Sign in to follow this  
Luk3us

Starcraft 2: A new Era

Hey, cool name huh? Now as opposed to that other thread this one is aimed at discussing hte cool new things that Starcraft 2 is bringing to the mix.

Go here to get some information

The new single player campagin concept looks pretty cool. :nod:

to me it isnt that big of a deal, and i would be surprised if your just learning this lol

http://www.starcraft2.com/

been out for a few months now, its even on the official blizzard site

my wishes:

1. higher or no population limit

2. more new toys (definitly)

3. secondary money generator

4. SW!! maybe nuke for terran, psionic storm for protoss & plauge infestation for zerg...

5. ghost using sniper

they should have giant mega-super-duper units that would be awesome, all I've done is play a bit of SC1 haven't even read about SC2 yet so if they ssaid something about that, my bad but it would be awesome

They do have some units like that. The Thor for the Terrans comes to mind, big walking mech looking thing, that starbase thing for the Protoss, but that has been nerfed apparently...

Yeah it would be nice to have no or a higher pop level in this game, as you can now select all your units on screen, as opposed to SC1, where it was only a handful of units. :nod:

yeah only being able to select like 14 units at a time is frustrating when in any other game you can select like 50

there will be "super duper units" so far protoss has the mothership which is quite strong

Also theres a pop limit for a reason, if you played like C&C then the game will lag... as in have too many units movign around the game lags badly, the way blizzard does with the pop limit, reduces that lag tremendusly

Also there prob wont be sw but super units, like the mothership

terrans have there nukes but those arnt sw

there arnt really any sw in most blizzard games, only super unitd

ghosts are already snipers... theyw ere in last game, only they are truly used as snipers in the second one..... go to the starcraft 2 site..

I seem to recall ghosts having shotguns

well, not really shotguns, some type of canister gun, they were meant to be snipers but didnt really show them at being one, in SC2 they actually make them just like snipers.... as in they have invisible cloaks and have one shot kills, well it was kinda like that in starcraft, just like i said, didnt really show them as snipers when they should be

I agree, Ghosts aren't enough like actual snipers. Hopefully you're right about the improvements. :)

They're commandos really, but you have to admit they have some pretty nasty abilities. Call in a nuke strike, call in drop pods full of Marines, and the one shot kill thing is pretty neat too, plus stealth! Kick ass. :P

just go to the starcraft 2 site... in regular starcraft they didnt really give us the full picture that they were snipers, which they were but remember, its a old game. now they did show them as snipers, heres the link

http://www.starcraft2.com/features/terran/

i know alot about starcraft 2 :) i was obbsessed with ti for 2 months >.> learning as much as i can

plus the small video clip even shows ghosts being snipers.. plus before he fires the gun looks like a sniper

I love the new Viking of the Terrans. It literally tears anything apart... Making the threat of long-range assaults, like Zerg Guardian raids or Protoss Reaver Drops or Terran Siege Tank Bombardment a thing of the past... 8)

i dont think they put reavers in this, if you read some of the descriptions on protoss units, it got replaced, sense reavers die too fast and cause too much damage :roll:

anyway starcraft 2 is gonna be a kick ass game, it might even get more hits then WoW

nothing will beat the almighty WOW :no:

You never know, Punwisp. And whatever they (Blizzard) make to replace the Reaver, it can be pwned be the Viking... More so if it's a Colossus, since any weapon, anti-air or anti-ground, can hit it...

i like the new ghost..serve the purpose.

colossus..cool mecha..

Yup, Starcraft 2 does really seem to rock everyone's world...

its reminds me..how big starcraft universe really is...

new & cool unit at our disposal.

really isnt a "new" ghost, same type, same jobs. They just fineally showed they are snipers, anyway why are you calling himm a moron? of course sc isnt a mmorpg.... doesnt mean sc2 can beat it... WoW got more hits then any other rts games :/

i dunno bout you...

in SC, its more 'shotgunning' his/her enemy rather than 'sniping'...

they didnt show them much as snipers in regualr sc but they were, in sc2 they really showed it