Sign in to follow this  
Koen

Testing TibEd 2 for C&C3: download in here

If you start the C&C3 Tiberium Wars Control Center->Game Browser->Mods tab, is your mod listed?

Do you have the TibEd log file of "building" of the mod? In the Debug menu, there is a "Show log" option.

Also, if you play the game through that Control Center, does your mod work?

Build} Last output line: 'Operation result=OK'

{Build} Build script return code: 0

{Build} Making SKUDef file... C:Documents and SettingsRobertMy DocumentsCommand & Conquer 3 Tiberium Warsmodscc3nodcc3nod_1.0.skudef

{Build} Cleaning up temporary folder: c:Documents and SettingsRobertLocal SettingsTemptmp00pajz

{Build} Finished

thats the last bit of the log but its still not working

Can you check if there is a BIG file in "C:Documents and SettingsRobertMy DocumentsCommand & Conquer 3 Tiberium Warsmodscc3nod"? And can you send me the file ( http://www.tibed.net/email )

right have looked in the file you surgested and all thats in there is the skudef file for the mod i made

OK... then I am going to need the whole output of the "build mod" operation... because apparantly, the mod was not built properly.

Yes I got it. Just haven't been able to look at it yet.

Updated to beta 5a (build 111):

- XML editor now has a white background with a friendlier color scheme

- Made XML validator more useful - by going to the line indicated if there is an error

- Changed "No editor available for this node" text into "Select item to edit"

- BUGFIX: Reopening files in the startup form now actually works

- XML editor now shows the current line number

- Hide C&C3 AssetBuilder error messages about missing art XML files (which are not really errors and can safely be ignored). Only the warnings of the built-in game files are hidden (you wouldn't want to hide all errors).

- Dependencies of the C&C3 Mod SDK are now included in TibEd 2 installer. The user only needs to install the Mod SDK themselves.

I still need to update the built-in Game Object list (to also show Nod and GDI units). But the other improvements (especially to the build system and the XML editor) warrant an update for you ;)

PS: TibEd 2 for C&C3 is still being worked on, but right now a rather annoying bug is being tracked down. Need to squash the big ones first before improving it further ;)

Of which bug do you speak?

And may I ask why, in your build system, you copy all the files to a new folder, does this not just mean all the xml files need to be compiled again (even those which you did not edit) where as if you used the MOD SDK manually only those changed/related to the mod (ie in mod.xml) would require to be compiled... Correct me if I am wrong as it was just an observation made when viewing the output of the build in TibEd vs running BuildMod.bat

You've probably noticed but I figured I mention that when editing some Assets (i.e. weapon.xml) each WeaponTemplate you edit generates a file containing all (or a lot of) the other weapons, and editing more than one weapon creates an error because the defines at the top of weapon.xml are duplicated into each new edited weapon file. (Hopefully I explained that well enough...)

p.s. Is this any help? http://willow.nekomanga.com/get/133/assets.xml

I've added the GDI assets to TibEd beta 5b (download it now under the usual link). The bug was that one of the paths, responsible for copying the BIG file into the game, was hardcoded (so it would only work on English language versions of Windows XP, installed on the C drive, running as the Administrator account).

TibEd copies the whole build environment to prevent weird bugs - people can actually damage the Mod SDK by building a mod the wrong way. For the compiling, this does not make a difference, the normal compilation process also shows the references to those files.

What remains to be fixed:

- complete Weapons.xml copied when editing WeaponTemplate assets

- Firehawk asset bug (retrieves comment instead of correct content). Probably related to the WeaponTemplate bug.

- add Nod assets

I'm really busy the next 2 days so I can't look into them at the moment.

Am just startting to mod a little bit not big but a little any way I like to say tibed2beta5 I know its only a test a and bugs in it at this time but the only down side is you only can edit GDI and SCRIN and its about time they did a program like this for C&C3.

How come they not put any NOD suff in it yet?

Still testing it? :D

Crusader1, now NOD is in as well.

New version, beta 5c:

- BUGFIX: Certain XML assets have a comment after them. Unfortunately, the XML parser cannot handle this and make the entry dissappear. To fix this, comments are stripped from the XML until a more permanent solution can be found.

- BUGFIX: Files with multiple XML assets would keep about 50% of them around, instead of only keeping the one to be edited. Fixed. This was the WeaponTemplate bug.

- Known issue: when editing multiple weapons, the XML Defines will be in both files. The Mod SDK does not like this and will complain about multiple definitions. To fix this, remove the defines at the top of all but one weapons (or other items with defines). Until TibEd handles the defines for you, this issue will remain.

- Added Nod units and buildings to the list, thanks to brightemo

Download it from the usual places (there's a link on the frontpage of TibEd.net as well).

So far I have only used this for a day and it is alot easier to manage now then 5b. Iv not run in to many problems so far, however a few things might help improve this over all. i dont know if it can be done with such a large amount of data but i have to open tibedit and leave it open while i play the game (unless i go back and close it). Another thing is i didn't look very hard but i cant find some of the gdi stuff you know like nod other and scrin other.

The only real problem i had with the software was the weapon templet i changed something and it messed up everything i went to a new mod and snaged the orginal code and replaced it but it still would not work so i dont know about that. but anyways i love tibedit iv been using them for years. thanks for all the time puy in to these things.

Hm... I seem to have a problem. I can't change my directory from the ~temp folder. Asides from that it works fine, but because of this problem I cannot use any of the changes I make in-game! Any help would be appreciated. KTHXBAI

I have had this happen to me also, for some reason it just comes and goes, and i have no idea why...

Another thing is i didn't look very hard but i cant find some of the gdi stuff you know like nod other and scrin other.

The 'other' section for GDI is probably not there... I didn't have the time to clean it up enough to include it.

i dont know if it can be done with such a large amount of data but i have to open tibedit and leave it open while i play the game (unless i go back and close it).

I don't understand what you mean here. Do you want TibEd to stay open while you play the game? Or should it close itself? Or do you mean something else?

The only real problem i had with the software was the weapon templet i changed something and it messed up everything i went to a new mod and snaged the orginal code and replaced it but it still would not work so i dont know about that.

The weapon bug is supposed to be fixed - for new mods, that is. For existing edited weapons, you should go to the Project Explorer and delete the WeaponTemplate_(weapon name).xml file. Then you can let TibEd recreate it and it will be correct.

Hm... I seem to have a problem. I can't change my directory from the ~temp folder. Asides from that it works fine, but because of this problem I cannot use any of the changes I make in-game! Any help would be appreciated. KTHXBAI

Which directory can't you change from the "~temp" folder? What do you mean by the "~temp" folder?

The notion of temporary folders is rather broad... there is the TibEd temporary folder (~TibEdMod.xx) and there is the "building a C&C3 Mod temp folder"... or is it the game folder which is set to some folder?

i dont know if it can be done with such a large amount of data but i have to open tibedit and leave it open while i play the game (unless i go back and close it).

What I mean here is that in tibedit for say red alert 2 i just opened the game and it already had the mod installed. Though, since i have multiple mods for the game i suppose just closing automatically when i play the mod would be a nice touch.

This thread is about TibEd 2 for C&C3. RA2 support is TibEd 1.6x. And mod management is not really a strong point of TibEd 1.x, it is something which cannot be fixed.

Beta 5d is out now:

- updated for SDKv4/game 1.09

- added "GDI Other" section

The next version will bring some internal changes to bring back support for TibEd-like editing. So this version is the last of the "old" C&C3 editors (generation 1).