Sign in to follow this  
Luk3us

1.05 Impressions

What do you all think?

I've only play 4 games so far, 3 wins one loss... Its pretty good the patch, I've only faced GDI and Nod opponents thus far...

Pretty good I think, rocket guys are pretty cool, and Flame tanks are totally awesome against buildings... lol...

Still trying to download it

Unsurprisingly ea's servers arn't coping, so i'm only getting 6Kb/s from their 110MB file.

Hopefully fileplanet will save me.. once i've finished with their queue in 5 minutes time...

still, i'm looking forward to seeing black hand troopers marching around in the battlefield, and picking them off with my snipers :D

I love snipers... although i never really got to use them enough in 1.04.... oh yeah.. no more spidering!!!! YES!

Now if they only remove insta-deploy defenses, i'd be happy. (mastermind happyness excluded)

Now if they only remove insta-deploy defenses, i'd be happy. (mastermind happyness excluded)

Now that wouldn't be C&C. ;)

lol... Yeah its always nice to have a defensive structure just sitting on the console waiting for an attack. :P

*shrugs*

Perhaps, but i strongly believe games would be a lot more interesting, if people didn't turtle behind turrets so much.

Its incredibly frustrating when i have the superior firepower advantage, but i'm unable to level a base for fear of my army being eliminated by 2 surprise turrets.

*shrugs*, i just know the game would be so much more fun when actually leveling a base that's end-tech with troopers wasn't so risky.

At least spidering will have died out, which should make turrets so much harder to place now...

anyway...

the patch is now 98% compleate....

time to test out the changes... running around with zone troopers and espically those black hands should be fun....

Well, 1.05 is awesome, it really really is.

i've had about 4-5 games now, the highlights are

New Maps:

Wow, you'll just feel blown away by it, after having played TA over and over and over and over... they jsut look fantastic, and new tatics need to be developed.

Rocket Men. God yes.

I can't believe how many clusters of Assault carriers ive downed with them

They just don't die, ever!

Walkers, carriers, avatars, they all cower to a T-Enhanced rocket men formation. I've built more in 1 match against scrin, then i have in all my (80-ish) online games combined.

Flame tanks... They are still weak as, but watching 3 ZT descend next to 4 flame tanks, i was left laughing, they will burn any inf to a crisp in under a second, buildings are just as fragile.

Black Hand still kinda sucks however, $900 credits for troopers that aren't overly destructive... :/

Oh, and spidering is DEAD, its fantastic. Even expanding to that t-patch you spawn next to, is a small mission in itself. I'm honestly becoming inclined to spend $1k and use MCV's endgame, just to make sure it gets there and deploys intact.

Oh yeah, also just got ST rushed... surprisngly, when they blew up my PP, some of them died, like they unstealthed for a second allowing my shreader thing to kill a few...

Anyway, every build tatic i had learnt in 1.04 has pretty much worthless now, as it now plays out as the trash that it was.

Oh, and i shot down venoms with rocketmen!!! their new range is fantastic, instead of running into the venoms and getting killed, they fire miles away, and the venoms have to come to them :D!

rah, enough ranting, time for death note 34, then some more cnc :D

oh yeah...

Stealthed Flame tanks...

Before in 1.04, yeah... they were ok, often i'd be able to run in 4-5 of them, and manage to burn down their MCV and maybe a building or 2

1.05, it costs a lot more to do it, tanks cost 1.2k, stealth costs 3k, but wow, just wow.

I just leveled an entire base so fast, my opponent's head must of spun, 4 tanks, 1 on the mvc, 1 on his portals, 1 on his tech tree, the other on his refinery

Now if only the blackhand was as powerful...

I notice that games last longer, so much so I played a 25-30 odd minute game the other day, then my connection died :(, but yeah long...

That being said, most of my games still clock in at just under or above the 10 minute mark. :nod:

Also, there is nothing finer, than moving down lots of little rocket guys with scrops hahaha... :nod: What is it with C&C players and massing lots of the same unit?

What is it with C&C players and massing lots of the same unit?

Have you played TD or TS online? Luk3us, come play it with me and you'll see... Oh... you'll see. :twisted:

Yeah I realise that, but still this isn't meant to be a single unit rushing game....

Yeah I realise that, but still this isn't meant to be a single unit rushing game....

I know, but still, the diehard TD and TSers will do it. :P

realize* :P

oh god so much is different.... vehicles are weaker! nod being more annoying.... nod always deploys SOMETHING that annoys me, and in the past going agianst a medium steamstroller really annoyed me... they were nod, of course i got the wall mod so that was useful but still THEY GOT SO ANNOYING i deployed about 10 sonic emitters and they constantly sent troops to my base, of course i found out the comp had taken over about 8-9 tiberium fields and had 28 war factorys so that was why....

atleast i hold them backa nd had 20 hawks to make sure there temple DIES and rocketmen were annoying, of course things got easier when i captured a warfactory made a few nod mcv's ran into my base and killed a few small nod bases..... THIS PATCH BORES ME it makes nod more annoying.

come on.... railguns 5000? predators and mammoths were my tanks!!! and waiting 2 mins until they get good? and spend $5000 on 1 upgrade? ridiculas

oh god so much is different.... vehicles are weaker! nod being more annoying.... nod always deploys SOMETHING that annoys me, and in the past going agianst a medium steamstroller really annoyed me... they were nod, of course i got the wall mod so that was useful but still THEY GOT SO ANNOYING i deployed about 10 sonic emitters and they constantly sent troops to my base, of course i found out the comp had taken over about 8-9 tiberium fields and had 28 war factorys so that was why....

atleast i hold them backa nd had 20 hawks to make sure there temple DIES and rocketmen were annoying, of course things got easier when i captured a warfactory made a few nod mcv's ran into my base and killed a few small nod bases..... THIS PATCH BORES ME it makes nod more annoying.

come on.... railguns 5000? predators and mammoths were my tanks!!! and waiting 2 mins until they get good? and spend $5000 on 1 upgrade? ridiculas

Ha ha, your crappy massing tactics fail and you got pwned by a medium AI. *Point&laugh*

On a serious note, I love the patch, it makes online play more diverse and challenging. LOVE the rocket guys.

"Ha ha, your crappy massing tactics fail and you got pwned by a medium AI. *Point&laugh*"

wow nothing you said was even remotley correct

did i say anything about massing my opponent? no

did i say i got pwned? no all your doing is assuming.

all i said was it got even more annoying while facing nod, steamrollers arnt much of a big deal because they just keep sending rather then protect there base. i only mass if im very bored and feel like overwhelming my opponent with a giant army

i had 10 sonic emitters up but only 4 of them were getting the attention. plus i only use alot of air to destroy there super weapons and important buildings, i use smaller strong forces to kill them, such like going around there base with 4 mammoths, 2 juggers, 3 apcs with grenaiers in them and i take out there base then there factorys, doesnt take long

Yea I love this patch more and more as I play. Online you see people using different build orders and crap it's awesome. You have to make sure you don't have one type of unit on the field and diversify. EA did a bang-up job, now all they need to do is make minor tweaks.

it can be good to change the balance of the games, because everyone must change there tactics, some pple lose there fav tactic some get owned by good new tactics, i personally dont like some of these changes, mainly because i would have to wait long enough for the rail guns for mammoth and predator tanks, now they increase it by $2000 and increase the time... then they weaken mammoth tansk which i loved using

it can be good to change the balance of the games, because everyone must change there tactics, some pple lose there fav tactic some get owned by good new tactics, i personally dont like some of these changes, mainly because i would have to wait long enough for the rail guns for mammoth and predator tanks, now they increase it by $2000 and increase the time... then they weaken mammoth tansk which i loved using

I disagree with every opinion you've ever posted, and disagree with everyone opinion you'll ever post in advance.

so why not stop being an asshole and do this through a pm rather then trying to show off in some way trying to show how "awsome" you are. the first part of what i said was rather true, including sense EA did say pple will have to adapt to new tactics, and alot of older tactics will change because of these new tactics pple must come up with, it can be good it can be bad. Now it would be appreciated if you Dont stop trying to make a flame war, because if it ever does, it wont go in your favor and all it will do is get us into trouble. so deal with me thru pm rather then making pointless off topic posts

so why not stop being an asshole and do this through a pm rather then trying to show off in some way trying to show how "awsome" you are. the first part of what i said was rather true, including sense EA did say pple will have to adapt to new tactics, and alot of older tactics will change because of these new tactics pple must come up with, it can be good it can be bad. Now it would be appreciated if you Dont stop trying to make a flame war, because if it ever does, it wont go in your favor and all it will do is get us into trouble. so deal with me thru pm rather then making pointless off topic posts

Learn grammar dude. I'm usually tolerant of it (ask Zee Hypnotist if you want proof I ain't just being an asshole) but damn, I've had to argue you and zip through your grammar. "Dont stop trying to make a flame war"... K.

He's not flaming you, he's stating what he will do and basically everyone here.... Everything you state is almost against what everyone else here thinks. You came from the EA Official forums... Why the hell did you leave? You seem like you'd totally fit in! Here you don't. Here, I'll put my stereotypical Southern-nessity to use. "We don't like your kind 'round here, boy". Sorry but true. You've blasted the past C&C games, and almost everyone here is a C&C VETERAN. That means we treasure and hold the older C&C games to our hearts, and you insulted them. That is like a blow to our heart and what we treasure. Most of us here think C&C 3 is a good game, multiplayer-wise and AI, but the story sucks. It's EA's C&C now, not the true, original C&C.

Also it would go in Woofna's favor. Respected member who really is not out-right flaming you vs. You is already on horrible terms with everyone here.

You will be welcomed here if you don't share your opinions that often. And why yes, that is my opinion...

wow guess its a good thing ive never even clicked a link to the "official" ea forums eh? never been there never said i have, sont dont assume i have. and technically ive been the ones thats been insulted, offended they may have but thats different then insulting. Also i never hated the older C&C games, never said i did.

I wasnt a big fan of the poor graphic scenes, but that is understandable, they werent rich, storyline was ok to me, i liked the C&C 3 storyline though, doesnt exactly continue where last left off, but you never know what might of happend between games, remember it was many many years sense tiberian sun and firestorm.

i already realised i shouldnt give out my full opinions and "true" like material, and i realised most pple have a one track mind about the games No offense.

wow guess its a good thing ive never even clicked a link to the "official" ea forums eh? never been there never said i have, sont dont assume i have. and technically ive been the ones thats been insulted, offended they may have but thats different then insulting. Also i never hated the older C&C games, never said i did.

I wasnt a big fan of the poor graphic scenes, but that is understandable, they werent rich, storyline was ok to me, i liked the C&C 3 storyline though, doesnt exactly continue where last left off, but you never know what might of happend between games, remember it was many many years sense tiberian sun and firestorm.

i already realised i shouldnt give out my full opinions and "true" like material, and i realised most pple have a one track mind about the games No offense.

Thought you were from the official forums since SS said the comment in your intro thread. Hated the older C&Cs? Yea... I consider you calling the older games storylines trash as hating them because to me the story is the game. Dis the story you dis the game...

Poor graphics scene? Tell me, did you play these games just recently? Or did you play them when they came out? When they came out... There were the ****. They were awesome. Look back at Starcraft's cinematics. Crap if you compared it to today's stuff, but it was the greatest back then. Same applies here. You reallly can't pass judgement like that if you just played those games anywhere from 2004-now. Cause of course it'll look bad.

Now the continuation... Okay, 40 years passed from TD and TS yet everything seem to fit the puzzle great. With C&C 3... Not so much... CABAL was going to have a way bigger role. The Forgotten were going to have a way bigger role. EA completely trashed these elements because hell, I bet they just didn't really wanna bother with them. The least they could of done was show a video of CABAL's bunkering getting scudded at least. Nope, just a paragraph on how. Anything on the powerful and formible Forgotten? Eh, just a paragraph or two..

You can give out your full opinions... Just don't do it here. That isn't a command but a strong recommentation. You've seen what I and others had to think. You are more a newbie, or new type of C&C generation. CNCNZ always been more geared towards "Home of the Veterans!" which was CNCNZ's motto for a long time and just recently changed. You coming to realize that has greatly approved my thoughts about you though. Know that. But know, we're C&C veterans baby, and we like the old school stuff, ya 'heard?

i never said i hated the story or the gameplay.. you guys keep assuming, i just wasnt a big fan of the cutscenes, hate is a strong word. Ive played these games for years, my brother played the first C&C and WC2 before i even got interested, even then the scenes werent that good to me. and its not passing judgement, ive seen it in the past, and present and im still not a fan of it and think the scenes had poor graphics, but that was fine its understandable

Go back to other games from that time and watch their cutscenes... Holy crap...

Hate? I say tomato, you say tamato. You said you didn't like the past games' stories. I can find and pick out the quote(s).

but the others really kinda made no sense anyway, C&C 3's storyline made more sense in the game then the others did. So why you complaining about the storyline?

and my eyes are getting blurry lulz so no more lookin for me.

oh and just to counter something from the other thread (since you're not countering my points anymore...)

that is your opinion, unless actually stated by the creators everything else pple say would either be a guess or a opinion

Uhh... The original story writers over at Petro have said that they pretty much screwed up and C&C 3 is the "new C&C, EA's C&C". The original and true C&C is dead.