Sign in to follow this  
Koen

Testing TibEd 2 for C&C3: download in here

Hey Koen what is the command line prompt for launching the C&C 3 Command Center...

Control center command-line option:

CNC3.exe -ui

Koen, i have run into an error with the new release 5e. The problem occured after i had made a string of changes for the scrin and had tweaked the settings in special powers and upgrades. I then went on to try to edit the Weapons Template, and an error message displayed.

Error type: EpyAttributeError

Error message: exceptions. AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'makeelement'

Since this error message first appeared, no matter what i try, including starting with a new project - whenever i select a weapon from the weapon template, this message now occurs.

Hope this information can be useful to you.

Lachlan

Lachlan, can you use the "Show log" option from the "Debug" menu in TibEd, and copy the output when this error occurs? Then I'll know in which lines the program crashes (it will have a backtrace there).

hey koen not to rush you or anything but i am curious when are we going to be able to see the GUI version of Tibed2 C&C3...

Good point. Real life kind of took over after Christmas. It does allow me to go visit Barcelona and Alaska later this year, because I got papers accepted at those conferences. I will have to get back to you... I should get a laptop so I have a portable development system.

Ive managed to work with this new latest form... and for sometime i believe its alot better than the others, I have ran into some little bugs, nothing to big to where auditing my own work couldnt solve.

All together, Tibed beta 5e is a nice work of art, and to me shows more promise I can't speak for everyone else, so this is my opinion on the matter, Tibed B. 5e is working excellently.

how long till the new Kanes Wrath Editor... :D

For Kane's Wrath, an editor can only be made after EA releases a Mod SDK for the game. Rumour has it that there might not be a Mod SDK for Kane's Wrath...

As a final post in this thread, I would like to point you to the TibEd 2 beta 5f release thread. It fixes a few issues with editing C&C3. Lets take the discussion about editing C&C3 to that thread!