Sign in to follow this  
Rider

Getting the Tiberian Dawn cursors

Hey, I was just wondering how tricky it would be to get all the cursor images from TD so I can build me some windows cursors from 'em. I mean... is there an easier way then taking screenshots and cutting out the mouse cursor?

I already tried rummaging through the MIX files, but haven't found 'em there... so anyway know how to get them?

You'll find mouse.shp in CCLOCAL.MIX -

I couldn't get shp builder to open it though.

what you could do is use the preview in XCC mixer.. (make sure it's view>> palet>> Tiberian Dawn>>temperat.pal, so that it's seen in the right colors)

take a prnt screen, and crop out the frames, one by one.

Then you'd have to find a program that you can convert your frames into .cur or .ani files of mouse cursors, which you might be able to find on google

2 bad but google does not like the words tiberian sun cursor...

read my post. I said a program that makes cursors.

XCC is enough to get you the frames of the cursor, but you need an actual program to make the images into cursor files

search google "cursor maker program", and you'll likely find one

EDIT: The Tiberian Dawn cursors are too small to act as practical Windows cursors.

I'd go for the TS cursors, since they're bigger, and OS shp builder is able to open & extract the images.

I extracted the frames for you, and uploaded them. Click here to download it, do whatever you want with em.

wasnt there a TD theme pack that included cursors?

wasnt there a TD theme pack that included cursors?

Actually, i think that was just for RA1 not TD, but i may be wrong..

Im certain i had a TD theme running

There is actually. The only problem is that to use it, you need to install it properly, as the source files are kind of useless unless you know how to change them into whatever they're supposed to be. And the installer only works on Win98 with the PLUS pack installed.

At least... that's what I know. I had the theme running on my '98 machine. I'm not sure it had cursors too though...

You'll find mouse.shp in CCLOCAL.MIX -

I couldn't get shp builder to open it though.

what you could do is use the preview in XCC mixer.. (make sure it's view>> palet>> Tiberian Dawn>>temperat.pal, so that it's seen in the right colors)

take a prnt screen, and crop out the frames, one by one.

Then you'd have to find a program that you can convert your frames into .cur or .ani files of mouse cursors, which you might be able to find on google

wtf dude... what's wrong with XCC's handy Copy As PCX frames option? :P

Waaaay easier.

Hey, I was just wondering how tricky it would be to get all the cursor images from TD so I can build me some windows cursors from 'em. I mean... is there an easier way then taking screenshots and cutting out the mouse cursor?

I already tried rummaging through the MIX files, but haven't found 'em there... so anyway know how to get them?

In the XCC mixer

just click on file -> Find.. And type "Mouse.shp" and search for it.

Thats probably the fastest way to find it. :wink: