Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

APOC Returns from Leipzig

Community manager, APOC, has return from his trip to the Games Convention in Leipzig, Germany. And after a day off he is back on the scene with this update that he posted on the Official C&C Forums, informing us all about the hottest topics concerning C&C 3, and what's coming in next month or so.

Hey everyone,

I am officially back from the Leipzig Games Convention, back in the Community Manager hot seat here in my cosy darkened cubicle. After a nice 14 hour flight back from Germany to Los Angeles, I decided to take the day off yesterday in order to let the jet lag pass by so I'm not talking on the message boards like a zombie. That said, I've spent all day playing catch-up on some 10,000 e-mails, but thankfully, Producer Greg Kasavin did a fantastic job as expected keeping you guys updated on the patches and MOD SDK releases. I have to say, I'm delighted that we were able to publish the "HOTFIX" Patch 1.08 quickly, I've said it before, but we are passionate and committed to growing and supporting the C&C community.

Just some quick updates on the hot issues at hand:

- The list of bugs from patch 1.07 and 1.08 that has been generated in multiple threads is being heavily analyzed by our development team here. As always, we will look at the bugs and determine the critical level of each and consider fixes for future patches such as patch 1.09. Our goal going forward is to address critical game-breaking or balance- breaking bugs, when or if they occur, and the most critical balance fixes at hand. Later in September, I will provide more insight into the changes for Patch 1.09 that you can expect.

- Additions and fixes to the MOD SDK are under heavy consideration as well right now. We are looking at the top issues and working to understand what are the most important areas for fixes or more information. We have a fix in place for the low LOD setting issue, and a better UI example for creating menus. I am compiling information for other such related issues and will post in one cohesive update as soon as possible.

- The C&C League Season 1 is extremely close to blasting off now...finally, hopefully before patch 1.20 right? Friendly joke. I have just been waiting on final rules from our legal department, everything else is in place. I will make sure to give you guys lead time so you have time to prepare for the ladder reset. It will not happen this week, but I expect starting some time next week will be optimal. The first season of our league will be host to $10,000 in cash prizes and some other great goodies. It is going to be a fantastic inaugural season!

- The next episode of Battlecast Primetime will likely occur later in September. We shot a lot of great footage at Leipzig and will be bringing you some very special segments and exclusive looks at Kane's Wrath, and speaking of which...

- More info on Kane's Wrath will be forthcoming in September. Enjoy the tidbits from Leipzig and the shaky cams, but you can expect a huge dose of info and media in September.

The usual bans and suspensions weekly round-up will be hammered down again this week, the mods are doing a great job collecting names. So do not fear, the 60 from two weeks ago was just the beginning of what will be a weekly maintenance. Don't think because I was gone last week that you are safe.

I'll be on the boards more regularly as usual starting tomorrow, and maybe even some late night fun tonight.

BTW, if you have ideas or initiatives for things you'd like to see more of from myself as the Community Manager, our website, etc, things outside the normal patch requests, please do not hesitate to post some ideas.

Glad to be back, missed you guys!

Cheers,

APOC

Click here for the original thread.

Flood control is needed in the lobbies, and proper ignore controls.. Cause damn some of the lobbies are full of rubbish. :P

So when are we getting info on the balance and economy changes for 1.09, which will hopefully be "faster", than the last "fast" 1.07 patch. :P

I've spent all day playing catch-up on some 10,000 e-mails
I almost feel bad for emailing him now

Nope only sent him one, although when i sent it i completely forgot about Leipzig