Sign in to follow this  
Woofna

I really like C&C3

I really like C&C3. They've done well. We've got a new game that is very much new, but at times, I truly do feel like I'm playing Tiberian Sun. It's very graphically pleasing and the storyline is good. The acting is excellent -- a bit overdone, true to the C&C franchise. The gameplay is fast and fluid, never too one sided -- I've played matches with some pretty big twists. It's open and you have many, many methods of how to play, you really control the battlefield ... and multiplayer, even in some single-player, it's a real rush. I would like to thank, and congradulate EALA for a good game that I have, and will continue to enjoy, and I look forward to the next installment in the C&C Saga.

They didn't do a half-bad job. This is no Sole Survivor. This is a hell of a game that brought in a lot of new people.

:clap:

I will agree, however EA is pretty damn insane sometimes.

The story could have been better really. I just like to think of C&C3 as an entirely new C&C, and thus anything that came before isn't valid any longer. Which is true really since its now EA's C&C. But I'm sure they can build on it in future. :nod:

C&C 3 is not the greatest game ever, not even close. Its still well done, there is a lot to like but it still has many short comings.

The storyline could have been better yes, but most modern games these days are short on story.

As for the acting, some good, some not so good. Its great to see Joe back as Kane, Tricia Helfer was good. I enjoyed seeing Michael Ironside in the game. By far the worst actor was Jennifer Morrison (Kirce James), no emotion, its as if she read everything off cue cards or something.

I see C&C3 as a rebirth of the C&C franchise. Its not the direct continuation of TS/FS that the long time players wanted, its a remake and the eventual expansion pack should continue the story along nicely in EA's vision of course.

There was ironside, then there was the cool somewhat asian girl who had intel, then there was this screamingly annoying girl who told you what to do during missions. I could have acted better than that. That woman made me want to let nod win.

Well apparently she did her entire part in just one day. So its not all that surprising it was kidna forced at times... But to be fair I've seen a hell of a lot worse...

Besides she's hot, so who cares. :P:haha:

Now you need to let me play you Woofna so I can beat you with pitbull spam... My new favourite tactic. :nod:

Cranes, cranes, cranes! Refineries, refineries, harversters, harvesters, war factories, tech centers, mammoths, rush, victory!

Pitbull rush? Impossible to do, unless you start with 40k credits...

Naa. Its the new big craze far as I can see. So much so I decided to join in. lol. :P

Can I just ask Woofna how long you've been playing this game for? Because after a week, or even a few weeks, you'll look back on it and realise its shortcomings.

They should have put more development time into the game. It felt rushed, and it could have been done alot better than what was given to us at the start. As far as RTS games go this year, this one has not been the best by far. It's a clone that completely took much disregard to the existing storyline and caused plain insult to the story writers who worked on TS & Firestorm.

As so-called passionate C&C players (who they claimed they were) the story should have been at the forefront of their minds and they should have done it justice. It was clear to me that it wasn't from the moment I saw the first Nod video when Killian Qatar said Tiberium arrived on earth in 1995. Which was wrong, it landed in the early 90's if not earlier.

As Canon goes the war Started in August 1995. Even if Tiberium had crashed landed in Italy in that January of 95, it would be realistically impossible for Tiberium to spread, for humans to research, for Nod to rise and for the world to set up Tiberium as it's primary economic resource in around 8 months. Something like this would take no less than 3-5 years minimum...

From that point I actually knew the story was going to be full of loopholes an inconsistant babble that didn't remain true.

Hell Kane didn't even Kill someone himself when he found out who Nod's traitor was (edited for spoilers just in case).. He got one of EALA's cleaners to do it! And Kane didn't seem that pissed off before that traitor was killed. There are just too many storyline inconsistancies, poor music and hell knows what else to say that the team who made this were passionate about the C&C Franchise! God I hate this game! :roll:

As some people have pointed out. What is the best feature of of C&C 3... Many replied (and I quote):

the uninstall button

:haha:

and guess what? all of that was just your opinion. Give them a break, westwood is gone and they tried making it best they could with the storyline and all. and it most likely did crash on earth in 1995.... why are you saying there wrong and saying your right? and due its a game....

they dont have to make things so realistic to where they make absolute sense to the pple who freak out about every little error they find, they can do whatever they want. They wanted another C&C game they gave us one, if you dont like it then simply dont play it, dont complain about it and tell everyone it is bad when it is your opinion.

It isn't bad, but neither is it the best C&C. As far as making sequels is concerned, EA didn't to it well for the C&C franchise... Westwood isn't dead, it was just reborn under Pteroglyph, as far as I'm concerned...

if i remember right EA bought westwood, or westwood ran out of money and died... i cant remember or am i thinking of the fallout 3 sequal?

and guess what? all of that was just your opinion. Give them a break, westwood is gone and they tried making it best they could with the storyline and all. and it most likely did crash on earth in 1995.... why are you saying there wrong and saying your right? and due its a game....

Because I've been in this community for almost 10 solid years now and I have lived and breathed the C&C storyline for that long. Westwood have gone now, im over that. What im not over though is the blatant butchering of the storyline.

It is not just my opinion though. This game has almost upset more C&C fans than it has pleased. Its far-reaching to say this C&C is anywhere close to being as good as the original games. C&C 3 is nothing more than a mess made by people who failed to understand the complexity of the franchise. So instead of spending time doing the game justice, the lazy bastards did it their own way. Which in my eyes killed off the chance of finding out the real answers hidden within the storyline.

C&C will not be the same in the eyes of the Veteran's. And for the record I don't play this game any more. I just like to kick it while it's down, becuase I despise it that much. :D

Its clear that everyone, including EA, are just focused on multiplayer now anyway. I've said it before. Due the changes introduced in 1.05 C&C 3 is now slipping in the Generals only multiplayer mode. Because that's all Generals was, a **** single player campaign tacked on to a multiplayer game.

And what do I mean by that? Simple really. C&C 3's single player is better than what Generals offered but its still very weak. There is nothing for them to improve on. Patch 1.05, while needed, only balances multiplayer. And when you think about it C&C 3 has been built around multiplayer from the start with whole RTS as sport theme. The pushing of C&C 3 into the WCG is another clue.

Its time to face facts here. EALA did a great job, they made a fun multiplayer game. But sadly they failed with single player, ruined the story. Like Saracen said, it just doesn't match the greatness of the storyline laid out by the original C&C, TS and most importantly Firestorm. There is just to much left out, skipped past or blatantly ignored. What makes thing really sad is Westwood had the main plot line for the C&C saga planned out for years, but for unexplained reasons EALA seem insistent on making changes in their vision. And what do these changes show in the final product, that is was quicker and easier to do.

EALA is not Westwood and they don't have the talent and creativity to create a deep and rich story to carry on the legacy. But they did the best they could with the resources they had.

And the only thing that this thread achieves is it probably means we fall off APOC's so called favourites list :roll:

Like I give a **** anyway.

actually westwood used to be part of EA.... until some of EA broke apart and they made there own company, westwood. Which then started C&C. Westwood became once agian a part of EA, i dont think any of the creators were in the making, but alot of the original storyline really made no sense, well on nods part it didnt atleast. the new version made alot more sense, and only had plotholes if you compare it with the older ones. They cant give every player what they want, you need to stop and think about it. They did a hell of a job making it, even though the patch does kinda ruin some of it, but it is still a fun game, yes they did ruin some of the old cool stuff and added some things that were in dawn of war(the squad thing) the storyline may not fit exactly like the other ones, but the others really kinda made no sense anyway, C&C 3's storyline made more sense in the game then the others did. So why you complaining about the storyline?

Well i kinda liked the game but TS was much better.

Btw can u guys check this dude . I realy like is music .

PLay as Nod on the expansion with this kind of music would be sweet :P

What do u guys think ?

He's good, would have provided a better soundtrack to C&C 3... But still has nothing on the great Frank Klepacki :wink:

the storyline may not fit exactly like the other ones, but the others really kinda made no sense anyway, C&C 3's storyline made more sense in the game then the others did. So why you complaining about the storyline?

The storyline in the Originals made perfect sense. They were just complex, and created with Extraordinary vision. The story was written in such a way to add suspense for the next game. Things were left out in order to spawn community interest, add speculative debate, and to fuel the community as a whole.

Look around you now, do you see 10, 20, 50 or so threads in this forum concerning the sheer cliffhanger of a storyline that C&C 3 set up? Of course not, cos there wasn't one and no one cares, it was crap, and the game has not fuelled hundreds of storyline speculation threads quite simply because it's was just pure bull****!

yet agian that was your opinion, not a fact

Okay, whatever. Put the community majority thought the story suffered. And how ****ing dare you say the past stories were bad. Man, if you can't appreciate those, well... Man, you just got some problems.

AND HAHAHAHH! I JUST READ IT! The patch RUINED IT?! HA ****ING HA! That patch is a like Jesus returning to Earth. Ohh, were you the person thats like "omfg i want to just spam scorpions and win, but now I have to think and put effort into winning, waaaaaaaaaaaah"

Lol... You really do have some odd opinions.

So to copy you, "it's your opinion."

Lol why are youn getting mad over this? and is there a reason your mumbling things i never even said? and actually if you want my opinion on the past stories, they pretty much sucked. i can understand westood was limited but there storyline was that good, of course it is an old game and the scenes were pretty cheesy, however i thought(besides no ending movie) that C&C 3 had a good storyline. Lol not liking the story or thinking it didnt make much sense doesnt mean i have probloms, obviously you have "some" probloms because the fact your freaking out and getting offended over a stupid thing.

"AND HAHAHAHH! I JUST READ IT! The patch RUINED IT?! HA ****ing HA! That patch is a like Jesus returning to Earth. Ohh, were you the person thats like "omfg i want to just spam scorpions and win, but now I have to think and put effort into winning, waaaaaaaaaaaah"

Actually i dont spam with scorpians, i use 4 mammoth tanks to do the job, and use air attacks to shut down the comps advantage(defenses,superweapons etc) atleast that post shows how mature you really are, how old are you 13? shouldnt act like your being funny when your not, and acting like your right.

majority? no you dont realise how many pple play this game and love it. some dont like the storyline some do, some dont like the game and others do. Dont assume its majority when you dont even know, a few people doesnt mean your right.[/size]

Look at the polls. There's a few on sites and I thought CNCNZ but maybe not... And you're talking about skirmish, okay fine. I'll give you that. Played online? You HAD to spam to win. Simple as that really...

It's my opinion, I can shout as I damn please as well as your's... But your's it sounds like you don't even know about some of stuff you're talking about... Past stories were sound and great, they had tons of content and it was a great sci-fi story. EA did drop the ball on it. If you hated the past stories, why the hell did you even buy C&C 3? If I hate 1, even 2 games in a series I'd never buy the 3rd. Yet you did? What compelled you to think EA could do a better job than Westwood, even the fact that you hated the past games story's? Seriously. I loved the past stories, that's why I bought this game.

But the story lacked. It's not really true C&C anymore. There, I finally acknowledge that. The only 2 things that make it seem like it are tiberium and Kane... There's no CABAL, there's no ion storms running rampid, no mutant (storyline wise). It lacks. It's a good solid story, but it's suppose to be a continuation off of the past C&C games, and it's not.

Oh, and you calling me 13? That's just funny... :roll:

Lol have you even beaten tiberiun sun and expansion? have you seen all the clips? everyone tried killing kabal because of what he was doing, and the ending of that was pretty cheesy and stupid... they showed kane as part of cyborg that kabal made, it would be pretty stupid to show a basement where kane was a cyborg??? i dont think fans would like that, graphics in the CLIPS not the gameplay (even though wasnt that good either but still fun) graphics both in gameplay and storymode were excellant, tiberiun sun and expansion werent that good, westwood wasnt rich, nto even as rich as EA games.... and swarming with scorpians may be your "primary" move in online, but it isnt mine, doesnt take much skill to spam with scorps.... also i wasnt talking about easy on skirmish.... i was talking about brutal

polls mean nothing unless there in the thousands, 30 pple isnt majority.... and no they didnt have alot of content.... i guess you fail too see that and be ignorant, i never really liked the scenes that much because of how poorly they were made... only reason of that prob is because on how low of money they had. If it says command & conquer its part of the series wether you like it or not. i personaly liked generals, it took place during the "present" time which would be good for once, didnt have to take palce 50 years in the future, there is nothing, NOTHING that says command & conquer has to take place in the future. red alert 1 and 2 were more of present time (besides the extra advanced crap) even though red alert was a part of the tiberiun series >.>

I hate to burst your C&C 3 bubble there punwisp but we know for fact for that EALA's storyline for C&C 3 is very different to what Westwood originally planned, we know that the events from TS/Firestorm have been virtually overlooked in most aspects. How do we know this? Because of the cool guys at Petroglyph, the original C&C creators, they have been very open talking about the past C&C games and the new C&C 3 for many months now.

C&C 3 is fun to play, its fast, has some good stuff, Kane is there. But storyline wise it fails.... fails miserably.

You questioned me playing past C&Cs which just shows... Wow. I've been defending them, naaa, I've never played them... Yet I defend them, think about it... Really hard. Also Sonic just basically "wtf pwned" you so yep.

Just to tell you also, the reason C&C Generals was not C&C... Well now that I think about, it should be obvious. No MCV, no ties to other C&C series, and I guess you're a C&C guy who doesn't pay attention to detail and doesn't appreciate the complexity of Westwood's story (does EA pay you?) so I'll point it out to you:

Kane in RA1 cinematics. Go to 27:47, 21:10, 34:40 in this video. Red Alert series and the tiberium series were suppose to tie together, making them C&C, Generals was separate. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3592895485098159959