Sign in to follow this  
Woofna

I really like C&C3

Hi. I forgot I had a comp for a week, sorry.

WOW. I just said I liked the game, I didn't mean to start World War III here.

Beow-- fy- ss -- ...wtf? --that guy is gonna lock this thread if it gets much worse.

Dude, stop the name thing!

Lol have you even beaten tiberiun sun and expansion? have you seen all the clips? everyone tried killing kabal because of what he was doing, and the ending of that was pretty cheesy and stupid... they showed kane as part of cyborg that kabal made, it would be pretty stupid to show a basement where kane was a cyborg??? i dont think fans would like that, graphics in the CLIPS not the gameplay (even though wasnt that good either but still fun) graphics both in gameplay and storymode were excellant, tiberiun sun and expansion werent that good, westwood wasnt rich, nto even as rich as EA games.... and swarming with scorpians may be your "primary" move in online, but it isnt mine, doesnt take much skill to spam with scorps.... also i wasnt talking about easy on skirmish.... i was talking about brutal

polls mean nothing unless there in the thousands, 30 pple isnt majority.... and no they didnt have alot of content.... i guess you fail too see that and be ignorant, i never really liked the scenes that much because of how poorly they were made... only reason of that prob is because on how low of money they had. If it says command & conquer its part of the series wether you like it or not. i personaly liked generals, it took place during the "present" time which would be good for once, didnt have to take palce 50 years in the future, there is nothing, NOTHING that says command & conquer has to take place in the future. red alert 1 and 2 were more of present time (besides the extra advanced crap) even though red alert was a part of the tiberiun series >.>

Dude, you're fighting with veterans that were here when Dune II came out, and you can't even spell CABAL.

FAIL.

Oh my, I need to pick this apart more.

Lol have you even beaten tiberiun sun and expansion? have you seen all the clips?

LOL, yes.

everyone tried killing kabal because of what he was doing, and the ending of that was pretty cheesy and stupid... they showed kane as part of cyborg that kabal made, it would be pretty stupid to show a basement where kane was a cyborg???

The ending sent a chill down my spine, when Kane showed up, and I immiately wanted more. I then craved the next C&C. So Westwood did a great job.

i dont think fans would like that, graphics in the CLIPS not the gameplay (even though wasnt that good either but still fun) graphics both in gameplay and storymode were excellant, tiberiun sun and expansion werent that good, westwood wasnt rich, nto even as rich as EA games

EA games is super rich. Westwood was somewhat small and cozy. I liked that better. So what if their graphics weren't cutting-edge? That's not what RTS is about!

.... and swarming with scorpians may be your "primary" move in online, but it isnt mine, doesnt take much skill to spam with scorps.... also i wasnt talking about easy on skirmish.... i was talking about brutal

O NOEZ NOT BRUTAL!?

You douche. I've never played on "easy" before. That changes nothing about needing tactics.

polls mean nothing unless there in the thousands, 30 pple isnt majority.... and no they didnt have alot of content.... i guess you fail too see that and be ignorant, i never really liked the scenes that much because of how poorly they were made... only reason of that prob is because on how low of money they had.

They weren't really made poorly ... they had a LOT of content ... Westwood had the money, they just used it in making a good game, not focusing on great graphics that no one cares about.

If it says command & conquer its part of the series wether you like it or not. i personaly liked generals, it took place during the "present" time which would be good for once, didnt have to take palce 50 years in the future, there is nothing,

We know that. We're familiar with the fact that it is a series.

Generals took place a dozen or so years in the future. Tibtawn was moreso the present than generals. We don't have hovering repair drones right now, do we?

NOTHING that says command & conquer has to take place in the future.

Except the canon and storyline, you douche.

red alert 1 and 2 were more of present time (besides the extra advanced crap) even though red alert was a part of the tiberiun series >.>

RA1 took place in an alternate WWII, and RA2 took place in some alternate 80's time ... we don't really acknowledge that as part of the C&C history.

You fail, dude. Stop breathing my air.

I was considering changing this threads name to "Come pwn Punwisp!" :P

Unfortunately Punwisp you've picked the wrong place to argue what you believe to be right. This is one of the most Hardcore forum communities around, and to try and tell people different than what they know to be true is treading on really thin ice.

Many of us have been around 10 years and some of us here have been playing RTS games around 1989 before the Genre was created by Dune II. (Herzog Zwei & Megalomania FTW!) You do not wish to argue too heavily here, because these guys, so far, are being quite kind. You don't wanna make them use the big guns.

Just a little advice that I suggest you follow.

heh i find it funny all most of you did is say the EXACT same thing ive said in my posts and just added more detail

plus cabal made that version of kane so technically that wasnt actualy kane.

I KNOW RA 1 was a part of the tiberium series, i SAID THAT.

all you guys are doing is re-wording some of the stuff i say and posting it

They weren't really made poorly ... they had a LOT of content ... Westwood had the money, they just used it in making a good game, not focusing on great graphics that no one cares about.

that last part was your opinion (doesnt matter if i keep saying that its true at what alot of you say is mostly a opinion)

"Generals took place a dozen or so years in the future. Tibtawn was moreso the present than generals. We don't have hovering repair drones right now, do we? "

did you even read what i said? i said it took place around present time with more advancements

A1 took place in an alternate WWII, and RA2 took place in some alternate 80's time ... we don't really acknowledge that as part of the C&C history.
"

heh it is part of the C&C series wether you like it or not, command& conquer doesnt have to mean tiberium or have anything to do with it, that isnt why it was called C&C

OMG NO MCV like that really matters, and it doesnt have to have ties, i can understand the storyline or anything has to do with msot of the others, but generals had to do with usa vs iraq, like the war going on now, they just turned it into a game. Either way its part of the C&C series, maybe not part fo the tiberium series but it is C&C game

and I guess you're a C&C guy who doesn't pay attention to detail and doesn't appreciate the complexity of Westwood's story (does EA pay you?) so I'll point it out to you:

"Kane in RA1 cinematics. Go to 27:47, 21:10, 34:40 in this video. Red Alert series and the tiberium series were suppose to tie together, making them C&C, Generals was separate.

"

did you just find that out? ive known that for years... before red alert 2 red alert and tiberium are tied together, red alert 2 they just made as a sequal to when allied beat russia.

if you think about the previous story it wouldnt exactly make that much sense to continue where they left off, cabal basically betrayed most of nod and wanted "his" version,

kane wouldnt want that, nor would he liked the other siding with GDI against cabal and try to kill GDI after. when they thought kane was dead cabal had a cyborg, prob a clone of kane. in C&C they changed it around a bit, but who knows maybe something happend between the games that caused C&C tot ake palces, after all so many years have past send tiberiun sun

technically it didnt fail, maybe it wasnt up to some pple's standards but its part of the storyline now whether you like it or not, its just like dbz and gt, original creator never took part in gt, and alot of pple hated gt, but it is still part of the db universe.

C&C 3 is fun to play, its fast, has some good stuff, Kane is there. But storyline wise it fails.... fails miserably.

that is your opinion, unless actually stated by the creators everything else pple say would either be a guess or a opinion

Use the quote feature my friend, because, that is just a wall of text, and I won't be bothered to read it. You're pretty bad at hiprocity thoguh from what I've read.. I've read more now [this is an edit] but I can't tell where some quotes end and begin.

Use this.

[quote]texttext[/quote]

i know how to quote, and if you guys want me to i will, ill edit my previous post now, i just useually just use " but thats fine

i know how to quote, and if you guys want me to i will, ill edit my previous post now, i just useually just use " but thats fine

You should just stop posting and leave this site. =

Well, yes, EA ignored big parts of the TS/FS storyline. But you have to understand that it has been 7 years since TS. That's what, two, three generations of gamers? You couldn't expect EA to make a game with a storyline wich is pretty obscure for anyone except for us hardcore fans. They had to make a plot that anyone could understand, so that they could sell more. Can you really blame someone for doing his job? :roll:

Now the storyline in itself was good, with quite a few twists. After all Kane losing the war intentionally just to call the Scrin to Earth was quite surprising, perhaps the biggest plot twist in C&C storyline (except for the FS final, of course). What I didn't really like was the lack of action CG clips (why did they cut the Zone trooper fmv? Why?), the unedited-ness of some FMVs, and the fact that they just split the story in two, leaving the second part for an expansion.

This is going nowhere... Opinions clash, no need to tell everyone that, but to literally gut someone's throat for having the opposite opinion... Punwisp, accept that at least most of us here are loyal to C&C... The story might have failed, but it is STILL C&C. It retains some of the things that made C&C one of the best RTS games, at least for us... It has Kane, it has Nod, it Has GDI, it has some of the units and weapons from the older games, and the story does fail, but not UTTERLY, it only overlooks some facts from the old C&C by Westwood, but at least they TRIED. EALA can do better if we, the community, SUGGEST **** to them, not CALL THEM ****, like you have done Punwisp. I don't intend to bang about you, but I think somewhat you've gone a bit far off the line. And after all, you're a new member. A little bit of respect to the older members wouldn't kill you, right? Or maybe you're just a naive kid, the REAL 13 year old here. :roll:

if you mean call the series or games s*** that was incorrect, i never said it was, i love C&C 3 and the rest of the games, but ive really only liked the C&C 3 storyline because it isnt old and they have alot of money to do amazing things. i really think that werent "trying" to make it like the older story, but sorta made there own to there liking. And what happend to one of my posts?? did someone delete it? Or did it not submit :/. Well i said if any of you have a problom with me then settle it through pm not here

and actually i didnt call anyone s**** havent really said any insults like that. if i did, more have been sent to me then i have sent to them.

Also alot that was said was opinions not fact

also does anyone know why there isnt a ending movie??? for any side?

i really think that werent "trying" to make it like the older story

Gee, ya wonder why a lot of us are PISSED? What the **** have we been arguing... Omfg...

You should just stop posting and leave this site. =

I'm usually not this rude but QFT.

Ok. In a nutshell, the game is ok in all aspects, except the story.