Sign in to follow this  
SSTG

Mod details and progress

right now the building is planned to be the laser platform while the attack is laser barrage still working on it as I've haven't gotten rid of those clouds yet

hydratankimproved.png

This is a voxel I'm working on the basic tank for the 3rd faction also have another one built but that needs some work as well

added the first 3 superweapons that the 3rd side will have since Npatch is now here

secondary superweapon is the stealth field which cloaks anything within its radius

main superweapon is the laser strike platform (working name) you've seen this on the screen cap just lots of ion blasts I finally got rid of the clouds though

also you can get droppods like in TS drops in 4 gunner troops and 4 laser soldiers

some of the troops etc will be explained soon once I get some more of them added in

I'm probably gonna make it the same radius as the iron curtain or chronosphere but its like the GPS scrambler in generals you can activate the weapon on anything on the map

Ok I've been stuck on the mod since Npatch has alot of bugs so I'm just waiting for a more stable version to come out though I've worked on how the Betas will be released

1st beta will have the only the 6 soviet and allied countries mentioned and is just to work out imbalances and bugs this will be out soon as I get the new N patch and fix up some noticeable bugs

2nd beta will have new countries added bugs worked out 3rd side will be added and a teaser campaign will be added as well

campaign will have a couple of missions which take place before the war with the 3rd side

Allies will pretty much have peace keeping missions from small yuri forces and soviet and will have some appearances from the 3rd side

Soviet will have a mission to rescue their cyber soldier volkov and dog chitzkoi over throw the allied forces in moscow and push out allied forces out of russia

the 3rd side will have territory take over missions they will assault the island where yuris rocket pad is to get some technologies for their advanced units

taking resources in the middle east from soviet forces and the first strike on the allied forces in wasington

Ok I'm gonna add some videos using hyper cam cause fraps doesn't work right for me so I'm gonna do a windowed recording of the units

I'll cover the country units first off and then the additions to the main armies

also changing the Libyan MK2 demo truck to the giraffe artillery (you'll know why its called that when you see it) and it will fire cluster shells plus changes to the other units like the abrams tank and black eagle

Lol yea I guess its a little weird it was just the default name of the voxel left hand did I'll work on a name

new-iron-curtain.png

this is the pre release Iron curtain most modders have seen this though I think it looks better than the RA2 one done by brianprime also you'll see the new Libyan country unit the demo cannon on the left though its not a good shot

well its kinda like a demolishing weapon cause it has a cluster shell system and when it hits buildings it kinda looks like explosives were activated at the bottom of it that was a test name anyways I haven't worked on a more decent name yet

Did it blow up the hospital in that pic^^? :D
actually those were buildings hospitals in a different part of the map

Well Omegabolt made the map and it was for the setting its like cherynobol theres a damaged nuke plant in the map

Well I've been adding infantry to my 3rd force some of them are getting pretty cool though so far they're just recolored forces

3rd-side-preview.png

things like that big 2 cannoned mech will be changed in later timesI'm just going through coding before images

and heres another with improved laser barrage

LASER-STORM.png

And those TS buildings and that tank are placeholders till I make the actual designs

Ok new changes

Scud launcher rocket far more powerful great bunker buster as the rocket blows up the building and then the bio gas is released on the garrisoned troops

Overlord tank fires napalm shells instead of using flame throwers mainly due to balance

Quad cannon (soviet heavy AA support) and Avenger (Allied heavy AA support) are added and commandche attack copter for allies

Flame tank voxel is changed to the one like in magic mans mod

Grenadier has been changed to a more conscript looking design and carries a grenade launcher also can clear out garrisoned buildings

Paradrops from airfields give more types of troops

Example soviets get 6 conscripts 3 grenadiers and 3 tesla troopers

Kirov blimps can bob up and down while idle

Abrams tank no longer shots prism beams at infantry though the shells it fires give the same shrapnel effect that prism tanks give when elite

Flame tanks and overlord tanks flames are upgraded to black napalm when elite

Pre release allied war factory, refinery, soviet barracks and battle lab are put in over the existing models

mirage tanks can take shape of other objects like lamp posts and rocks great for urban battles though now you need to set something on it before using it due to coding

May I say this Mod is looking to be one of the best mods ive seen, mostly cos its got nz in it but yeah.

is it YR or just RA2?

YR more coding abilities in it like the battlefortress logic

Oh and I got it hosted at revora's modding community so theres some new stuff there

http://forums.revora.net/index.php?showforum=1786

working on AI at the moment having some fun with the challenge

Well I messed up my rules ini when I was doing the 3rd side so the AI scripts don't seem to work with them so I decided to redo it and bring back yuri as a fighting for so there are 4 sides now I'll get a list up once I get finished with the new rulesmd ini

Long time due update

there are 4 working sides now I'm just updating Yuri at the moment

hopefully I'll be finished with that soon just need to add a few new units and effects and I'm done with a rough idea for them

Will add a new list of new Yuri and soviet and allied updates soon when I update my revora threads as well