Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Command & Conquer's 12th Anniversary Celebration

Hey freebies! :P Shame I already have it, but its still something nice EA have done. :)

Just having the original source as a reference would make a huge impact.

You all played Unreal Tournament, right?

When Epic stopped supporting UT, a group of volunteers asked if they could continue development on Epic's terms, not truly releasing it as open source.

EA should invite the FreeCNC guys to join discussions about a similar agreement and letting them bring Tibdawn and red alert up to spec.

Ah, you can always dream :P

Well, you do have APB, but that is just a very detailed total conversion mod.

EA should invite the FreeCNC guys to join discussions about a similar agreement and letting them bring Tibdawn and red alert up to spec.

Mm, wish that could happen, but the project maintainers seem to have abandoned the project a while ago.

SVN history shows periodic bursts of activity, but other than that...: http://sourceforge.net/project/stats/detai...p;mode=12months

Just having the original source as a reference would make a huge impact.

You all played Unreal Tournament, right?

When Epic stopped supporting UT, a group of volunteers asked if they could continue development on Epic's terms, not truly releasing it as open source.

Ah, you can always dream :P

Well, you do have APB, but that is just a very detailed total conversion mod.

Renegade/APB still work on XP pretty much flawlessly. As TS, TD, RA1 do not. That's why people want the source code, so that people can change it to work great on XP/Vista/Etc.

Some think EA doesn't even have the sources codes anymore, which they never have addressed. But they don't like to address a lot of them with certain answers.

Just ask VK or pd. They could probably do it. They didn't have the source and they successfully hacked the main game EXE for Tiberian Sun and Yuri's Revenge.

Just ask VK or pd. They could probably do it. They didn't have the source and they successfully hacked the main game EXE for Tiberian Sun and Yuri's Revenge.

Yes, patching/reverse engineering. Porting is a different matter though.

C&C original as a free be. man what a rip. EA could have done better than that. i payed good money for that game years ago and also the first decade version, that is one part of the celebration. EA do better. that was just a slack, on your part. hive us a history of Westwood's beginnings and the construction of C&C etc. EA try harder.

Comander Starlin

Post Edited by Admin - Offensive comments removed.

By the way, where is that C&C 10 section of CNCNZ?

With all the wallpapers from the art contest and stuff?

All of that is still on the site, its been merged in with the standard sections though.....

C&C 10 Wallpapers: http://www.cncnz.com/gallery/thumbnails.ph...m=33&page=2

C&C 10th Anniversary Gallery: http://www.cncnz.com/games/cnc/gallery/

C&C 10 Interviews with the original Dev team: http://www.cncnz.com/features/interviews/

C&C original as a free be. man what a rip. EA could have done better than that. i payed good money for that game years ago and also the first decade version, that is one part of the celebration. EA do better. that was just a slack, on your part. hive us a history of Westwood's beginnings and the construction of C&C etc. EA try harder.

Comander Starlin

Uh, wow dude... It gets more people insight into the original game that started it all. Yes, you can claim it's unfair for those who bought it originally but it's not a big deal. Meh, whatever, guess EA can never please anyone. They actually did me this time.

Exactly. Not everyone bought TFD, not everyone has his old copy of CnC, and not everybody heard about CnC before TW.

Furthermore, many people had to endure horrible painful dubs like me, so im grateful that i can play TD in English.

The original installer and CD covers would have been the icing on the cake though :P

But Apoc!

Remember that this doesnt distract us from how KW turns out, and those who hated EA before still do.

Thats not necessarily EAs fault and i doubt you can do anything against them.

I hope Covert Ops will be available as well, I never actually played it before. :)

You can get C&C and the expansion packs on some abandonware sites.

Also I remember PC Powerplay a few years back offering C&C for free also. :nod: So it ain't new, but still nice to the uniformed. :)

Exactly. Not everyone bought TFD, not everyone has his old copy of CnC, and not everybody heard about CnC before TW.

Furthermore, many people had to endure horrible painful dubs like me, so im grateful that i can play TD in English.

The original installer and CD covers would have been the icing on the cake though :P

But Apoc!

Remember that this doesnt distract us from how KW turns out, and those who hated EA before still do.

Thats not necessarily EAs fault and i doubt you can do anything against them.

Donno why you insist on trying to grab APOC's attention here, he doesn't stalk this forum. Email him or start spamming the official forums. :nod:

Well, he stops here occasionally.

Id bombard him on the official forums, but i always get errors when trying to register...

And i havent got his email :)

Wow, APOC posting on CNCNZ!

Anyways, i got bored and made a wallpaper in celebration of Command & Conquer's 12th Birthday. Nothing special, just though i would show you guys :D

Anyways, i got bored and made a wallpaper in celebration of Command & Conquer's 12th Birthday. Nothing special, just though i would show you guys :D

nice. Glad there's no evil nod here!

-gben