Sign in to follow this  
Avist Torch

Kane's Wrath and Tiberium Continuity

Actually, I think that the designs for C&C3 and Tiberian Sun doesn't really connect well.

Well when I spoke about the connections to TD & TW, I'm thinking that WW already had certain concepts in place, like a flat mammoth tank for instance.

Of course in WW's concept this seems to transform into a long range artillery unit (ala juggernaught). Of course looking at the picture, what looks like a mammoth tank could simply be a sophisticated mobile artillery, that cannot fire from it's undeployed state. But that seems a cumbersome idea, so it's more likely to be my first idea.

-gben

when comparing TS and TW, you have to keep in mind the graphic capabilities. TS looked gloomier than it may have actually been intended to.if you consider how daylight looks in TS compared to TW, you may come to the realization that in TS -no matter the time of day- the atmosphere is consistently 'dark.'

Eventually when TW is converted to TS (the long awaited mod TS rising?) we'll see it in a different way. but as for the sci-fi design and style transition between TS and TW, that was explained was it not? im looking forward to how KW will look when they tie the two together...

when comparing TS and TW, you have to keep in mind the graphic capabilities. TS looked gloomier than it may have actually been intended to.if you consider how daylight looks in TS compared to TW, you may come to the realization that in TS -no matter the time of day- the atmosphere is consistently 'dark.'

Eventually when TW is converted to TS (the long awaited mod TS rising?) we'll see it in a different way. but as for the sci-fi design and style transition between TS and TW, that was explained was it not? im looking forward to how KW will look when they tie the two together...

Yeah it will be interesting to see how much mileage the retro TS mods will get from the upcoming KW expansion. But now that I do think about, I did feel like I was playing a perpetual night mission in TS...

Yup. It was too... Well, out-of-this world in terms of environment... It wasn't the earth I knew and loved...

As i remember it, at the end of Firestorm... that was the point of the storyline. The idea was to search the tacitus for ways to solve the tiberium riddle... begin reversing the effects of tiberium spreading over Earth (ref: veinholes, tib floaters etc)

I suppose if anything, thats the main question... how did we go from a TS universe where such life existed to the TW scene where such life isnt around (least i havent seen any)

they explained where the life went didnt they?..anyways, my point was that the environment of TS wasn't necessarily as perpetually dark as everyone may have thought, just that those graphics were the only ones aloud with that engine and tech..