Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

CNCNZ 10 Logo Contest (Cancelled)

While we do have a logo for CNCNZ 10 on display I feel someone with skill can do a better job.

I'm officially putting out the challenge to anyone to design a new CNCNZ 10 logo. Be creative, use your imagination. Your going to need the font file used on the CNCNZ.com logo, download it using the link below.

dl_icon.gif CNCNZ.com Font File

The logo should obviously say CNCNZ.com and 10 Years or something similar in it. And try to avoid the use of any copyrighted C&C material.

And keep in mind that the logo has the possibility of be transferred to a T-Shirt. Thats why we can't use copyrighted C&C material.

If your logo design is picked you will get a free CNCNZ 10 shirt, a C&C 3 GDI shirt, plus a copy of C&C 3*

Post your designs in this thread.

*EA Link version of Command & Conquer 3, not a retail boxed copy

This is what i have so far, just need a bg image, any critiques? yeah, I know it's amateur and luk3 or some1 will blow it away but I'm trying anyways, and it's not transparent, the bg is just black for now

Edit: got a bg image

Edit 2: I'm just looking for opinions on this one, I know it's nothing special but I wanna know what u guys think of it

Edit 3: Revised the image again

cncnzlogorevision2.png

I dunno - wouldn't this image fall under copyright issues?

I guess this is the intrinsic problem with a design that we would sell. Unless the shirt is a private joke - we need something to link the name with the product. But everything relating to the product would have some copyright issues.

Which is obviously why Sonic has started the way he has, and why I was suggesting artwork 'inspired' by existing stuff, or my silly idea of a montage of people who congregate here.

I guess sonic the question is - are you celebrating the game or celebrating the site. You and King did the game, so I guess we should focus on the site... and therefore you should focus on the people who come here.

By the fans... for the fans!

cue: image of electical fan with cnc logo.

I guess with negative articles by King, we don't have enough good will to get some sort of 'permission' or 'deal' to use EA's copyrighted material for this one-off deal.

Could we take one of their shirts and add our logo??? ;p

-gben

i say we do something specific to cncnz....this is a celebration of cncnz not cnc itself

also, the shirt should be as cool as possible so i could actually wear it if i buy it..

we need a mascot :P

yeha... a mascot!

We need a fluffy, beanbag type version of some sort of tiberium creature for our mascot. Quick... lets patent it before EA does!!!!!!

I just realised we could make our very own MUTANT TIBERIUM SHEEP. LOL. It kills two birds with one stone - its C&C and it's NZ all wrapped up into one!

Tiberium Field or Mutant Kiwi Sheep... You decide

http://www.maj.com/gallery/denmon0728/My-t...s/fiendgame.png

-gben

hmmmmm

a cool looking tiber kiwi...sounds awesome...

but lets not refer to it as a tiber kiwi...to avoid copyright?

... the mascot that shall not be named!

... that which we do not speak of!

... the mascot formally known as Westwood!

Anyway I like the idea, I just can't represent it. So it's over to people more talented than me.

-gben

Been a while since I've been here but I wanna give it a try:

Normal:

cncnz10yearsrs8.th.png

Transparent (PNG, sorry IE6 users):

cncnz10yearstransparentbb3.png

Though, why aren't we using the ESPN font?

Thierry, I really like yours. Would be great if you could put the site colours it some how though.

/me likes these colors better anyway :P

nice job thierry :nod:

I didn't think this was for the t-shirt but I'll try and do something that doesn't have copyrighted stuff in it

Edit: so you guys are looking for the brighter stuff?

Edit 2: and do you want it more like a banner or more squareish?

Edit 3: since I really have nothing else to do hows this? (I was going to make the colors of the letters match the V8 scheme but they looked too dark so i used CNC10)

cncnzlogorevision3.png

logo10so1.jpg

I'm not quite happy with how this turned out so it still needs some touching up and possibly a few changes.

there goes any chance I have...

yeha... a mascot!

We need a fluffy, beanbag type version of some sort of tiberium creature for our mascot. Quick... lets patent it before EA does!!!!!!

Then we could do a little music to advertise it and get profits!

Something like this or maybe Something like this. :P

Thierry, I really like yours. Would be great if you could put the site colours it some how though.

Which colour would that be? CNCNZ blue? CNCNZ purple? C&C gold?

1. Make mascot

2. Give him fur and make him fluffy

3. ????

4. Profit!!

I thought this was just for the site...

Which colour would that be? CNCNZ blue? CNCNZ purple? C&C gold?

Base it on the current Red V8 style. Make the earth red, the text gold etc... see how it looks.

And for anyone that is confused. This the CNCNZ.com 10th Anniversary. Strictly all about the site. Not C&C, we already did that back in August 2005.

yeha... a mascot!

Then we could do a little music to advertise it and get profits!

Something like this or maybe Something like this. :P

Ok first one was really funny... and immediately I thought that Zee could record our anniversary jingle!!!

(Thiery... love your work!)

-gben

Mine. :nod: I did a few colours as yeah. :P I would have put an image in their of some description but didn't get round to it...

cncnz3.png

cncnz2.png

cncnz1.png

nice effects - like the last one best.

-gben

I really like the blue one Luk3us. My only problem with it is you got the name wrong. It's CNCNZ.com

You know if someone could expand on this one it be great :thumbsup:

cncnz10.gif

i definitely love the artwork given. although, i feel like it isn't distinct. as i said before i think we need a mascot. we need a symbol, something representative and something that people will remember.

something related to a kiwi?