Sign in to follow this  
Koen

Testing TibEd 2 for C&C3: download in here

Python Script Engine output

<--- edited by Koen to remove irrelevant parts -->

================================================================================

{Build} Temporary directory assigned: c:docume~1masterlocals~1temptmpscnlas

{Build} Temporary directory proper name: c:Documents and SettingsMasterLocal SettingsTemptmpscnlas

{Build} Copying CnC3XML files to build environment...

{Build} Copying Mod SDK to build environment...

{Build} Copying mod files into build environment...

{Build} Launching build script...

Command = 'BuildModThroughTibEd.bat middleearth'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mod Name: middleearth

Current folder: c:Documents and SettingsMasterLocal SettingsTemptmpscnlas

Building Mod Data...

Operation result=ASSETBUILDERFAILED

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Build} Last output line: 'Operation result=ASSETBUILDERFAILED'

{Build} Build script return code: 0

{Build} Copying BIG file: 'c:Documents and SettingsMasterLocal SettingsTemptmpscnlasbuiltmodsmodsmiddleearth.big' to 'C:Documents and SettingsMasterMy DocumentsCommand & Conquer 3 Tiberium Warsmodsmiddleearthmiddleearth.big'...

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "../../edittree/libTibEd__init__.py", line 31, in mainMenuFunction

File "C:DOCUME~1MasterLOCALS~1Temptibscript2.py", line 23, in menuBuild

File "C:DOCUME~1MasterLOCALS~1Temptibscript2.py", line 181, in buildMod

File "../../installerPython/buildzip/tempshutil.py", line 46, in copyfile

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'c:Documents and SettingsMasterLocal SettingsTemptmpscnlasbuiltmodsmodsmiddleearth.big'

---------------------------------------------------------

This is what i get when i try to build a mod..

i have the modsdk 4.0

updated world builder

& game version 1.09

i tibed 2 beta5 d

i dont know where i am going wrong neither..

and all im tryin to do is lower build costs as a test and thats what i get...

someone please help me

** CJ **

Whoa. It just completely fails for you. It's like it is not running the Mod SDK properly at all. Do you have the .NET framework v2.0 installed?

I get the same but except koen i have all the prerequisites for both Tibed 2 Beta 5d (build 113) & the original MoDSDK

Tib2b5dedited.jpg

i have uninstalled and reinstalled both restarting and quick re-installation of the modsdk and tibed 2 beta 5d.

i dont know koen, what im doing wrong what the program is doing wrong... other than that tibed 2 is a pretty neat program for C&C 3 seeing that there is no other editors... lol... :D

Can you run "BuildMod SampleMOD" inside the normal SDK and see what happens. Does that work for you?

I'm not ruling out a missing .NET Framework 2.0 yet (until someone explicitly tells me they have it installed).

way ahead of ya koen i've done that before i posted and when i ran it it worked...

im trying to upload the right picture so you can see...

Tib2b5dedited.jpg

sorry about the double post... I'm not sure what you mean by running the "BuildMod SampleMOD" if referring to the Cmd prompt I have done that... running it through Tibed via import I have not....

Okay, I got a bit confused. So, to Arkane: please install the .NET Framework 2.0.

To Savear: you have the .NET Framework installed properly, because the AssetBuilder tool is running - only it is crashing. So you have something else. It looks like the SDK tool is having trouble accessing C:usersaBlazeAppDataLocalTemp<TibEd created folder>. This does not look like the "typical" Documents and Settings name that Windows gives it. So is there anything "special" about your Windows environment concerning user accounts/logging in/access rights? Is it XP or Vista?

Im running Vista Home Premium im new to it and I really dont know nothing about it... as for access rights and all that ive been experimenting with it on my laptop... so it may just be privileges... if can help me out i'd appreciate it..

Because of the access denied error that you get... can you change the permissions on your "Temp" folder where the files are to something like "everyone" can write? That might fix it.

Good News Koen, Your A Big Life Saver Thanks Dude... instead of giving the temp directory itself access rights you have to give the whole appdata folder and all of its subfolders access too. Other than that shes a working beauty... and i will be in touch thanks a thousand... :D One last problem how do i find this Command Center Mod Launcher or what not.... :?:

Well, in beta 5d (or is it in my dev version only... cause I fixed the launching?), it is in one the menus. Or in your Start Menu->Programs->Electronic Arts->C&C3->C&C3 Command Center.

I didn't know that framework 2.0 needed to be installed, I will do that within the next hour. I will respond back and post results tonight... Thank you

*** btw it is in the menu for the launching***

just for the heads up

(An maybe update your website..lol) unless u doin this on the down low and i luv tibed 2 it works wonders for generals and zero hour...

Hey Koen I don't know if this is the right place to post, but would you happen to know what weapon I should edit if I am trying to edit the Nod Sam Site Weapon Damage Set...

And if this is the wrong place to post can you please see to it that its moved thank you Koen...

(An maybe update your website..lol) unless u doin this on the down low and i luv tibed 2 it works wonders for generals and zero hour...

Good point. This is my major weakness - promotion.

Anyway, starting from the next version, the user will get a warning message when .NET Framework v2 is not installed on the machine.

Good point. This is my major weakness - promotion.

Anyway, starting from the next version, the user will get a warning message when .NET Framework v2 is not installed on the machine.

Hahahahaha... its OK.. No worries. Developing software for a game that is OMG so freaking awesome is tough work!! and then updating a website too JEEZ thats one full plate. Not to mention you probably have a FT Job as well so everyone has to understand.

If not use the Program, then try and mod the freeking by hand!!! and wonder and ponder on how or where in the hell a person would even START to program something so sophisticated... Any ways that is my way of saying WAY TO GO KOEN.. you are doing a bang up job, on just what you have so far! NOTE# i have started the mod project middle earth., so far ehhhh but once you throw out a more tibed GUI like version i will have to suffice with cost increases and decreases other than that i do not know where or how to even begin on anything outside of tibed .. but here is a way to update your website... underneath your C&C 3 Category

where it says :

Editor?

Currently, there is no C&C3 editor available. Until a Mod SDK is released, it is not feasible to make one. Even if the Mod SDK for C&C3 is released, it is still unknown whether I will make an editor. My suggestion: do not get your hopes up, let us wait for the Mod SDK first.

UPDATE* Tibed 3 in development .... Have a Beta version Release

try it out and post bugs in the tibed forum... maybe even add a tibed 3 forum... just some thoughts and ideas... i wish i had programmer languages so i could take some of the burden off but alas i have none but i do know some html skills... would love to join your team to help out where i can just think on it and see what you think :idea:

CJ

It's tempting to call it TibEd 3, isn't it? But I won't, because it is so much work to rename everything :wink:.

I've updated the site a bit, it should now be a lot more obvious that TibEd 2 supports C&C3. Also, the default download now points to beta 5d, so everyone gets C&C3 support to go.

Beta 5d is quite stable, I think. So my "beta 5e" which brings back a GUI has some less time pressure on it.

Checked the updated site and it is very clear about tibed 2 supporting C&C 3 editing. Now on to bigger conversations ..lol

Do you know when the GUI release wil be done or maybe even a Estimated Time of Arrival ?

Or Maybe even a teaser Screen Shot, now that would be cooL .

I tried to use Mod SDK and i got so confused in trying to get it to work i just said the H*ll with it!! lmao. But now i major Mod Question::

In tibed C&C 3 how do you create a new unit or duplicate a old unit to another faction ?

Well i am glad that i could help you in your Project and i will continue to turn the program inside out and see what i can find

Let me know if there is anything i can do for you

CJ

Installed:

-Windows XP Professional SP2

-Microsoft Framework 2.0 & 3.0

-Command & Conquer 3 Kane Edition v1.09

-Mod SDK Required Applications

-Command & Conquer 3 ModSDK v4

-TibeEd2Beta5

Log:

{Build} Temporary directory assigned: c:docume~1masterlocals~1temptmpip4h0t

{Build} Temporary directory proper name: c:Documents and SettingsMasterLocal SettingsTemptmpip4h0t

{Build} Copying CnC3XML files to build environment...

{Build} Copying Mod SDK to build environment...

{Build} Copying mod files into build environment...

{Build} Launching build script...

Command = 'BuildModThroughTibEd.bat TibEd-474ac76c'

Mod Name: TibEd-474ac76c

Current folder: c:Documents and SettingsMasterLocal SettingsTemptmpip4h0t

Building Mod Data...

Command Line: c:Documents and SettingsMasterLocal SettingsTemptmpip4h0tModsdatamod.xml /od:c:Documents and SettingsMasterLocal SettingsTemptmpip4h0tBuiltMods /iod:c:Documents and SettingsMasterLocal SettingsTemptmpip4h0tBuiltMods /ls:tru

e /gui:false /UsePrecompiled:true /vf:true

Command Line: c:Documents and SettingsMasterLocal SettingsTemptmpip4h0tModsdatamod.xml /od:c:Documents and SettingsMasterLocal SettingsTemptmpip4h0tBuiltMods /iod:c:Documents and SettingsMasterLocal SettingsTemptmpip4h0tBuiltMods /ls:tru

e /gui:false /UsePrecompiled:true /vf:true

BinaryAssetBuilder started

Cached session data not available.

Session cache age is 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes.

Loading 'file://c:documents and settingsmasterlocal settingstemptmpip4h0tmodsdatamod.xml'.

Resolving references: modsdatamod

Generating stream: modsdatamod

modsdatamod Linking binary data

modsdatamod Linking import data

modsdatamod Linking relocation data

modsdatamod Stream complete

Cached session data not available.

Session cache age is 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes.

Loading 'file://c:documents and settingsmasterlocal settingstemptmpip4h0tbuiltmodsstringhashes.xml'.

stringhashes.xml: Compiling StringHashTable:TheStringTable [11e5cf64:f0b88fb1]

Critical: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

at BinaryAssetBuilder.XmlCompiler.Plugin.ProcessInstance(InstanceDeclaration declaration)

at BinaryAssetBuilder.Core.AssetDeclarationDocument.ProcessInstances(OutputManager outputManager, Int32& instancesCompiledCount, Int32& instancesCopiedFromCacheCount)

at BinaryAssetBuilder.Core.DocumentProcessor.ProcessDocumentContents(AssetDeclarati

onDocument document, OutputManager outputManager, Boolean generateOutput)

at BinaryAssetBuilder.Core.DocumentProcessor.ProcessDocumentInternal(String logicalPath, String sourcePath, Boolean generateOutput, OutputManager outputManager, String basePatchStream)

at BinaryAssetBuilder.Core.DocumentProcessor.ProcessDocument(String fileName, Boolean generateOutput, Boolean outputStringHashes)

at BinaryAssetBuilder.BinaryAssetBuilder.DoBuildData()

at BinaryAssetBuilder.BinaryAssetBuilder.Run(String[] args)

at BinaryAssetBuilder.BinaryAssetBuilder.Main(String[] args)

This is an internal error or potentially a bug.

{Build} Last output line: 'Operation result=ASSETBUILDERFAILEDrn'

{Build} Build script return code: 0

{Build} Copying BIG file: 'c:Documents and SettingsMasterLocal SettingsTemptmpip4h0tbuiltmodsmodsTibEd-474ac76c.big' to 'C:Documents and SettingsMasterMy DocumentsCommand & Conquer 3 Tiberium WarsmodsTibEd-474ac76cTibEd-474ac76c.big'...

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "../../edittree/libTibEd__init__.py", line 31, in mainMenuFunction

File "C:DOCUME~1MasterLOCALS~1Temptibscript2.py", line 23, in menuBuild

File "C:DOCUME~1MasterLOCALS~1Temptibscript2.py", line 181, in buildMod

File "../../installerPython/buildzip/tempshutil.py", line 46, in copyfile

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'c:Documents and SettingsMasterLocal SettingsTemptmpip4h0tbuiltmodsmodsTibEd-474ac76c.big'

I'd like to say love TibEd, just chiming in to see what I’m doing wrong or windows is. No big for me, hehe literally it seems; just giving feedback. Take care.

I'd like to say love TibEd, just chiming in to see what I’m doing wrong or windows is. No big for me, hehe literally it seems; just giving feedback. Take care.

Does this always happen? Or could it be related to certain changes you've made? I see 3 possible causes:

- input file makes the parser crash

- the MVP.XML dependency bundled with TibEd mismatches the one the Mod SDK built against, this would be related to changes maybe

- your machine might have some bad RAM

All I get are 404 errors.

If you have the current beta 5d, then you no longer need to install these dependencies separately, I've put them into the normal TibEd download.

If you have the current beta 5d, then you no longer need to install these dependencies separately, I've put them into the normal TibEd download.

Yeah, I didnt notice there were 7 pages of post until after I posted that. I noticed I had to install .net framework 2 and now it work as it is supposed to (almost)

Anyway, the reason I am posting this time is because I was messing around with the weapon attributes and get this error.

Critical: Definition UNLIMITED_CLIP_SIZE defined in c:documents and settingsjoelocal settingstemptmpxbzpwcmodsdataweapontemplate_gdimammothtankrocketpods.xml is already defined in c:documents and settingsjoelocal settingstemptmpxbzpwcmodsdata

weapontemplate_mammothtankrailcannon.xml

I have tried simple small things in a bunch of things to see what I can and cant do.

After I messed with the damage of the weapons on the mammoth tank I get the error.

I didnty actually change that definition at all.

joeb2000, you've just encountered something that is not yet properly handled by TibEd. When you edit weapons, you have to remove all the "Define(s)" at the top of all but one of the weapons you are editing. This is an issue that is on my TODO list, you'll most likely only encounter it when editing multiple weapons (and each fiel will get a copy of the defines... but the Mod SDK wants each define to occur in only a single place). This needs some TibEd magic to handle it for you in a future version ;)

Did what you said and it worked like a charm(kinda).

Just looking at a weapon made me have to delete the define(s) in that weapon even when I didnt change anything in it.

It was a pain in the butt to try and remember every weapon I looked at. Is there a log somewhere to show what files I looked at, or tibed has added to the mod?

Edit:

Cannot find executable specified by the mod.

If I try to launch the mod via the CNC3 control center I get that message. If I launch it via tibed it works though.

Edit2:

I fixed it, edited the skudef for the mod to be

mod-game 1.8

instead of

mod-game 1.9

Then just made the skudef read only, that way I dont have to keep editing it every time I build the mod again. Tibed gives me an error about not having access to the file but I know it is ok.

Yeah I am to lazy to update every time there is a new patch (which seems quite often).

I thought changing the sting (ModGameVersion) in tibed would change it in that file also but I was wrong. So then what does ModGameVersion do then?

I made a second edit so if anyone else was having this problem it would help them.

Edit3:(man I have a lot to say)

Just an FYI, under "GDI buildings" you have "Tiberium Silo". That is the capturable special building on a map. The building for GDI tiberium storage is called "GDITiberiumSilo". Also I noticed you are missing the sonic emitter in the list (yes I know you are still working on adding stuff, just letting you know). It is called GDITerraformingStation in case anyone wants to know.

Does anyone know where the command set for the defensive structure build list is? I am referring to if you click the shield icon, the things you can build there. I want to reset the cranes list to be able to build more than silos. However I cant find the list for the defensive structures, only the main list.

alright so i get the error when i try to build mod , that claims the building failed, even though it succeeded saying

"operation result= Ok"

i believe its because i cant get the Mod SDK Prerequisites installer:

how in the world can i resolve this as well as get the files that are not available any longer ?

>>> [ http://www.cnc3files.com/file/20 ]

Can somebody put it on filesend or something thanx.

Read 4 posts above yours, plus give the actual error you are getting.

Koen has said that error may pop up but if it say operation ok try and see if it works.