Sign in to follow this  
Koen

Testing TibEd 2 for C&C3: download in here

alright how do i "try it" if it says game will not start because the mod did not work like how do i start the game with the settings i made inside of Tibed 2 ??

Hey Koen how is the new update commin along? Is it gonna b just like the generals GUI or are you gonna throw in some craziness..lol

just poppin in to see how goes it

later man

*** CJ ***

Mandigg what version of the game are you using?

If it isnt 1.9 then you have to edit the skudef file for the proper game version. Go back a few post and read what I posted about it.

There are 7 pages of things, you might want to go back and read them to find answers to some of your problems. That is wehat I did.

ok so turns out i had v 1.04 .... oops. i am updating now ill try it after I'm done.

thanks again.

so i updated to 1.9 and this is everything i get in the console when i hit build or play mod.

Python Script Engine output

sys:1: RuntimeWarning: tempnam is a potential security risk to your program

Initializing default Command & Conquer 3 project

Language file found for: english

================================================================================

{Build} Temporary directory assigned: d:usersmandiggappdatalocaltemptmpvcqk5n

{Build} Temporary directory proper name: d:UsersMandiggAppDataLocalTemptmpvcqk5n

{Build} Copying CnC3XML files to build environment...

{Build} Copying Mod SDK to build environment...

{Build} Copying mod files into build environment...

{Build} Launching build script...

Command = 'BuildModThroughTibEd.bat TibEd-474fd354'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mod Name: TibEd-474fd354

Current folder: d:UsersMandiggAppDataLocalTemptmpvcqk5n

Building Mod Data...

Command Line: d:UsersMandiggAppDataLocalTemptmpvcqk5nModsdatamod.xml /od:d:UsersMandiggAppDataLocalTemptmpvcqk5nBuiltMods /iod:d:UsersMandiggAppDataLocalTemptmpvcqk5nBuiltMods /ls:true /gui:false /UsePrecompiled:true /vf:true

Command Line: d:UsersMandiggAppDataLocalTemptmpvcqk5nModsdatamod.xml /od:d:UsersMandiggAppDataLocalTemptmpvcqk5nBuiltMods /iod:d:UsersMandiggAppDataLocalTemptmpvcqk5nBuiltMods /ls:true /gui:false /UsePrecompiled:true /vf:true

BinaryAssetBuilder started

Cached session data not available.

Session cache age is 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes.

Loading 'file://d:usersmandiggappdatalocaltemptmpvcqk5nmodsdatamod.xml'.

Resolving references: modsdatamod

Generating stream: modsdatamod

modsdatamod Linking binary data

modsdatamod Linking import data

modsdatamod Linking relocation data

modsdatamod Stream complete

Loading 'file://d:usersmandiggappdatalocaltemptmpvcqk5nbuiltmodsstringhashes.xml'.

stringhashes.xml: Compiling StringHashTable:TheStringTable [11e5cf64:f0b88fb1]

Resolving references: builtmodsstringhashes

Generating stream: builtmodsstringhashes

Slow asset clean-up (expected: 1, actual: 1, old: 0, current: 1)

builtmodsstringhashes Linking binary data

builtmodsstringhashes Linking import data

builtmodsstringhashes Linking relocation data

builtmodsstringhashes Stream complete

BinaryAssetBuilder complete

Building Low LOD...

Command Line: d:UsersMandiggAppDataLocalTemptmpvcqk5nModsdatamod.xml /od:d:UsersMandiggAppDataLocalTemptmpvcqk5nBuiltMods /iod:d:UsersMandiggAppDataLocalTemptmpvcqk5nBuiltMods /ls:true /gui:false /UsePrecompiled:true /vf:true /bcn:Low

LOD /bps:d:UsersMandiggAppDataLocalTemptmpvcqk5nBuiltModsmodsdatamod.manifest

Command Line: d:UsersMandiggAppDataLocalTemptmpvcqk5nModsdatamod.xml /od:d:UsersMandiggAppDataLocalTemptmpvcqk5nBuiltMods /iod:d:UsersMandiggAppDataLocalTemptmpvcqk5nBuiltMods /ls:true /gui:false /UsePrecompiled:true /vf:true /bcn:Low

LOD /bps:d:UsersMandiggAppDataLocalTemptmpvcqk5nBuiltModsmodsdatamod.manifest

BinaryAssetBuilder started

Loading 'file://d:usersmandiggappdatalocaltemptmpvcqk5nmodsdatamod.xml'.

Resolving references: modsdatamod

Generating stream: modsdatamod

modsdatamod Linking binary data

modsdatamod Linking import data

modsdatamod Linking relocation data

modsdatamod Stream complete

Loading 'file://d:usersmandiggappdatalocaltemptmpvcqk5nbuiltmodsstringhashes.xml'.

stringhashes.xml: Compiling StringHashTable:TheStringTable [11e5cf64:f0b88fb1]

Resolving references: builtmodsstringhashes

Generating stream: builtmodsstringhashes

Slow asset clean-up (expected: 1, actual: 1, old: 0, current: 1)

builtmodsstringhashes Linking binary data

builtmodsstringhashes Linking import data

builtmodsstringhashes Linking relocation data

builtmodsstringhashes Stream complete

BinaryAssetBuilder complete

Copying str file if it exists...

1 file(s) copied.

Copying Shaders...

Copying INI files...

d:UsersMandiggAppDataLocalTemptmpvcqk5nModsDataINIvideo.ini

1 file(s) copied.

Creating Mod Big File...

Built mod as builtmodsmodsTibEd-474fd354.big

Copying built mod will be done by TibEd

Operation result=OK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Build} Last output line: ''

{Build} Build script return code: 0

{Build} Copying BIG file: 'd:UsersMandiggAppDataLocalTemptmpvcqk5nbuiltmodsmodsTibEd-474fd354.big' to 'D:UsersMandiggDocumentsCommand & Conquer 3 Tiberium WarsmodsTibEd-474fd354TibEd-474fd354.big'...

{Build} Making SKUDef file... D:UsersMandiggDocumentsCommand & Conquer 3 Tiberium WarsmodsTibEd-474fd354TibEd-474fd354_1.0.skudef

{Build} Cleaning up temporary folder: d:UsersMandiggAppDataLocalTemptmpvcqk5n

{Build} Finished

================================================================================

and then

import TibEd

print TibEd.project

print dir(TibEd.project)

in the run script box ... any ideas ? i read the 7 pages too im not sure whats wrong.

Uhh it looks like everything went fine in the building, so is it still not loading the mod for you?

Did you try loading the mod with the "Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars Control Center"?

It should have put a shortcut to that in the start menu when you installed C&C3. Try loading the mod from there and if it still isnt working post the exact error you are getting.

What did you edit, I havent really messed with things to much but in all the other C&C games it is possible to change a value of something to something the game wont understand.

Have you tried something simple like changing the cost or build time of an object and jut loaded with that to see if it would work?

Start small and add little by little while testing and keep a backup of what you know works incase you mes something up and dont remember what the settings were by default.

I personally think that would be a nice option for tibed, a button or pehaps a right-click feature to set an object back to default.

P.S. Why is your root drive for vista "D"? Just curious.

You know guys C&C 3 is more like a hard-coded program, the game and/or the editor will crash sometimes if you make changes to certain assets. If this happens this means you will need to do some more work to other assets in order to get an insured game-play or compilation. I found this out and to be true for numerous assets in the C&C 3 files... So just a little heads up...

Yes, tibed uses sdk to build the mod. The tibed interface is just a lot nicer.

Okay, something about a big file not existing or an error in creating it?

this is what it says:

This is an internal error or potentially a bug.

Operation result=ASSETBUILDERFAILED

{Build} Last output line: 'Operation result=ASSETBUILDERFAILED'

{Build} Build script return code: 0

{Build} Copying BIG file: 'c:Documents and SettingsuserLocal SettingsTemptmpdlppnqbuiltmodsmodsGDIcampaign.big' to 'C:Documents and SettingsuserMy DocumentsCommand & Conquer 3 Tiberium WarsmodsGDIcampaignGDIcampaign.big'...

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "../../edittree/libTibEd__init__.py", line 31, in mainMenuFunction

File "C:DOCUME~1userLOCALS~1Temptibscript2.py", line 23, in menuBuild

File "C:DOCUME~1userLOCALS~1Temptibscript2.py", line 181, in buildMod

File "../../installerPython/buildzip/tempshutil.py", line 46, in copyfile

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'c:Documents and SettingsuserLocal SettingsTemptmpdlppnqbuiltmodsmodsGDIcampaign.big'

i'm building the mod cause i'm sick of the stupid computer having all these units while I hardly have any...i'll show him...

all units and structures cost 1 credit and structures only drain 1 power each...lol.

You know if you do that and end up fighting a computer opponent who is the sme team IE GDI or nod, they will also build units like that. And trust me the computer exploits anything like that.

Do you have .net 2 and 3 installed on your system with a recent sdk? Not sure if you need 2 but it wouldnt work for me until I had installed 2 and 3. Also what version of the sdk did you download and what version of the game are you using?

Well I fixed all the issues...

and yeah...i'm not going to be able to exploit that in the Nod campaign am I?

Actually, got any advice on changes I could make that WOULD help me?

strangely my biggest asset during the GDI campaign was my APC's...I made them uber strong with lots of armor.

Since this is getting a little off topic I will post my response in your other thread.

Koen I think I found one small bug it has to do with the weapon assets. When editing the weapon asset you can only change certain features on no more than a few weapons... I have come to find that Tibed won't compile right when editing such features like damage on the Nuclear Missile; Nod Obelisk Sweep Weapon & Nod Obelisk AntiInfintry Weapon; and some others like the Nod Sam Site you can't edit that at all. Could you tell me if this has anything to do with Tibed or if this is a C&C 3 hard code problem that wont let me change the features....

Koen I think I found one small bug it has to do with the weapon assets. When editing the weapon asset you can only change certain features on no more than a few weapons... I have come to find that Tibed won't compile right when editing such features like damage on the Nuclear Missile; Nod Obelisk Sweep Weapon & Nod Obelisk AntiInfintry Weapon; and some others like the Nod Sam Site you can't edit that at all. Could you tell me if this has anything to do with Tibed or if this is a C&C 3 hard code problem that wont let me change the features....

Yes Savear,

I have also experienced that problem as well, i do not think it is hard code... i do beleive it has to do with the capability of Tibed, And trust me have no fear im sure KOEN is hard @ work with his next update, dont quote me on it but im pretty sure KOEN is on the case... a few other weapons i experienced editing was the obelisk in general, even creating a new faction and trying to edit that way was not happening... Also what kind of modding were you trying?

***CJ***

I have downloaded this Tibed2beta5d to edit C&C3. I have run into several errors, (I am sure most of them are because of opperator error) but my biggest concern is once I have put the absolute minimal amount of changes in & recieved the "Successful" message after I press 'Build Mod', I then save, and follow up by trying to 'Play Mod'. Unfortunately, the changes do not take effect. Neither in the campaign nor the Skirmish. What am I doing wrong? :roll:

Arkane Wrote: "I have also experienced that problem as well, i do not think it is hard code... i do beleive it has to do with the capability of Tibed, And trust me have no fear im sure KOEN is hard @ work with his next update, dont quote me on it but im pretty sure KOEN is on the case... a few other weapons i experienced editing was the obelisk in general, even creating a new faction and trying to edit that way was not happening... Also what kind of modding were you trying? "

I Made 2 versions i started out modding the nod side ( everything, it built successfully) i than decided since my mod version 1.00 was ok i would mod the weapons of nod..." you know a little piece by piece modding", i than tried to mod some few weapon assets, i ran into trouble trying to mod the following: nod obelisk (all 3), nod samsite weapon (just the main weapon on here), nod avatar beam-cannon, nod avatar flame, nod avatar laser, flame tank weapon, and some others i can seem to remember. I plan on making it a pretty large mod.

Some feedback:

- .NET framework v2 needs to be installed, that might be Mandigg's problem

- editing weapons adds defines multiple times... this needs to be fixed still

- I've found some stability issues inside the TibEd GUI; these are fixed in the development version

I've been pulling some stuff in the C&C3 editor upside down to work better internally, this is to fix the weapon defines problem, but I still have to finish this.

It's time for a new version - but only in this thread, because I've been messing with stuff (and might have broken things). So, download beta 5e for the following:

- Updated to newer Mod SDK v5

- Defines in C&C3 XML files are now moved to Mod.xml upon import, to prevent duplicate declarations (e.g. as happens when editing multiple weapons)

- BUGFIX: Control Center menu item now actually launches the Control Center (instead of the game)

- TibEd now warns about changing the game version built against

- Supress spurious warnings that the mod wasn't build properly (while in fact it was)

- BUGFIX: crash when editing something in the key-value editor, leaving the cursor in the edit box, and then closing the window

- Numerous fixes to the flushing mechanism (changes present in the GUI weren't saved when pressing save/build mod, until the node was switched or explicitly saved)

- Changed handling of C&C3 XML files internally.

The two-line summary: the WeaponTemplate bug is fixed, the XML editing has been rewritten, so I can bring back the GUI next and the current "GUI" has received stability bugfixes.

Updated beta 5e with a small update to the Generals/Zero Hour editors:

- improve performance of importing BIG files more than 5-fold (especially for large BIG files)

- added extra prompt for mod ID when exporting the mod, don't want empty names

Updated beta 5e again (10-01-2008), this time:

- in C&C3 XML files, comments are now preserved 8)

- minor fix with namespace prefixes (ns0:), they should no longer show up

Please let me know if this version is stable for you! I'd like to give this version a public release as soon as I know it's gotten some testing.

So Far So Good... I've had a little bug problems but I've managed them out, due to the fact that it was a "vista" problem.... its ok im just waiting for the GUI it will make it a lot easier to edit... :(