

Air strike uplink

after building the airpad and battle lab the player can call bombers to drop radiation clean A bombs on the battlefield every 6 minutes

Credit:Medalmonkey

Airpad

airpad.jpg

Soviets can now build Mig fighters when this is up it also gives the player the ability to have 3 rhino tanks paradropped in every 6 minutes

Credit:The I man

Cloning vats

The RA2 soviet cloning vats have returned works the same but you can't send troops in to get a cash bonus like in RA2

Tank bunker

One thing the soviets took from the yuri conflict works with most tanks including the apocalypse

Credit:Mad HQ

Missile Aukla sub

MSUB2.gif

The missile subs have returned after extensive research of rocketry they now fire cluster missiles

My design Cameo:Loefqvist

Katyusha MRLS

MRLS-1.jpg

Another development in rockety these fire barrages of rockets nearly nonstop

Voxel:firestorm Cameo:Loefqvist

Flame tank

flametank.jpg

Developing their napalm tech had managed replace their flamethorwer towers to more mobile tanks which have become great infantry killers

Voxel:Spider-man_2099 Cameo:tratos Flame art: Apollo

Grenadier

grenadier.jpg

Updating with better explosives the newer grenadier can help support conscripts and other troops if there is no other heavy support available (still working with this one may make their weapon like a grenade launcher)

Cameo art: Argcmdr

Hind transport

hind.jpg

One thing the Soviets lacked was air transport the hind can transport 15 troops (may change in balancing) anywhere on the field

Cameo: Argcmdr

KGB agent

KGB.jpg

Training their spies in combat areas they now can do the same things the allied spies do (I may try making them do something like a death weapon so they are unique to the allied spy)

SHP:Dark_Efl_2001 Cameo:Loefqvist

Mobile war factory

MWF.jpg

A handy deploy unit that can be a spawn point for a kirov fleet to attack a near by base

credit:Dark Elf/Sleipnir/DeeZire

Apocalypse (new version)

Eapoc.jpg

nothings different at the moment though the missiles FLH is at the back of the tank now and uses them against infantry and the missiles now go elite (might change it cause I saw a updated apoc tank and planned making a apocalypse II)

Voxel:Holy master

Country units

Russia

tesla.jpg

Heavy Tesla tank

More powerful version of the tesla tank

Voxel:TX1138

Lybia

MK2demotruck.jpg

MK2 Demo truck

Far more powerful than the smaller demo truck more armored also the smaller truck is now available to all countries except for lybia but the nuclear reactor is needed to gain access to them

Voxel: Napalm Cameo:Apollo

China

masstodont.jpg

Overlord tank

The mother of all tanks armed with apoc shells and flamethorwers it is more expensive to other tanks and is slower

Credit:Napalm

Cuba

scud.jpg

Scud launcher

a Upgraded form of the V3 launcher launches a bio warhead at its target the missile is more armored and faster than the V3s

Terrorists are now available in all soviet countries

Credit: Napalm

Iraq

NOVA2.jpg

Nova tank

fires Uranium depleted shells that leave a radiation spot afterwards making it a all round useful tank

Desolators are now selectable in all soviet countries

Voxel Hoymaster and recolour by TX1138

North Korea

Rising-sun.jpg

Rising sun tank

This shares the form of the RA1 heavy tank but can fire longer range and is armed with Iron curtain shells but the shells do the opposite

Voxel:Firestorm Cameo:Argcmdr

Changes

Boris's migs are more faster now

nuke missile shakes screen when it hits

Missiles have durasmoke trailers

spyplane is now a jet

Sentry gun is a new SHP Credit: MadHQ

Allied additions

Battleship

done-battleship.gif

The same style of ships from RA1 they can hit land units far inland also has depth charge launchers for subs

Design by me and cameo: Xeno

Chrono prison

chrono-prison.jpg

More advanced neutron cannon can instantly erase a unit instantly though it cannot attack buildings and has a long recharge time

Voxel:Godwin Cameo (need to know who did it)

Medic

medic.jpg

due to high numbers of wounded during the last war in covert operations medics have been reenlisted in the allies army they can heal up troops like in RA1

Credit:Lord Kal

Prism Trooper

Prism-trooper.jpg

The answer to combat the tesla troopers they are armed with prism weapons and their armor makes them equal to the tesla trooper

SHP: justsomeguy Cameo:Medalmonkey

Support airpad

Airpad-with-Sbomber.jpg

building this helps so you don't have to keep building allied airfields

Credits:CannisRabidus, Sypher_5

Air strike Uplink

like the soviet one it can give the player the ability to call in a A10 strike every 6 minutes

Credit:Daz

Stealth bomber (see support airpad)

A high level tech plane that drops a fuel air bomb on its target and cannot be seen by enemy radar

Cameo: Xeno

Country units

USA

Abrams-tnak.jpg

This famous tank is introduced into the RA2 universe its cannon is enough to take down any soviet tank and is also armed with anti infantry prism guns

Voxel:Spider-man_2099

France

Parisgun.jpg

Paris gun

This is a mobile form of the grand cannon a great siege weapon

This pic is outdated and is fixed of the pink and bad normals

Cameo: Pusskyfly

Germany

Tankdestoryer.jpg

Tank destroyer

A more powerful version of the tank destroyer it has a better time against infantry as well

Voxel TX1138

Britain

Microwave-tank.jpg

Microwave tank

It uses the similar wave technology to the magnetron but melts and frys units

Credit: MooMan65

South korea

black-egale.jpg

Black eagle

much faster and better armed than in RA2 (also considering giving a hornet like weapon to them)

NZ

chrono-tank.jpg

Chrono tank

Advancements in chrono technology have made the more powerful chrono tank armed with chrono erasing missiles and missiles to take down buildings

Changes to allied forces

Grand cannons and sniper can be built by all allied countries

also snipers can now deploy like Gi and guardian Gis credit: Dark Elf 2001

overall all defense can now become elite

well thats most of it I'll fix up the missing pics soon and check if I missed anything

I figure I'd show some upcoming plans as well

The mod will have elements and stuff from RA1 TS TD and even generals already you can see things like tank drop and the A10 strike and classic units as the battleship and chrono tank

I plan to possibly add a Apache longbow with prism weaponry because the allies still seem to have less new things than the soviets

Volkov and chitzkoi are in the mod as well already added them in I plan to have a campaign mission where a strike force with Boris must free them from a allied prison base

Soviets allies and the 3rd faction will have their own Super unit

terrain expansion is added as well just need to find some maps for it

I'd like to thanks revora and CNCNZ for their help and advice :thumbsupsmiley:

Heres whats in store for now

Ok added pics and but need fix up some things though

Can't someone plz link the programs needed to mod C&C RA2 YR, to me?

Nice looking mod btw :wink:

EDIT: And a tutorial to :oops:

New Zealand (yea I chose us cause I wanted to be unique)

Oh yeah. :nod:

Thanks for the comments :)

Added some in the future plans

Awesome Tank Destroyer. Where'd you find that piece of work?

One thing... your "Paris Gun" voxel needs some work. It suffers from pink dot syndrome and bad normals. I have a turreted, Allied version with good normals if you really want it. ;)

New Zealand should have a sheep cannon base defense. :nod::P

Awesome Tank Destroyer. Where'd you find that piece of work?

One thing... your "Paris Gun" voxel needs some work. It suffers from pink dot syndrome and bad normals. I have a turreted, Allied version with good normals if you really want it. ;)

A guy in revora made it I'll get the link for ya as for the howitzer I was kinda trying to make like a WW2 88mm with those shield things but yea if you have a pic of your one I could use it

I know about the pink as well that was one of my first works though

http://forums.revora.net/index.php?showtopic=45558&st=0

New Zealand should have a sheep cannon base defense. :nod::P

That could actually be possible if I find a sheep voxel cause I know did a meteor cow storm superweapon I may consider doing some other units like iraq has nuclear apocalypse tanks and Bio v3s for cuba

A guy in revora made it I'll get the link for ya as for the howitzer I was kinda trying to make like a WW2 88mm with those shield things but yea if you have a pic of your one I could use it

I know about the pink as well that was one of my first works though

http://forums.revora.net/index.php?showtopic=45558&st=0

hax.png

It's in that screenie.

Thanks for the link. :)

Looks awesome I could use that you mind if I recolour some things on it?

I thought of a idea for more different changes to the countries to make multiplayer countries more different than to unit veteran bonus and multi bonus but as I expanded on it it sounds more like what SS is doing with YR zero hour something like

Iraq has nuclear powered tanks libya can train unique terrorists desolators are replaced when playing as Russia by the advanced tesla trooper or china as a flame trooper or cuba as a bio trooper

that and it could conflict with the campaigns for the 3 sides I planned

though it could be something to plan as another project

Um I'm not if I got completely around one issue on adding buildings I have the names correctly typed and in the art and rules INI but they still don't show up I'm trying to add the TS buildings as place holders for the 3rd faction

NVM I got that building thing sorted

I'm nearing the first mod release in a few weeks just need to do some balance and work out some errors I've also have a beta name and menu video the beta name for the mod is Command and conquer Dark rising

IHey if I upload it to youtube am I crossing any copyright laws cause its only the RA2 intro video edited

I figured its not too fancy the beta video cause its just the RA2 intro edited so I just thought i'd just thought I'd put up the load screen

startscreenjpg.jpg

yea not too fancy ethier I just resized one of the SHPs I found in the mix files I plan to make some better ones once I get the 3rd faction up and running with the stuff I planned for them

I've updated with credits of the creators of everything so I don't get PPL coming after me :P

OK now hopefully

Hey all my laptop power cable was busted and its was a pain getting it replaced but I've got one coming now so it should be here tomorow hopefully anyways I've been brainstorming the abilities of the 3rd faction and I'll list what their forces will have in it

Mech and laser weaponry (lasers will look different to prism weapons) plus their missiles will have different designs and logic to the missiles used by allied or some soviet forces

there will be some stealth units though the stealth tank idea will probably be a country specific unit

they will use tanks which can upgrade when they turn to veteran status like their turrets will changes like the GLA ones do

robot units may not be able to become elite still working on this

I'll post a few units up soon to show some of the main things

Superweapons will be the stealth generator which can cloak up to 9 units like the iron curtain and the laser platform which fires multiple beams (like ion cannons) on to the target its using lighting storm logic to work though

some of the work is a little cheesy looming( need to edit them more, as in work on em more, i know its hard but its so no one says its cheesy which it happens. good job though on most of it, your doing good :)

could I get a few places where if its the names for things its not completely concrete yet though I thought of changing the rising sun tank to a more combat style tank or to bring back the Mammoth tank

I'm liking this alot. Keep up the good work. :D

Well I've started work on the 3rd faction though after playing MO I'm surprised on how imbalenced yuri is anyways this is their superweapon though I've still need to remove the clouds and add some explosions

untitled-1.png