Sign in to follow this  
Koen

Testing TibEd 2 for C&C3: download in here

When did they decide to put this out? I've just installed it but I can't see anything like new..

Well, the differences are not very noticable. But they are there: the fix for low detail (which current TibEd 2 already contains), LUA folder for scripts. I am working to update TibEd 2 for MOD SDK v2.

Update time! The third version:

http://www.tibed.net/download?tibed2cnc3

Please give your feedback!

Install these first

Mod SDK: http://files.ea.com/downloads/eagames/cc/t...C3ModSDK_v2.exe

What's new?

- Built against Mod SDK v2

- TibEd installer now includes Mod SDK dependencies (except .NET runtime 2.0, but I'll assume most people have that).

- Updated AssetGrouping to include interesting Scrin units, Crates. Still have to do GDI and Nod. Or someone has to do it for me ;)

When this is finished, it will have the GUI of, say, like TibEd RA2's one right?

Please say right, because, i'm no programmer or anything like that, but i have really enjoyed TibEd in the past because it's so user friendly, and i enjoy making my own mods, even to this day i keep my RA2, TS, gaming alive by making my own little mods with TibEd.

I really hope you don't dump the user-friendly GUI, or i'll have to stick to editing my old games, which is fine, but i would enjoy the ability to edit C&C3 as easily as the old ones.

:?

The GUI is scheduled to return at some point - though as easy as RA2 is going to be hard. My plan is to first make this 'manual text editor' very good (by fixing all its known issues), and then I will add an extra tab with the friendly (but somewhat limited) GUI.

every time i try to use the editor i get the same error message and when i check to see if the mod is in ther mod section of the game browser its not there maybe i doing something wrong but this is the error message i get

error type:EpyImportError

error message: exceprions.importerror:dll load failed the specified module could not be found any help would be nice many thanks

every time i try to use the editor i get the same error message and when i check to see if the mod is in ther mod section of the game browser its not there maybe i doing something wrong but this is the error message i get

error type:EpyImportError

error message: exceprions.importerror:dll load failed the specified module could not be found any help would be nice many thanks

Ok, let me try helpy you out

if you not getting your mod in thr browser means that you havent made/created the skudef file so the game can see/read your mod .big file

However, tibed 2 auto creates the skudef - so check your my documents/c&c 3 directory/mods an check if both skudef + big file is there.

If no big file > check 'documents & settings' (c:) > Administrator > my documents > c&c 3 > checky there - this is a second mod destination directory

Next thing - make sure mod sdk is installed + get version 2 @

Mod SDK v2: http://files.ea.com/downloads/...SDK_v2.exe

Mod SDK Prerequisites installer: http://www.cnc3files.com/file/20

Have you got the latest version of tibed? http://www.tibed.net/download?tibed2cnc3

Start a new mod project & edit something small to test > see what happens & reply back with further errors :)

right have checked i have the files that you said installed and they are there and have checked the place where you said to look to see if the mods are there and they are not the only plce i can find the mods is in the tibed section so am well confused now and get the message this application hs failed to start because pywintype25.dll was not found ??? followed by the same measage as before

right have checked i have the files that you said installed and they are there and have checked the place where you said to look to see if the mods are there and they are not the only plce i can find the mods is in the tibed section so am well confused now and get the message this application hs failed to start because pywintype25.dll was not found ??? followed by the same measage as before

That dll file is standard install with tibed 2 :) So go into your tibed 2 directory > program files an checky if its there. If not, re-install tibed 2

Then start a new project an test again :)

hi right have checked in the tibed 2 file and the pywintype25 dll file is there so not got a clue what is going on lol

hi right have checked in the tibed 2 file and the pywintype25 dll file is there so not got a clue what is going on lol

OK, i'm going to need a screen dump or copy + paste text in here of these error messages

If you cant post image here > go to file-upload.com an you can upload your image there an post the link :)

Also, tell me step by step what you do before this error occurs

i cant seem to do anythign with the error message can only move it or close so dont know how to copy what it says as i wont let me copy and paste from it

Which Windows version are you using? XP, Vista, 64-bit XP/Vista?

Apparantly the pywintypes25.dll cannot be found, which is essential to be able to build mods (it is needed to fix a problem with the Mod SDK). It looks like there is a problem with finding the file on your machine.

Did you have any previous versions of TibEd 2 installed? Can you check the Properties of the TibEd 2 shortcut to see if the "Start in" folder is correct?

A short-term solution (which might fix it, but not tell us why it failed in the first place) would be to copy the pywintypes25.dll to your WindowsSystem32 folder.

im using windows xp i did have previous versions of tibed installed but decided to delete them and install the newest verion but still has not corrected the problem

I've decided to fix this in another way: to not use pywintypes25.dll anymore. If you redownload, you will find build 108 inside which no longer needs the file. That should fix it 8)

Also, the bug which sometimes says that a mod wasn't build succesfully (while it was) should be fixed. But I have to confirm this still (it's a timing issue, so hard to check if it is fixed).

Yes, redownload, install it, and try again.

OK, I've been poking around with this thing, but I'm not sure how to modify weapons values. I found something that looks like a weapons list, but each listing seems to have settings for every weapon, which is a very long list indeed!

Any advice?

well i fiond myself stuck yet again i have now got the mods in to the browser but after i select it and load the game none of my changes seem to be there have used the build tab and the play tab and gone through the browser thus no joy am i doing something wrong ?? :?

OK, I've been poking around with this thing, but I'm not sure how to modify weapons values. I found something that looks like a weapons list, but each listing seems to have settings for every weapon, which is a very long list indeed!

Any advice?

This is a bug: multiple-asset import bug (shows up at every WeaponTemplate). Needs to be fixed so only the weapon requested is imported.

well i fiond myself stuck yet again i have now got the mods in to the browser but after i select it and load the game none of my changes seem to be there have used the build tab and the play tab and gone through the browser thus no joy am i doing something wrong ??

Do you see "QUIT (Mod)" on the "QUIT" button in the main menu of the game? That is a sign whether a mod is active.