Sign in to follow this  
Luk3us

Starcraft 2: A new Era

Dont want to go offtopic (again), but i think the EALA devs did a great job with CnC3- I may interpret differences to TS as minus point, but nonetheless, its fun, its CnC- From a team that mostly made quickly boring games, especially RTS, under pressure, timeframe, and with mostly no one from the original CnC devs.

And im far from being an EA fanboy (CnC fanboy wouldnt be a too far-stretched concept, though).

Still hope that KW will offer enough for TS die-hard fans, seems good enough (Personally, im in love with it).

A bit more on-topic:

Blizzard isnt a perfect dev either, i wholeheartedly agree with Azrael (Cheesy?!) and AlphaBear.

Blizzard RPGs turn quickly into a kill-and-pick-up-fest in SP, which is addictive at first, but mindnumbing after a time, and theres very small diversity in the game(s).

By today, fans are disappointed how cheaters got the uphand of the game, and Blizzard doesnt care, as theyre slow to patch WoW, which, imho, isnt an RPG at all (Even less so than Diablo). But thats not the point.

The point is, while WC3 is a great game, and SC a hallmark of online RTS, theyre not impeccable either, and this "Hey, its Blizzard, so its awsome" bias is nauseating.

Regardless, im keenly anticipating SC2, and hope that it will offer everything SC1 didnt offer in SP back in the day.

About CnC3s sysspecs: I never noticed any lag when the game came out, but its been worse and worse, hell knows why. Its still moderate if we compare it to other RTS or any hardware-crunching games.

i give points for units & factions, but turn me down when it require better hardware. but still, C&C3 is great during skirmishes. campaign, well, i havent finish any bcoz i'm stuck at a point. but i guess the story is ok.

WC3, i only enjoy DotA.

but hey...no game is perfect i guess.

LOL wow that last part made me laugh, i havent really been on for months... once in a while during that time i would pop up and post once.... so yea how can i comprehend on what goes on IF I WASNT HERE

LOL wow that last part made me laugh, i havent really been on for months... once in a while during that time i would pop up and post once.... so yea how can i comprehend on what goes on IF I WASNT HERE

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:48 AM

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:08 PM

A little short of a few months

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:48 AM

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:08 PM

A little short of a few months

i see you caught a mouse there. :lol:

Nice. Anyway, back to topic... Any new updates on the Blizzard site? I can't go, I'm currently goofing off from our research on extinct Kingdom Animalia species for science... I'd appreciate if someone posted anything new for SC2... Thanks... :roll:

They have posted some information about the Protoss Carriers. :nod:

Clicky

Overall they are basically the same as from Starcraft, but they look a little more funky. And the shield animation looks nice.

Hey, thanks! I've been gone for a very long time... It seems... Had the periodical exams for Q2 of the school year... Thank God it's now the semestral break, but damn, I've got 3 projects to work on... :evil:

I'm enjoying my 1 last week off school... It was supposed to be 2 weeks of fun, but the first week was spent making projects and ****... At least I'm having fun THIS week... Anyway... New updates on the SC2 site... The Sensor Tower for the Terrans... Pretty much unnecessary... I mean, having those damn exclamation points all over your screen ain't my description of "advance warning" or "long-range detection"... More like "freak out signal"... :roll:

agreed. after all...comsat (if still available in SC2) is enuff. are they gonna maintain wraith, vulture, goliath & seige tank?