Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

New Kane's Wrath Screen Shots

We haven't had many Kane's Wrath in game screen shots for awhile. But that changes today thanks to Chrissyx. Originally posted in this thread on the Official C&C 3 Forums.

thumb_screen16.jpg thumb_screen17.jpg thumb_screen18.jpg thumb_screen19.jpg thumb_screen20.jpg thumb_screen21.jpg thumb_screen22.jpg thumb_screen23.jpg

Most interesting is probably screen 19 that shows some sort of laser fencing around Nod's structures. Many more Kane's Wrath screen shots are available in our gallery.

Ahh, so they must be authetic then, since APOC has stickied the thread.

Laser fences are back, no doubt a late game upgrade to stop pesky engineers. :P Aside from that it all looks good. Except for Seekers having ****ing shields! Meh. :P

it seems that the tripods have an upgrade similar to the devour tank.... they have green beams......

and seekers have sheilds?????WTF????

it also looks like you can put people in the juggernaut.

and the new scrin units look sweet.

Seems like the Tripods will become more powerful, and the Juggernaunts as well! Poor Avatars...

Are laser fences the only new structures?

Nod seriously need some real firepower...

i think nod is the one with more tib advancements....

more than GDI anyway.....

and we should give them some more time to give more advancements to the buildings.... :?

Has anybody besides me notice that GDI is not using hardly any tiberian weapons :?:

It wouldn't make much sense for GDI to invest in Tiberium Weapons, considering they are strongly opposed to Tiberium in the first place.

Looks like you can upgrade the Guardian defence turret as well to use a Railgun.

I like that u have shilds for every armor unit in a Scrin sub fac. (As seen on a screen)

Seems like the Tripods will become more powerful, and the Juggernaunts as well! Poor Avatars...

Are laser fences the only new structures?

Nod seriously need some real firepower...

LOL... Nod will probably get a liquid tib bomb to balance that out. :D

But seriously, I want to see more from Nod than just a APC, but on the other hand, STOP GIVING US SPOILERS! :strain:

Has anybody besides me notice that GDI is not using hardly any tiberian weapons :?:

It wouldn't make much sense for GDI to invest in Tiberium Weapons, considering they are strongly opposed to Tiberium in the first place.

Well they should make use of it while its on earth :idea:

hmmm...

screen 19... laser fences around each building... yuck. now every single building is automatically protected when you buy the upgrade. And judging by the unprotected pp obviously we need to capture/destroy one of those before you can capture the pp. I think this solution is a cheat - and dumb. I think the traditional wall technique would have been the better solution.

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

screen 20... a juggernaught is firing a set of twin rockets, obviously an attempt to provide some close in fire support. I thought it was simply a rocket pod attachment. But I like babiking's observation that it could be a bunker, checking again it fits with the gfx. I think that fits in with gdi factional fiction, but I would have prefered a better splash damage upgrade.

:thumbsdown:

screen 21... a gdi apc with a crane on it can only mean the return of the mobile repair vehicle that's fast and flexible. Which kinda makes the rig a redundant unit? I'd prefer the apc over the rig, but I wish they'd stuck with the rig dynamic as it was unique.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

screen 22... who are the new scrin units attacking is that the nod awakened? Look more like GDI units?!? But I guess screen 23 at a different angle seems to confirm they are nod.

:thumbsdown::thumbsup: = 0

screen ??... tripods with upgraded lasers... now we're talking serious unit!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Screen ??... a shield faction under scrin could work. I share Luk3us concern about that, although they are ludicriously weak and need the buff.

:thumbsup:

Ok, let me go through every pic individually as well:

Screen 16: Very nice and intriguing map detail, hopefully not just a testing image and an indication of variety in maps. Guardian railgun upgrade rocks. And *I* do like the wall upgrades- Thinking back to Generals, id rather say theyre individual upgrades (See screen 19 for reference). The visual style fits both parties, and its better than nothing- Adam Isgreen, Creative Director at Petros mentioned that walls probably werent and wont be implemented into the SAGE engine because of severe pathfinding issues.

Screen 17: More shields? Good! Seekers shooting Tiberium shards? No, no, no. Tiberium troopers look nice.

Screen 18: Nice farm setting, reminds me of RA2. At least *some* kind of snow, altough full-blown snow maps with animation would be better.

Both infantry upgrades (Napalm, ion (?)) look nice.

Screen 19: These fences make me cry. Theyre beautiful! Looking at this KW feels like a complete new, deep dream game, dont ask me why.

20: Ugly map. And how stupid does the Juggy look with the bunker? It rather should had a customizable weapon slot. And yeah, i want to know what other upgrades (Avi?) are in store, theyre vital.

21: Noice. Both the map and that crane APC look interesting.

22: Tiberiumshard-shooting infantry. Priceless.

23: Not much to say. Hopefully you can use more neutral buildings (A hospital perhaps? A repairshop? Perhaps even some special units with crtain building possesion?)

And i agree: MORE NEW STRUCTURES!!!!!!

I share Luk3us concern about that, although they are ludicriously weak and need the buff.

:thumbsup:

You want to buff what? Not the seeker I hope, that thing needs a nerf, and its getting one in 1.09. :P

I'm slightly annoyed with GDI, they seem to be getting all the useful things and all Nod gets is a glorified APC, which goes against the notion of Nod being hit and run, and something to replace the beam cannon. Everything else is kinda iffy atm.

Makes me laugh when you guys study screen shots and analyse everything about them :)

I just give them a quick glance, save them, then upload them.

Haha guys, so when you see a Maple tree do you go "Obviously a move to add tasty sap for the Canadians to harvest, but I donno how it balances out against an Oak". :haha:

Yes well you see this is a classic example of EA just making things up as the go, with no respect to the history that has gone on before.

I mean everybody knows the Maple Syrup is actually an American product, discovered by native indians when Chief Woksis threw his tomahawk into a tree one winter's evening. It's simply a case that the Candians were able to streamline the manufacturing process in 1864 and get more product out there! So for some reason everyone thinks they're more famous for it. Check any map, maple trees can be found in more parts of USA than Canada!!!

Which is why I state for record, again, it should be the American Harvestors who should have lots of little harvestors, while in the new UN patch, the Canadians should have fewer but more efficient Harvestors, due to technological advantages.

None of this mirror rubbish, or fiction-on-the-fly lame excuses in the database about certain espionage activities in the energy crunch of the 1970's technological breakthroughs.

I mean really... this is kindergarden/elementary school stuff. EA could really learn to concentrate on reading books rather than comics with near-naked women - before the release the next historical accurate maple-syrup war patch. Or maybe they should stop releasing images of WIP, and giving us Morse-Farm diehard fans an excuse to go mental like this.

sheesh.

:roll:

What the ****?

Anyway, I agree with Luk3us. The seeker is in need of a nerf.

Careful what you wish for... Remember the over-nerfed call for transport ability...

I was reading the CNC Den comments on the same photos. Someone pointed up that a bunker on a juggernaught could mean the inclusion of a sniper and longer sight range...

I don't actually recall which has a longer range (Juggernaught or Sniper), I'm just assuming that it uses the Starcraft dynamic of being able to shoot further than it can see (ignoring the across map firing ability of course!) so that would be interesting.

But apparently the Juggernaughts with the bunkers also sport a 'rail gun' upgrade! If you look at the images a second time, you can see the barrels of the front row are different to the back row. I'm not sure if that is actually true... but apparently this was in the novel???

A juggernaught with rail guns!?! This seems to be a serious buff.

(I wonder what the distance difference between the two projectiles is? It would make sense for the weaker projectile to travel further, allowing enemy units for opportunity to close the gap and return fire before being eliminated... but I wonder if that happens in actuality.)

---

Another thing i didn't notice the first time. The map with the rail-gun upgrade for the goliath defense turrent, shows GDI structures with a laser fence as well.

---

If the tripod and jugger are getting *serious* upgrades, what are they going to do for the Nod Avatar. This is the first thought that has cheered me. Some hope at last!

You didnt see the walls? :P

Yeah, seems that every unit gets an upgrade, so im curious as well what the Avs will be, it must be something very very classy.

And what will the epic units be?

2 subfactions per faction are kind of few, though.

Btw, the juggy's design is entirely different here.

the shields of the seekers will probarly only come in a late game

and now are the seekers useless in a late game so i am fine with it

ah! the chem worriors are back! they remind me of the toxin troopers in genz XD

but anyways looking at the pix, GDI seems more and more powerful! its just a biased game I tell ya!

they should have like a dedicated NOD, GDI and SCRIN development teams and then put it all together like, then it wont be biased! :lol: