Sign in to follow this  
vyper

Starcraft 2?

blizzard expected to announce a new game today. Goto starcraft2.com. this site is owned by blizzard btw, so its not a fansite or something. EA is about to get some serious competition what with both petroglyph and blizzard getting into the act once again........

Well like I said here on the Petro-Gamers forums, http://forums.petro-gamers.com/viewtopic.php?p=1020#1020

About damn time, they should have done Starcraft 2 years ago.

I'll be honest, the first screen shots (http://media.pc.ign.com/media/850/850126/imgs_1.html) don't really jump out and grab me. They look like Starcraft with a bit of polish. Is it even 3D? Looks like a Saturday morning kids cartoon show.

starcraft-2-IN1_1179566607-000.jpg

starcraft-2-IN2_1179566612-000.jpg

Yeah its kinda like WWIII cept not as crappy looking... Well yeah....

Regardless you know the game will be great when it comes out, they're not really into rushing games. I mean hell Starcraft Ghost got canned because it wasn't up to spec... :nod:

If this is gonna be like the previous starcraft, then I'm really gonna go and slit my wrists...what's so great about starcraft?? unless this one is gonna be like eaw with the planet system thingy then it would be cool :)

...World of Starcraft is propably gonna be next... :nod:

just looked at the screens, not bad, but not too different either.......

Looks like blizzard isnt gonna take too many risks with starcraft at least as far as the graphics r concerned......thats the problem with big franchises, you cant let your imagination get too out of hand or you risk losing the 'hardcore' fans. Petroglyph, on the other hand has the golden opportunity to create anything they possibly want.

well from the screenies it looks generals-ish, I've never played starcraft but now I'm kind of considering buying the first one and the expansion, is it like CNC? I know it's the same genre but is it just like CNC in space?

You really hsouldn't buy it, it's dissapointing, unless it's cheap, then it doesn't bother....It's kinda weird game, but it's cncish

well from the screenies it looks generals-ish, I've never played starcraft but now I'm kind of considering buying the first one and the expansion, is it like CNC? I know it's the same genre but is it just like CNC in space?
you will not regret buying sc1/broodwar....that is one of the best buys I've ever made ;)

If your going to buy StarCraft look around for the StarCraft: Battle Chest, I found it available on Amazon both new and used, cheap as well!

61FFPF0M4VL._SS400_.jpg

I know where I can find it just kind of thinking about it before I do, I might get it when I get a job (which is hopefully soon)

I'll be honest, the first screen shots don't really jump out and grab me. They look like Starcraft with a bit of polish. Is it even 3D? Looks like a Saturday morning kids cartoon show.

I don't think it's meant to be super omg awesome leet graphics. Blizzard has always been about pulling in anyone who will enjoy the game, instead of mere pandering. Anyone with a computer around 2003 or later will be able to install and enjoy, unlike most new games which require beast machines to play decently (like C&C3 and SupCom). That puts a lot of people off. WC3 was made in, what, 03? My Compaq with a P3 700 could play it without any slowdown except in big matches.

If this is gonna be like the previous starcraft, then I'm really gonna go and slit my wrists...

Please do so. You'd improve the overall intelligence of the human species. :roll:

It plays like Generals... or, Generals plays like StarCraft, which is an excellent thing since StarCraft has a winning formula.

Well, I don't know about any of you but I absolutely cannot wait! Maybe I am a Starcraft fanboy but I don't care. It's entertained me just as much as C&C has and I've been waiting for something new for a long time. Knowing Blizzard, they're keeping much of the game under wraps; they are notorious for tight-lipped when it comes to new games. Just look at how long they took to officially announce the two new races for WoW.

To all you negative nancies, go play the original. Blizzard has never disappointed with any of their offerings and this will be no different. However, when SC2 is a smash hit, don't bitch about it. :P

Honestly, I'm a fan of StarCraft, WarCraft & Diablo.

They all awesome & they never screw up.

General on the other hand, I give it 'great' & C&C3 is 'ok'.

These series gimme major headache coz its more on pc performance rather than smooth gaming experience. Gaming value, meh... I still play General while, C&C3, somewhat last 2 weeks. RA2 still have hot gaming value.

WarCraft3 gave me an awesome experience gaming, in 3D, of course.

and not much hastle when playing this. To compare, there a lot of mods for WC3..and now DOTA is 'in thing' in my place.

StarCraft is damn good, until now. Somehow, its bit dissapointing when they release StarCraft: Ghost in X-box. I read somewhere when Blizzard said that they wont release any continuation for SC. But SC3? Wow!

I cant believe this gonna happen.

Some say Gens is a failure for EA, maybe bcos they copying the formula from SC i think. Even thou its totally original, but for C&C series, it has no continuation from previous series.

SC, the return of 3 races, i think Blizzard making an impact after EA conquering RTS game nowadays. It have bigger 'world' than Gens, while C&C3 still revolve within Nod vs GDI conflict, and Scrin only addition to the twist.

adding to SS statement, I'm looking fwd to see someone commit suicide when SC3 release.

yeah the gameplay matters alot. But the gfx r definitely cartoonish some people just dont like that. The havok physics effects r nice though.

Anyway i'll probably buy this cause whatever it is , it looks enjoyable.

But you know, making the game 3D shouldnt just be a cosmetic thing, it should change the way you play the game. From the current videos it seems its basically the same old starcraft, with new units and research options. If they do something totally fresh and innovative then it will definitely make a better game. The space platforms gave me an idea that: why dont they make the whole thing rotatable, as in, aircraft can fly all around the platform, over it, under it etc, that would be cool. They could do so many innovative things if they want to. i'm sure blizzard has a few secrets that its gonna reveal in the future.

cosmetic is the onther hand, while gaming experience is the other.

refering to WC3, I say they can do better for the coming-soon-title. it just the matter of making scripts & programs.

If you happen to play or see Metal Fatigue, its much complicated than just fly around, above & below platform. Their craft flew to the orbit & if there happen to be a battle, the ground also will be effected.

anyway, if the it the same ol' SC, well, I'm happy with it. Its like there is continuation from previous story. I'm wondering what happend to Marshall Raynor & Sarah Kerrigan after the last battle?

and I hope they they can do better with Battle Crusier, Goliath, Ultralisk, Protoss Dragoon & Archon. wish to see more variety crafts, abilities & some power up.

I'm sick of Starcraft 2 already :roll:

I'm sick of Starcraft 2 already :roll:

Do you hear that? Do you? It's the sound of no one caring. :twisted:

then you can just stfu while the rest of us try to enjoy it :P

I don't like that there aren't any dragoons though :evil:

Pff...

This game seems more to me like Starcraft 1.5... I mean they "seem" to be reusing a hell of a lot of the same old units, and aside from the new graphics engine, kinda seems exactly the same as good old starcraft...

But I suppose we're see, they're only released some limited info on the Protoss and that so far so maybe I'll be proved wrong but still....

]I don't like that there aren't any dragoons though :evil:

There are. They just have a new name.

yeah..like Medium Tank, got registered to Predator Tank in Transport Department.

..and Nod Soldier to Militant in their IDs.

Sonic,

well yeah..you may get sick..

but we'll wait till SC2 release.

till then, hold on to air sickness bag.

Well they might as well worship something worthy if they're going to... :nod: