Sign in to follow this  

Manually

When you use Wordpad to open the ZHINI.big you get to see ALL the stuff that ZH uses. (also some stuff that TibEd can't edit yet). Now doing everything manually is to much work for me, but is it possible that you can use Tibed to make another ZHINI.big with the changes that you made in Tibed and then manually edit the stuff that tibed can't do yet?

(simply put: Can I let the changes that I made in Tibed show up in an ZHINI.big file an then edit the stuff that tibed can't do yet, since doing EVERYTHING all over again is to much)

Sorry, I forget to log in when writing that message but its from me.

Yes, you can. If you export your mod as a BIG file, look for it in the game subfolder "Mods", named according to your mod name. You can use FinalBig to edit this file and then add the extra INI files you might want to edit.

You could also add these files to your TibEd project through the project explorer, but then it is not possible to edit them - have to reimport them all the time. The advantage then is that TibEd will put them in the BIG file for you.

Also, which INI files do you need? I've worked on Science.ini and Rank.ini for the next version (which are done now).

Guest joeb2000

You have to extract the ini files with "BigPOP" or "FinalBig". Then edit those with a text editor. I recomend Bigpop because it allows you to overwrite an ini file rather than finalbig having to delete then insert the new one. Since finalbig cannot delete some of the files you want to edit. But bigpop can overwrite some files by accident if you have the wrong files selected. It doesnt look at the ini to see if the name already exists so it just puts the info in whatever file you have selected.

Also if you are going to edit something I suggest you use Koens mod selector rather than edit the Zhini.big file. That way if you mess up you will still have a copy of the original plus if you edit something you will not be able to play online and might even have to reinstall the game.

Just make a copy of the ZHINI file and edit the copy. You also have to add the file modinfo.ini to be ablr to use modselector.

In the end it is much easier to use tibed rather than tring to do things yourself unless there is something you want to change that tibed cannot right now. With the new version 11 you can clone units "SWEET". The only things you really cant get to are the prerequisites for the things already there and the special things, like their cost and when you can purchase them. If you want to know how to do that I posted it in

http://forums.cncnz.com/viewtopic.php?t=818

It is just a brief explanation but I hope all of this helped you.

Guest joeb2000

LOL

Koen was posting while I was.

Koen you have already finiched the science.ini editing feature?

Man I just posted that yesterday. Noone can ever say you are not on the ball.

When will you release the build for it?

Thanx a lot!

Now I can change everything. (also the nuke stuff...)

When will you release the build for it?

Well I'm on a roll sometimes... but sometimes I'm MIA for some time.

I guess I'll just release it as alpha 12 since there are people wanting it ;)

Might try to add cloning to everything (except strings) since that's kind of trivial. I'm having a hard time tracking down the problem with adding strings though... that's why it's disabled in alpha 11.

Alpha 12 will be either Friday, or next week (as I'm not available this weekend I can't release it then).

Also, which INI files do you need? I've worked on Science.ini and Rank.ini for the next version (which are done now).

Uhhhhhh what rank.ini file? Where?

Uhhhhhh what rank.ini file? Where?

You can find a test version of alpha 12 under http://www.tibed.net/beta/tibed2alpha12test.exe

Rank.ini contains the 5 ranks found in the game which you get after killing units and stuff (and how much science points you get and such are found in this file). It's only 20 lines, but it contains those Generals points everybody wants to increase ;)

Ok I found it, it is in Generals, I was looking in Zero Hour. Uhh Koen you might want to make tibed not look for it in Zero Hour since it is not there.

It is Generals only not in Zero Hour.

Oops there. I automatically assumed it would be in ZH too. Will fix in the next pre-release version.

Koen, Tibed 12 Is really good, it has most of the thing of Alpha 9 for ZH. There are just a few things that you might like to know.

The first thing is whenever I want the change the Mod Settings (name etc) or select a Command Button I get the next message: Access violation at address 00519AC2 in Module 'TibEd2.exe'. Read of adress FFFFFFFC

After that and I select OK (since I can't do anything else) TibEd won't work anymore. Because when I then select some (something no matter in what tree) I keep on getting this message: A component named frmKeyValueEditor already exists. I will get this everywhere whenever I get the first message. If I don't select the Command Buttons or the Mod Settings tibed will work fine.

And one small thing, if a unit has more then 1 prerequiste I can't modify both.

Further on its a great mod. Keep up the good work.

All this is for ZH, don't know about generals.

Guest Prometheus

Yeah i get the same thing thank god it was just me.

And one small thing, if a unit has more then 1 prerequiste I can't modify both.

Alpha 12 final is ready, no longer has the crashes. The prerequisite, I assume it can have multiple instances (multiple Prerequisite= entries)?

If so I have to add it to the data file. Note that this is probably missing with all the multi-key Behavior modules too. Report any other multi-instance problems you find to me and I'll fix them.