Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

The Most Epic Game Trailer of 2007!

That's not the point... UaW and C&C have pretty much the same dev team, including Frank Klepacki.. :roll:

you say this isnt a blizzard forms, it isnt a UaW forums either :roll:

its a C&C site, both games are different, different title, different series, so your point is meaningless

anyways ill prob still buy ti and see how it is

That's not the point... UaW and C&C have pretty much the same dev team, including Frank Klepacki.. :roll:

Wow. crdgohan actually nailed it for once.

wow first topic i can remember that he didnt spam in :roll:

anyway its a diff game so its the same concept with blizzard. anyway it doesnt matter. i thought the video was ok, but not te best, i still like the theme on sc2 though, UaW music was ok, also the video looked too advanced(as in too far into the future type scenario

Why always refer to Blizzard's concept!? Damn, I can rant on about from where Blizzard most likely took it's ideas! Damn! Also, Starcraft 2's trailer theme is too orchestra-esque. This was, pure brilliance... It's music score was not too much of orchestra, but it was rather mixed in with a little futuristic like sound, akin to the Halo 1 theme... Also, you gotta admit, the graphics and intensity of this trailer is way too much to pop when compared to the Starcraft 2... Although, the flying unit was too Gundam-esque... Anyway, I think this game will be excellent, although I have to admit, I was rather disappointed with Empire At War...

P.S. @Punwisp (again), Blizzard's concepts (a lot of it, even stretching to the Warcraft series) is mostly from Games Workshop's tabletop games, to be specific, Warhammer Fantasy Battles for Warcraft and Warhammer 40,000 for Starcraft and a bit for Warcraft too...

Want me to state the MOST obvious similarities?

For Warcraft to Warhammer Fantasy Battles:

1. The Orcs are way similar to the Orks, and the Orks came like, what, 2 decades (or more) earlier than the Orcs...

2. Demons and Daemons, again, very similar, wherein they corrupt others to do their bidding...

3. Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts to Undead, again, alot of near carbon-copies, most obvious is the Dreadlord, similar to the Vampire Counts, and the necromancy ****...

4. Here's something interesting... The Undead Crypt Lord is very, very much a carbon copy of the Tyranid's Tyrant Guard...

5. Lastly, the combination of technology, magic and standard hack-&-slash style units is very visible in both games.

For Warhammer 40,000 to Starcraft:

1. Space Marines to Terrans, again, the concept of power armor, implants, drug enchancements, etc. are the same.

2. The Eldar and Protoss, are ver similar in every aspect, in such a way that they are both old races, engineered by a greater race (in the case of the Eldar, The Old Ones, for the Protoss, The Xel' Naga), and that their technology and psychic powers are well-developed.

3. Tyranids and Zerg. The most controversial aspect, which even forced developer THQ to not include the Tyranids in future Dawn Of War games beacuse ****ing stupid people will think that the Tyranids are a copy of the Zerg, which is exactly the opposite of the truth. Nearly every aspect of the Zerg are similar to the Tyranids, like incorporating the genetics of other races to their own gene pool, etc.

4. Tau and Protoss. Both races rely on robotics, armored suits and advanced aircraft.

5. The most obvious, or rather, second most obvious. Both games incorporate melee combat, advanced weapons, and psychic powers.

All I can say is, GODDAMNED GAMES WORKSHOP CAME FIRST!

But that is not to say I don't like Starcraft or Warcraft. I just loathe Punwisp's ignorance when he says that the concept is same with Blizzard. I'm just spitting back that concept of Blizzard is same with Games Workshop's.

**** that.

the gravity bomb was f****** amazing that looks so awesome this game is looking amazing, the DC vid wasn't as kewl but the laser things looked cool (they're just like 2 wheels and 3 guns and a purple laser) those looked amazing but it was too short :(

Alot of these trailers have been extremely short, most are no less than a minute long. But it's the marketing that Sega ghave put on the table. Keeping things short should (in theory) make anyone who sees this game for the first time want more.

The Petro-Gamers YouTube Channel is probably the best place to go. Between myself and Sonic, we've uploaded 33 videos covering everything from gameplay, trailers, and even developer interviews. There's a lot of great stuff in there for people to feast on if they're interested.

wow you really mis-understood when i said concept... i wasnt talking about art, or storyline... i was talking about he said that this isnt a blizzard forums, isnt a UaW forums either....

anyway i still dont see UaW have better graphics then sc2, also that trailer or w/e looked too futureistic, of course this is my opinion, just like some of your opinions are you either loved the gameplays and trailers, love the music or you just think its awsome.

cant say my opinions are wrong, cus i can easily just say samething :lol:

anyway i most likely wont buy it until it hits the $20 sale, which shouldnt take too long

it'll be a long long time before this game hits the $20 bargain bin, it looks amazing, despite it being "your opinion" futuristic is awesome, most people like futuristic... damn "opinion" cop out

mormreed]it'll be a long long time before this game hits the $20 bargain bin, it looks amazing, despite it being "your opinion" futuristic is awesome, most people like futuristic... damn "opinion" cop out

I wouldn't say that. Despite this game coming from ex-WW developers, it may not live up to the hype and die an early death. You guys are getting way too excited for such an unestablished franchise.

I'm probably going to pass and just mod TW instead.

It's not that hyped really. Only within the C&C and Petro community. Most outside of it could care less or are waiting for this game to prove itself, which I hope it does.

It would be nice but I really doubt it will. I don't think it will have enough staying power against heavy hitters like StarCraft 2 and Kane's Wrath.

You don't? I think it will do very well, if not better.

It's not established. StarCraft 2 has been on our minds for several years and the official announcement was huge. And despite EA owning C&C and it not being quite the same, Kane's Wrath will be a stellar addition to the series. I don't think UAW can stand up that well to it. Not to mention, I don't think it's going to be as epic as Saracen makes it seem.

Well maybe TSBO is right and this will really get Petroglyph going, maybe getting enough support to make an expansion pack and/or a sequel. :nod:

i fully agree with rave. just from watching the gameplay footage it didnt look all that great, you guys seem to just be getting hyped up to much :roll:, Also if this games doesnt get as many as C&C 3 or some other games, it wont take too long before it becomes $20, you guys shouldnt be too excited, most pple go on and on, on how great the game is gonna be, how it will be the best game ever. Well if you guys havent learned from the past, then you never will.

too me its just another battle of middle earth game, and dont be a smartass and say its not battle of middle earth... i mean just oike, as in there was alot of hype and it turned out to be ****, also i dotn know why when pple see great graphics it will be a awsome game

it seems blizzard is the only company, that doesnt hype bull**** and turn games into sucky games, every game gets even more hits then the last, and impresses thousands, and pple continue to play longer then most C&C 3 players. EA and other companys mostly hype so pple can buy there games(makes it around $50) which then they get lots of money.

of course blizzard hypes alot, and almost does the same, but the only difference is, blizzard makes better games, and they dont say bull****, they care more about making the best games. Anyway

forums will go crazy for a few days, or about a week.

i fully agree with rave. just from watching the gameplay footage it didnt look all that great, you guys seem to just be getting hyped up to much :roll:, Also if this games doesnt get as many as C&C 3 or some other games, it wont take too long before it becomes $20, you guys shouldnt be too excited, most pple go on and on, on how great the game is gonna be, how it will be the best game ever. Well if you guys havent learned from the past, then you never will.

Learn from the past? What I learned is that the guys at Petroglyph know what theyre doing when it comes to RTS. C&C3 would have never been screwed up so badly in the first place if these guys didn't make an awesome series to be screwed up.

I'm trying to say that UaW has the potential to be as great as the entire C&C Franchise. Our beloved Westwood and Petroglyph are mostly the same people, and that is a recipie for an awesome RTS. :nod:

i fully agree with rave. just from watching the gameplay footage it didnt look all that great, you guys seem to just be getting hyped up to much :roll:,

Cut the crap out, it's getting really annoying. You're so hypocritical. The rest of your post was you getting hyped for SC2 and Blizzard, so why don't you just knock off the crap for a change, kay?

I agree with TSBO... Some hype this ****, others hype that ****, it's all the same... :roll:

Well the Beta is out Wednesday. I'm in, so I'll take the opportunity to give you guys some first hand experience. And no, I'm not going to be Bias, I hate Multiplayer RTS games, but Petroglyph nailed Multiplayer on the head for me with Empire at War (even if the SP sucked) and got it just right. It wasn't a rush fest, it was more of a strategic game.

I'll be looking to cbe honest about the multiplayer in the Beta, balance and bugs aside, I'll be looking at the core gameplay.

And punwisp, if you continue to go on about starcraft in this thread I will delete your posts. This is a Universe at War thread. You've got enough Starcraft threads in this forum already so use them instead of this one OK. :roll:

just record some gameplay for us I wanna see it so badly :nod:

All of our UaW beta coverage will be based at http://www.petro-gamers.com, obviously. I suggest anyone interested head over to http://forums.petro-gamers.com, sign up and ask questions.

I refuse to discuss UaW on these forums when we have specific forms for that game set up elsewhere.

As for Starcraft 2, about 5 to years to late for an updated clone of Starcraft I think.

Indeed, SC2 is unique whilst remaining the same. :nod: hahah yeah that made a lot of sense. :P

Man, if that UAW beta doesn't start soon, or if I don't get in I might actually end up doing some work. haha :P

using them as examples and such, plus i was making a point ealirer and i did :roll:

using them as examples and such, plus i was making a point ealirer and i did :roll:

hello Dodger.