Sign in to follow this  
spark

Any new structures fior Kane's Wrath?

Theres Kanes voice, which is a tower with a similar effect to the chinese propaganda tower, but instead of healing, it buffs allied units.

nah.. you know how hard and annoying that can be? lol your opponent could put those everywhere and have bases and you wouldnt even be able to tell where there at, it was good in TS but it would suck in this... unless they make special stealth detectors on both sides scrin and GDI

you guys need to remember this storyline is mainly for the gap between TS and TW and then later on they continue the story. So most likely they will have these units in the game. of course a few might not be there. Anyway they continue the story where they left off in TW they prob wont have those units, sense they only existed before TW, but you never know

if they did it would conlflict with TW current timeline, thus making the story/plot even worse

Maybe he means it in combination with disruption towers...

lol your opponent could put those everywhere and have bases and you wouldnt even be able to tell where there at, it was good in TS but it would suck in this

what the puck?! :wtf: theres no friggin propaganda towers in TS!

thus making the story/plot even worse

Storyline is good, now quit the yip yap...

thats not what most "veteren" C&C gamers said about it,i for one liked it though. It would still mess up the story a bit though

The story isn't what Westwood envisioned it to be... It isn't the best, but it IS better than nothing...

The outline is the same though: The Scrin arrive and Kane tries to escape his prison. I do think that the main sotryline is very good and a logical development, but it needs to be elaborated.

im still puzzled on WHY they took out walls... i mean they were very useful... if they put it in, it would greatly go good agianst those pple who send engineers to capture your base

and its useful in so many other ways... like slowing a small army down for instance

Adam answered this one on the petro forums: The SAGE engine doesnt do very well with pathfinding, with walls complicating it to a point it wouldnt be fun to play.

For holding back engineers, there will be those building upgrades weve already seen.

There should be stealthed wires to torture the engineers anyway.

or napalm mines...

or napalm mines...

Lol, that's kinda cruel.

or napalm mines...

Lol, that's kinda cruel.

oh... riiight... now im cruel?.. engenners are still the cruel guys!

no tanks, or at least anti- infantry turrets or vehicles. a player can swarm you with engineers and hope to take a key structure. I kinda liked them in RA because it takes multiple enginneers to take one over unless you damage it to the red

Yeah, but it brings up speed and takes a lot of micro-management. And I think that's kinda what EA is trying to achieve in C&C3.

Me, I don't like it. Besides, I think RA1 had most micro of all C&C games.

micro management..

doing many commands to small unit groups or single units.

opposite of C&C3 I think. it's more like a "who can create most fastest" prencip.

The new way of play of C&C3, it kinda gets boring quick. I don't know what it is, but C&C3 just made me play the campaign, a few skirmishes and a few weeks of online battle and then I just got kinda tired of it.

The new way of play of C&C3, it kinda gets boring quick. I don't know what it is, but C&C3 just made me play the campaign, a few skirmishes and a few weeks of online battle and then I just got kinda tired of it.

yes same here.. don't worry! mods will come! the whole C&C community is a great mod producing society :wink:

And I'm of course waiting for KW to spice hings up.

yeh.. Just hoping it won't be so fast-paced. I like long battles like those in TS.

War takes time, not 10 minuttes.

Hm. I got the same enjoyment out of it than TD and RA2, and still play skirmishes quite often. I dont really see a new way in playing CnC, and if, only a good one (Support powers, special abilities)since: In skirmish you can set the speed. Or what are you referring to?

I think everything is just too fast...

5 minuttes and you have all buildings and all units available.

Instead of "old" cnc where it takes a bit more time.

It kinda gives more exitement to have a base that took time to build. and that is build strategicly to serve in your own way..

C&C3 is a bit too hasty,. every battle look simmiliar to me.

I must be carefull not to set my expectations too high for KW.

anyway I hope for different game "mode" settings (speed,tech level, etc.)

Yeah, and they should bring back the ability to dodge shells like in RA1.