Sign in to follow this  
Leigen_Zero

[TS-FS] Modding Help

Hi, I am trying to create a mod that gives NOD tiberium mutants. I am trying to make a unit that deploys into the mouth-thingy that grows tiberium weed, I have found it and it is classed as terrain, and I am wondering how I can make the unit i described above, so that on deployment it becomes a tiberium weed monster thing.

Any help would be much appreciated

thanks

sorry but as far as i know something cant deploy into terrain and you cant build terrain

like the vien hole monster or the train track or a tree

the mutants. what do you want them to do eg health and cost

there are already 3 mutants witch are in the game but you should create new one because on many missions there are mutants that may change the game. if you dont already have TibEd download it unless you like going through the ini files its up to you but its easy and fast if you hate paying for stuff there is a 30 day free trial or a harder free editor found in cnc utilities with other stuff

Basically the idea is that an offshoot of NOD scientists have started messing around with tiberium and mutation and have split from NOD to do thier own research, as for costs and stuff i will work all that out

i have tibed already, that is what i am using for all my editing

would it be possible to create a building that causes tiberium weed to spread from it, then i could make a vehicle based mutant that deploys into a vein hole monster like the tick tank turns into a turret

no you cant do that you can make a building that looks like the monster but it will not act like it. I had a look into it for u. oh ye if u ever find out that u can do it the ground were ur going to place the monster must be one level lower then the ground around it or i think the ERROR message may come up

if u need my help il be in this forum from thursday to sunday. its a good idea i would of liked it to work it sounds grate

You can build terrain in a sense. Think Pavement on this one but constructing terrain is fairly specific. However, weeds are tied to the Veinhole Monster terrain type. Theoretically, you could plop one down as a building or possibly use a vehicle deployer but I wouldn't expect much. I'm willing to bet it won't work.

One more thing, avoid TibEd like the plague.

why avoid TibEd

i have been making units for ra2 from the day i joined this forum lol but i still dont know how to make a projectile fire from the barrel not the center of the turret could u please help me

TibEd is extremely limiting and it rapes the INI files, even Koen admits to that.

As for firing coordinates, use PrimaryFireFLH on the unit's art code.

oh well thanks and on ra2 were do i put muliplayer loading screen because i changed the name of iraq to rebels for this mod im making but there is no loading screen an error comes up. SS if u want il give u the not finished trial mod with some of the units and stuff but no missions to see wat u think and if its good il finish it and if its better il put it on yr